Problem with replay

Hi guys, iam trying to watch a replay of a match that i already downloaded. I found it on my local replay but i cant watch it! Hes from a another version, i clicked on compatize and them view stats to watch. But when i click on view stats it had a error "failled to retrieve mattch information" and i cant watch it. But the problem is, i already have this replay downloaded. Why i cant watch it? 

Yeah it's a known bug - it's the way we have been doing hotfix versions lately & HoN's code base and compatize system was not designed for it (unfortunately).

In the future, for any gameplay-related changes, we may have to bump the patch version up instead of just adjusting an incremental hotfix version, if we choose to address replay compatibility issues. Hotfix versions were originally intended to only encompass code/visual/asset changes, and not entity changes (thing is, entity changes usually comprise of bugfixes themselves, in addition them containing balance-related changes).

In other words, it may be addressed in the future, but indirectly. We would have to change our version release methodology if we do this, and you will almost never be seeing any 4.9.3.X versions ever again. I will decide whether this is feasible or not - the replay system isn't a fully required function to play the game.

I don't ever foresee this being "fixed" in the proper manner though. I will leave it in Confirmed.

Edited by ElementUser