Spiked Bola vs Barbed Armor Midwars

the effect time of barbed armour in midwars was reduced because other wise the item would be over powered, however the spiked bola which is a fairly cheap item for what it offers. 
( at least in midwars ) wouldnt it make sense to reduce the time it lasts for 1-2 seconds? 4.5 seconds is an insanely large time in a game mode focusing 5v5 fights

I think Spiked Bola is fine because it only affects the target and it has activation cooldown preventing chain activation on same target.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Nerfing barbed for midwars is sortoff like telling people "this item is too good so you should def buy it".

Judging by my experience barbed is not very good at all.

It is usually bought too early on str heroes, it gives a little bit of str and some damage and compared to the cost there are many better items a str hero should buy early (headdresses, sols...).

It's activated effect can be useful but it usually depends on the hero you are trying to reflect dmg back to. Only legionnaire, Kane and cthuluphant (?) can force heroes to target them but that requires positioning and usually some other items too to be effective. So rushing barbed will only get them killed while they do very little dmg back. 

Barbed can also be used to position yourself for certain abilities, lodestone ulti for example.

There are other uses too but these are prob the most common reasons for buying it at least in midwars. 

The activated dmg reflect ability can quite easily be ignored or dispelled. Nullfire blade and sand scepter are very useful items and there is usually at least one on every team for a variety of reasons. 

What I'm trying to say is that nerfing barbed for mw seems like it has been done for lower level gameplay where players don't counter pick or buy. While the nerf also tells people the item is op when it's actually worse than a lot of other items for about the same price.