New donation goals (edit/update)

Hello! I was wondering if there are any plans to update the donation goals soon regarding development for the 64-bit client?

Some examples could be:

Add multicore support

Improve the OpenGL renderer or upgrade to DirectX 12.

Add support for different upscaling methods like DLSS to increase performance.

Thanks!

We only put out donation goals on features we actually plan to implement

So no updates until then. Marketing is the next most important one that is a long term goal.

For what people seem to exclaim about how important it is, it's not getting a lot of traction. 

8 hours ago, ElementUser said:

We only put out donation goals on features we actually plan to implement

So no updates until then. Marketing is the next most important one that is a long term goal.

For what people seem to exclaim about how important it is, it's not getting a lot of traction. 

Well I guess you could have two different donation goals like you had when you started with the Donations. I think there would be plenty of interest for some of those improvements to HoN 64. The problem with "marketing" is just that it would be seen as much impactful compared to higher framerates in the client or servers upgrades which increases stability. 

When it comes to performance, HoN is honestly in a good state especially when average hardware goes well and above past 60 fps ( for example, I get 200+ )
The reason to go DirectX11 would not be for performance, but the feature set from it!

6 hours ago, HyperXewl said:

When it comes to performance, HoN is honestly in a good state especially when average hardware goes well and above past 60 fps ( for example, I get 200+ )
The reason to go DirectX11 would not be for performance, but the feature set from it!

DirectX 12 you mean? For example in Burning Crusade Classic which is a game that has the option to choose between DirectX 11 and DirectX 12. There is a HUGE difference in performance if you compare those two. 

I mean, I just mentioned those things with for example multicore option since it was in the first HoN 64 post before it got "archived" and I think there would be more demand for that than for example marketing.

Additional donation goal could be to bring back LTS for Linux. I think if the new OpenGL pipeline will happen, it will probably be an upgrade for Linux users.