MAGEBANE bonus Q active

Magebane is a passive hero which cannot contribute much to a fight until he gets farmed. It would be a mistake to turn a late game carry into a teamfight machine but I believe that there's room to give the player something to toy with earlier into the game.

Suggestion : New Q active. Activate to grant a debuff to Magebane next attack. Next attack will apply a mana burden debuff to struck enemy and enemies in a cone behind it. The mana burden debuff causes enemies to be silenced for a very short duration and mana costs to be increased for a slight duration afterwards. I chose a cone effect because it works well with Magebane's ability to position himself with Blink so he can debuff multiple enemies. The mana burden debuff has synergy with the new SotM feedback effect and fits well thematically with the hero's concept.

No numbers (subject to test). Focus on the concept.

Edited by Haerdal

Which part ? The effects or the way they spread ?

The main suggestion idea is the new debuff which increases mana costs. Its effect would be hidden and may not feel impactful enough for the player. This is why I added a short silence so there is an immediate visible effect to it. 

As for the way it spreads, it could be an area around the target but since Magebane has great mobility, I gated the AoE effect around it.

18 hours ago, Haerdal said:

Which part ? The effects or the way they spread ?

"activate for your next attack". never been a big fan of those and usually prefer to have it as a single target instead:)

Posted (edited)

Oh. Well, it could be a single target spell with a short range. I chose the fast activation because Magebane relies on auto-attacks and it felt fluid that way but I don't really mind.

Edited by Haerdal
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd like if the active you proposed is similar to Wretched Hag's 3rd ability, dealing damage in area. If I may put example:

Magebane auto-attacks all enemy units in 300 radius but the damage dealt is distributed evenly among the enemies within radius. Minimum damage dealt is 10/20/30/40% (dealing 100% damage to a single unit). Each combusting 30 Mana reduces the cooldown by 1 second.

Cooldown: 20 seconds

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com