Hey Guys,

I have an issue with the now in place automatic Ping mute of People I mute  in game only.
My Problem with it is the following:

If I play with friends who also speak german, I hang with them on a Team Speak/Discord Server so that we can freely speak german without "annoying" team mates in game with our language. For communication with the Team we then use Ingame Voice Chat. This though result in us hearing each other twice/doubble (once in TeamSpeak once in Ingame Voice). Due to that I simply mute my friends from the Team Speak ingame.
Back before a few patches this was no issue but now I also automaically mute the Ping of my friends which is kinda annoying.

My Question/Suggestion is to implent it so that Ping are only muted if the Person is listed on the Ignore List and not if I only mute People ingame or that there is an option under setting which can be enabled/disabled to not Mute Ping if ingame muted.

Greetings

• 2 months later...

I should be able to implement this for the patch after 4.9.4 (not in 4.9.4) and add it as an option for this niche use case. I understand because I do the same thing with my friends in other games.

As a temporary solution on your end though, you can just bind your voice chat to something else - I prefer to only voice chat with friends rather than other randoms in my games anyway.