Refusal to participate/avoiding afk detection - can anyone explane it?

Hi,

Most of the reports I`ve done are for refusal to participate. All of them got rejected "Not corroborated - This ticket was a single ticket against an individual in a single match."

Considering that in all reports I`ve mentioned the exact minutes when the guys getting reported literally stays next to teamfight and don`t interfere, saving their KD, even if the fight happens in base and racks go down, why don`t this people get banned?

If it would randomly happen once, I would understand - maybe they aren`t paying attention (can happen to anyone) but that`s not the case as they also flame team for dying while defending base and saying they don`t care. Letting your team die next to you while you troll team shouldn`t be a good reason to get banned?

So, literally, what has a person to do in order to get banned for refusal to participate?

I applied for a GM role, but never got an answer. If current GMs mess it up, why not accept new GMs?

Edited by vali

Maybe read the main pinned posts on this sub-forum before posting or asking questions?

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

Posted (edited)

Didn`t know that it can also mean "actions were Indeed, taken against the player".

I still want to be GM 👀 I am one of the few people remaining who paid 30 bucks for the game 👀

Edited by vali
  • Like 1

They probably won't ban based on what you said. Common sense can tell you they won't make judgements based on tactics. What do you want the mods to do? Analyze the game and decide, "Gee, I think this guy could have made the kill if he went in but he didn't, so let's ban him", or "Maybe he would have just fed, so let's not ban him, ban the guy that started the fight instead?". That's not what banning is for, it's for people purposely trolling the game, if someone flames then sits behind the well and does nothing, that's afk, that's what bans are for. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

But the majority of players do not report because they feel that their claims with that type of player are not heard, maybe if they were first-time players it could happen to them but there are players who have up to 3 accounts and do what they want and brag that since he has several accounts they do not care that they report them because since he has another account, it is easy to change them and that's it.

This is an idea of mine but the players who are punished should meet some requirements, such as having a certain amount of public games won or for those who simply leave without any reason from the games that have games won without any abandonment between other things are ideas of punishment that may well apply to offenders, what do you think?

On 7/4/2021 at 12:26 AM, LeahhGotti said:

That's not what banning is for, it's for people purposely trolling the game, if someone flames then sits behind the well and does nothing, that's afk, that's what bans are for. 

Well, the people i report and didn`t get banned weren`t standing behind the well, but they were standing behind their own team defending base tower and not participating in the fight. Just to save their KD. Still no ban for them, tough that its clear not participating

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, vali said:

Well, the people i report and didn`t get banned weren`t standing behind the well, but they were standing behind their own team defending base tower and not participating in the fight. Just to save their KD. Still no ban for them, tough that its clear not participating

Then if they really made a bad judgement, they will go down in rank to a Bronze or a Silver V. That's what the MMR rating system is for, to place people where they belong. Banning is for people intentionally ruining the game for others. 

On 6/22/2021 at 9:15 AM, vali said:

I applied for a GM role, but never got an answer. If current GMs mess it up, why not accept new GMs?

With this kind of entitled behavior, you are killing your chances. Belittling the current volunteers in place does no good to your cause.

Has it occured to you that you might be the one who needs to become more familiar with the rules of the game? The RAP Feedback section of the forum has everything you need regarding that. You just need to get off your high horse and spend some time reading.

• Like 2