[DOWNLOAD] HoN64 macOS Client Public Beta

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please post feedback here! Good and bad! I want to thank all the people who helped test and fix issues on the HoN64 discord, you're legit legends all of you, this is why we *can* have nice things

Hello, if the MAC and LINUX updates are available in 2 weeks the staff should have waited until all patches were ready instead of releasing 1, now I have anxiety and I get to see my friends playing wh

No, that does not work. I tried to run a game after decent bot-only match and the DC icon was there. So only spectrate/mentor helps

Glad to hear the arm build has been added to your CI pipeline, I'm sure Hyper has had enough of manually building and releasing each new patch 😀 Hopefully this will align release dates, there are definitely a number of apple silicon only players out there!

21 hours ago, faken said:

Glad to hear the arm build has been added to your CI pipeline, I'm sure Hyper has had enough of manually building and releasing each new patch 😀 Hopefully this will align release dates, there are definitely a number of apple silicon only players out there!

Moving HoN to apple silicon was a bigger challenge than most people realize so I'm glad there's people who appreciate it.

And I know people are eager to play right now, but this is beta after all! so these delays should be expected.

We are grateful. And would go as far to say that we’d be willing to pay a monthly fee just to play. It is better than most pay to play games out there yet I’ve never paid a single cent to gain initial access. I too hope that as the game continues to grow that people will see the results of the hard work people actually put in to making our lives more enjoyable. Thanks heaps for your effort and we’ll continue support by buying skins and upgrades in the meantime ❤️

Strange crucial bug in new patch:

Can join queue, chat in picking phase and pick hero, but when game starts 00:00, there is a permanent DC-icon and hero is uncontrolable. I can hear and be heard in voice chat. I can see text chat, but I cannot write in text chat. Restarted client and router multiple times. Nothing helped.

What elementuser said is correct, we're rolling out a hotfix as soon as possible, no ETA right now.

There's a reason this is in beta 🙂 so please have patience.

Edit: there is a work around, but I don't encourage it, once you're in a game and get the disconnect icon, simply disconnect and reconnect to the game.

Edited by HyperXewl

The workaround doesn't work for me.

I paid for this game when it first came out and I'd be happy to pay again for the effort Hyper and co are putting into getting the game back to its glory. I do appreciate your work and sorry if my previous post was misunderstood. My point was that the crucial bit for the game to succeed is uptime/availability for the userbase. I'll wait a bit more I guess, it's worth it 🙂

18 minutes ago, sennacheribb said:

The workaround doesn't work for me.

I paid for this game when it first came out and I'd be happy to pay again for the effort Hyper and co are putting into getting the game back to its glory. I do appreciate your work and sorry if my previous post was misunderstood. My point was that the crucial bit for the game to succeed is uptime/availability for the userbase. I'll wait a bit more I guess, it's worth it 🙂

I sincerely request you consider reading this thread & joining as a Mac RCT tester if you can, if you want this client to become more stable. If you can't, please spread the word to other Mac players you know, in case they can help us with stability testing prior to release.

Edited by ElementUser
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I know that this is most likely still be in the works, but just wanted to check in to see if there was an update for when the next update would be complete.

Thanks for all of the work that you do on this game! I really love it but have recently been relegated to only being able to use a Mac so don't have access at the moment.

We're looking into the issues regarding macOS still, in the meantime I've disabled the download button.

I want nothing more than to get this back up for you guys, but again - there's a reason this is a BETA and NOT a full release.

EDIT: I know some people are upset about this, but let me refer to what it says right next to the download button:

spacer.png

Edited by HyperXewl

I found a long work around, I think. Before you go to your own match, try to spectrate/mentor players. DC icon in these games are not as troublesome as in your own match. But once you can spectrate without that DC sign, your regular match should be fine too. Several restarts of the client/computer may be needed and sometimes that DC sign dissapears by itself in a minute or so (a rare case, better just to restart). I wish there would be a button "Spectrate random game" just because I dont like bothering friends with that "allow spectrate".

10 minutes ago, adgaj said:

I found a long work around, I think. Before you go to your own match, try to spectrate/mentor players. DC icon in these games are not as troublesome as in your own match. But once you can spectrate without that DC sign, your regular match should be fine too. Several restarts of the client/computer may be needed and sometimes that DC sign dissapears by itself in a minute or so (a rare case, better just to restart). I wish there would be a button "Spectrate random game" just because I dont like bothering friends with that "allow spectrate".

You could try to host a private bot-match (you can't host a single-player game on servers, so you need bots). I assume that this would have the same effect.
It will take a little longer (remember to type "ready" in the console after you picked a hero) than spectating, but you won't bother anyone.

Edited by Manu311

There used to be a similar bug on the x64 windows client, one of the earliest public beta versions. The best workaround before hotfix was to start a practice game, then close it and then queue for a real game. It's "faster" than hosting a public game / spectating a friend, so you might want to try that route as well. 

3 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

You could try to host a private bot-match (you can't host a single-player game on servers, so you need bots). I assume that this would have the same effect.
It will take a little longer (remember to type "ready" in the console after you picked a hero) than spectating, but you won't bother anyone.

No, that does not work. I tried to run a game after decent bot-only match and the DC icon was there. So only spectrate/mentor helps

• Thanks 1