All melee mode for midwars

So for a while we've had the issue expressed by many that people in high mmr midwars players take the game too seriously and towerhug waiting for pk gold on their initiators and what not.

Just now I've played a game where 8/10 heroes picked were melee and the action was constant and awesome, made me want to create this thread to suggest the implementation of an all melee mode. A few of my friends suggested to just make it an all strength mode, but flux and draco could jeopardise the fun of that mode then. When all heroes are melee, this urges players to go into the river for lasthits etc.

Interested to hear people's thoughts, im personally very excited at the idea (as someone who has played midwars for 10 years).

• Like 1

Just wanted to also mention that the vast majority of heroes that are considered 'cancerous' aka very strong are ranged heroes. Ah imagine a mode without thunderbringer and vindicator, im feeling happier just thinking about it.

Ambivalent - you could try it but I doubt too much will change. Maybe people will walk forwards to get last hits, but it'll always be dangerous, and some players won't do it anyway. It could also make certain heroes like Gladiator much stronger (and Accursed/Prisoner/Devo are all melee).

If the game mode is implemented I'll give it a try but I strongly suspect I'll soon go back to playing the "normal" mode.

I haven't tried midwars for such long time so I have no idea what will this mode becomes if it gets implemented.

Though, this suggestion gives me idea to propose a suggestion to make tier 1 tower applying 200 range reduction to attack range and cast range of the allied heroes globally. That way, losing tier 1 tower gives pseudo 'advantage' than just a disadvantage as it currently does.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com