New Staff of the Mastery system

Similar to the Congor Bonus
When you receive the staff effect, you will see a window with a choice of a bonus, where you can choose one of two options for the staff effect
For example: I just suggested the staff effect for Ophelia, but I don't want other people to lose the taming effect of ancient creeps. Maybe someone likes it more, in general situations are different, and the presence of two branches of development diversifies the game and makes the players to approach this with an even greater degree of responsibility

Link to Ophelia's changes:

About changing the variant of the staff during the game:

Option one: you cannot change the effect during the game, if you put the staff in the storage, on the floor, or sell, disassemble it, the effect disappears, but when you buy or receive the effect of the same, the effect you have previously selected appears.

Option two: you can change the effect in the game once, when you buy a staff, you choose the effect, to change the effect you need to upgrade the staff to Master's Legacy, then your effect is reset and you can choose the effect of the new one.

Option three: option one works, however, you can reset the effect by buying a consumable item for several hundred coins, using it resets the effect from you to select a new one.

Edited by Rage_100
  • Like 1

Sound good

But if you make player chose the effect, then you need to make it cant be dropped. Or Something like Staff of the legacy, it will goes cooldown if you drop and pick it again

Buying the recipe again to change the effect sound stupid and waste gold

Edited by w3wstarboy
  • 1 month later...

I like the direction of your proposed change so I want to put some ideas regarding Staff of the Master Master's Legacy:

• Staff of the Master Master's Legacy is dropped by a Kongor on both sides so it can no longer be purchased via shop.
  • Staff of the Master Master's Legacy provides 200 Max Health and 150 Max Mana (+ special passive).
  • Staff of the Master Master's Legacy has same switch mechanic as Steamboots to change which abilities to be boosted.
  • Staff of the Master Master's Legacy boosts one of the three basic abilities of the bearer.
  • Staff of the Master Master's Legacy is shareable to all players and it requires 20 seconds to get the boosted ability upon picking up the item.
  • Master's Legacy Staff of the Master components are changed into Mighty Blade + Quickblade + Neophyte's Book + Staff of the Master Master's Legacy/Glowstone.
  • Master's Legacy Staff of the Master always boosts ultimate + one of the three basic abilities (+ special passive).
  • Master's Legacy has same stats as current Staff of the Master.
  • Requires 20 seconds to Master's Legacy (10 seconds to Master's Legacy Staff of the Master) after the switching process in order to get the boosted ability.

Thought Process: 

• Solidifies Kongor as a strategic objective to strengthen players besides accumulating gold and experience. 
  • Less gold investment/commitment on support role so they could spend gold elsewhere.

Edit:

• Swap Master's Legacy to Staff of the Master and vice versa.
Edited by datfizh

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

I like the idea of staff shard more than staff dropped from kong death and cant be purchased from shop. 
Because the kong mechanic from old map and new map is different, i have no idea how it will work on new map but i think it will fine if staff started to drop from 3rd kong kill on old map

Ah, sorry for the confusion. I've fixed the idea above so you could read it again if you aren't bothered.

As for the old map, I guess what you propose could work. Thanks for the feedback.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

*New map:

- If one team killed kongor on both side. they will receive staff shard in their sub-inventory (on your heroes as 7th item)

- Staff stard can only be used when the player put it in his/her main inventory

- Staff shard boost your non-ultimate abilities one level include passives.

- Staff shard will automatic disappear after 6 minuties and cant be sold or dropped 

- Staff shard give 100hp, 10 damage and 2hp regen/s when it in main inventory

- Staff of the master still worked fine together with staff shard

- You still receive permanent buff when kill kongor

* Old map

- Kongor started to drop Staff shard at 3rd kill

- Staff shard worked the same as staff of the master, same stat boost and can be destroyed

- Goes on 6min cooldown if it dropped and picked again. Cant be sold. Can be transfer between player on the same team

- Cant be upgrade to Legacy staff

- Banana removed (never like this one )

Edited by w3wstarboy