Adding player vote for hero reworks or not balance related changes

How about implementing a player vote upon logging in, once per account & subaccounts (or ip) with a minimun of 100 or so played games so they can vote whether they like the new implementation of a hero rework (or something else), i dont see any drawbacks with this and it would make the community be able to participate more on the shape of the game. For example the New Ichor rework, hero is down to something like 41% win rate now and his usage remains almost as low as before all the changes.

Yoy may be right but at the same time higher pick % doesnt necesarily means the hero is liked a lot, it may just mean the hero is op or stronger than the average hero or similar roles thus also picked more. For example now people is picking more Thunderbringer cuz its more "broken" than before, but in terms of gameplay experience the hero hasnt become more fun.

11 hours ago, GiveUpBra said:

Yoy may be right but at the same time higher pick % doesnt necesarily means the hero is liked a lot, it may just mean the hero is op or stronger than the average hero or similar roles thus also picked more. For example now people is picking more Thunderbringer cuz its more "broken" than before, but in terms of gameplay experience the hero hasnt become more fun.

But you can easily see that when pick rates only increase with also increasing win-percentages. Also if he's op, he's probably banned a lot as well, so picks will not sky rocket, only win-percentage will.

Posted (edited)

I dunno, banning pick was to ban picks you dislike playing against and/or counters to what you are going to play not to ban the exact same heroes that are the most broken. 

It would be cool with a poll for reworks and/or just go the way that has been done that a lot have been reverted to its original state as HoN felt way too different from what it used to be. This was what I did not like with dota 2 is that it has got too many reworks from the legacy start.

Still think that there are a lot to revert in HoN and far from perfect but atm it is somewhat manageable to this date and think that from the beginning should've been only minor balance changes overall. It gets kinda discouraging to learn a whole new game over just because you have been inactive for some time and need to re learn the game. If you must be active all the time then it is probably way more interesting to just pick up some MMO instead, because thats what I thought was cool with MOBAs was that you can just pick it up whenever you want and play as many matches as you are satisfied with. 

Edited by Ladonien
  • Like 1