Feel free to discuss the patch in this thread after having played some games in 4.9.3.1.

Many necessary balance changes were made in this hotfix patch, so games should be less one-sided now.

King Klout
With the introduction of the SOTM, he became a killing machine, and it's not very fair that a character with 1 item can kill anyone.

Fade

SOTM on fade is completely useless, and it is not worth spending 4 thousand gold on it, since it does not bring beneficial damage or control.

Grimoire of Power

He rushes from one extreme to another, he again became imbalanced, and because of him characters such as tb and dampeer are banned every game.

Prisoner
I still think that his 2 ability is severely curtailed, since it can be broken with a hatchet and 1 attack, I don't think it's fair at all that an item for 200 gold is capable of breaking characters' abilities.

Warchief

The same as with the prisoner, 1 ability is broken with a hatchet, and he still does not have enough damage or defense to somehow position himself, now he looks like an unfinished magic carry, which does not have enough damage to stand on par with Oogie or Parallax.

Tremble

I think that he still does not have a clear role, but he can be called a ganker, but he does not have stuns or gravity abilities like a hook or a jump, he lacks damage as a carry, he cannot be on a par with TDL or Tarot, and he unable to initiate or tank a fight.

Gladiator

I really love the gladiator, but I do not see his role in the late game, yes, he has good magic damage and a whip at the beginning of the game, but in the late game he is not able to show himself as a carry, and as a tank he has neither hp or armor , the only thing left is to hope for a lucky crit in 1k, but I think that the carry should not hope for luck, but should have damage.

Gauntlet

I think that he was too fixed, since he completely disappeared from the games, now he does not have a starting high magic damage, and his hook is too short at the start levels to gank.

Ichor

with the last changes it became immortal at the initial levels, I think its damage reduction should be lowered.

Zephyr

I think that his heal from killing creeps is the same both from the forest and from the lane, dishonest, since standing on the mid lane he has a huge advantage and damage, receiving 15 hp for each killed creep, in my opinion he should be returned to the forest, and increase the heal from forest creeps and will reduce from creeps from the lane.

Edited by `IIuBo

This is not really patch related but I agree Prisoner's W lacks from it's concept. You can basically leave it on level 1 as everybody can easily destroy the shackle. I think the number of attacks required to kill it need to be drastically increased (e.g. 2/3/4/6). Damage on level 4 is 360 if you are shackled 9s. That never happens. Maybe half of the damage should be applied on impact.

2 minutes ago, Mr`Cactus said:

I think 6 autos would be too much but I agree with the concept.. maybe something like 2/2/3/3

teammates can help.. even if you are alone with 6 attacks you would never receive the full damage or be shackled over the full duration. another option would be to slightly increase it and change the duration to max of 5-6s (9 will not be reached anyway thus it can be lowered and "buffed" otherwise). Those are just numbers anyway, I just wanted to point out the flaw of the skill again. In higher brackets it's basically not usable as it will get insta destroyed

• Thanks 1

Yes, I said about everyone at once, and not just entered the patch, but the first thing worth fixing is to prohibit breaking the skills of other characters with a hatchet, 2 attacks on the prisoner's skill 2 turn into 1 and an hatchet throw, and it does not even last 2 seconds.The same is with the warchief totems, and they break with a blow and a hatchet at once 2, and there is no use from them on the solo line.

I think that you just need to remove its destructibility and reduce the action time to 4-5 seconds, because 9 seconds is too large and useless interval, since it will be broken by another 3, I think the same with the warchief, I really feel sorry for him, an underestimated hero.

And in fact, the damage from skill 2 is not important, its essence is in keeping the characters and slowing down in order to use the ultimate

Edited by `IIuBo

I also consider it important that 1 abilities of Nitro and Arachna do not lure creeps, and any melee hero will tolerate infinite damage, this is a basic attack with a modifier from the ability, so creeps should attack them.

Edited by `IIuBo
I miss the S2... when the supports were really strong and weren't always nerfed or modified, now they're all weak and very easy to counter! Items like nullfire blade (which shouldn't remove buffs) and Spell Sunder are ridiculously strong and cheap! For example, I really liked to play with Engineer mines, now they are only useful after level 3 and against weak heroes, and I don't understand why it's 3/3/4/5 and not 3/4/5/6, or only 6 as it used to be for many years...

it's these meaningless nerfs on already weak heroes that make people lose the will to play!!

Pearl's ultimate is an example of how it got much weaker, Jera's ult, Monarch chrysalis, Martyr Guardian Angel, Engineers mines, Flux ult, are just a few examples...
And i have a good PC, but my fps still dropping to 35/45 😞

On 6/19/2021 at 1:02 AM, mechupanoob said:

Pearl's ultimate is an example of how it got much weaker, Jera's ult, Monarch chrysalis, Martyr Guardian Angel, Engineers mines, Flux ult, are just a few examples...
And i have a good PC, but my fps still dropping to 35/45 😞

Meta changed but supports are still in a very healthy spot and it's much easier to support these days than it was earlier.

If your FPS drop to those numbers it's definitely an issue on your side. Try using the 64 bit client. I never had these low frames even on 32 bit client. 

On 6/20/2021 at 5:05 AM, hegelsohn said:

Meta changed but supports are still in a very healthy spot and it's much easier to support these days than it was earlier.

If your FPS drop to those numbers it's definitely an issue on your side. Try using the 64 bit client. I never had these low frames even on 32 bit client. 

Still having it with 64 of course, but I've used some tweaks like having everything closed except for the client, change the CPU to not use the CPU 0 as primary core are some that I can think about. Going to wait until the multicore option will come to the 64 client before considering changing specs.

Photo for reference:

spacer.png

Edited by Ladonien
  • 4 weeks later...

I dislike the range changes, it makes the affected heroes quite jarring and goes against years of experience with said heroes, e.g. when trying to autoattack creeps during laning. In my case it felt quite weird to play Defiler / Pyromancer.

Aside from that the current patch is OK. There are no majorly overpowered heroes, lots of underpowered ones (and items, literally nobody is getting Sacrificial Stone / Faux Bow right now), but that's not a critical problem.

Edited by Sorais