Jump to content

[LOCAL TEMP FIX] "Login disabled for virtual machines" fix for certain Windows Virtualization features


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, HyperXewl said:

 

 its becoming overshadowed by HoN64 in terms of even stability at this point, the one thing it had over it originally, now's the time to move man.

Are there any plans to release a HoN x64 for Linux? Since VM's aren't allowed it is hard for Linux users to run HoN without dualbooting or VMs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On my side, I applied the patch, but then I run into the "files do not match with the versions on the server" problem.

I launched the repair tool from the Win terminal.

Now I still can log in , even though I did not reaplyed the patch as it was suggested.

Thanks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ladonien said:

Couldn't find the installer as it only shows for Windows and Mac.

It's hidden here:

Or you can probably use this one as well:

However right now I have library-issues and can't run either on my current Linux box anymore 😞  (it works on different PCs though)

Just out of curiosity: I assume wine is considered a VM now and blocked?

Edited by Manu311
Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who has worked in software my whole career, I totally understand how a bug like this could slip through the cracks. There are edge cases in machine configuration that make it especially hard to reliably predict what legitimate configurations they might have.

That being said, I've never witnessed a company that would allow the product to be this absolutely broken for so long (5 weeks you say until the next patch?). Is it really so hard to just push a hotfix out that disables this feature until more testing and bug fixing can be done? I get that the team is very small these days and not a whole lot of development effort is able to be put in, but this feels like a critical issue that is maybe worth an exception.

Is there a path forward with the 32 -> 64 client that guarantees that local settings are preserved precisely? Every time i've ever reinstalled this game, I lost all my key bindings regardless of what effort that I put in to back them up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tps_reports said:

As someone who has worked in software my whole career, I totally understand how a bug like this could slip through the cracks. There are edge cases in machine configuration that make it especially hard to reliably predict what legitimate configurations they might have.

That being said, I've never witnessed a company that would allow the product to be this absolutely broken for so long (5 weeks you say until the next patch?). Is it really so hard to just push a hotfix out that disables this feature until more testing and bug fixing can be done? I get that the team is very small these days and not a whole lot of development effort is able to be put in, but this feels like a critical issue that is maybe worth an exception.

Is there a path forward with the 32 -> 64 client that guarantees that local settings are preserved precisely? Every time i've ever reinstalled this game, I lost all my key bindings regardless of what effort that I put in to back them up.

I understand how this looks from the outside, but this is completely out of our control, posting exe hotfixes is the last thing we ever wanted to do.

Not only do you underestimate how small our team really is, but how little control we have despite that, we're only the NAEU team, we don't have all the fancy buttons that are able to send patches out, hence the hot fix downloadable.

Comments like this are as understandable as they are taxing on us

Edited by HyperXewl
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tps_reports said:

As someone who has worked in software my whole career, [...] I've never witnessed a company that would allow the product to be this absolutely broken for so long (5 weeks you say until the next patch?).

Putting myself in a pretty bad light I guess (but I'm not the one making that decision 😉), the company where I'm working rn has basically the entirety of what is publicly visible disabled since december - and we're more developers than FB rn 😉.

It's always a question of decisions somewhere.
Someone for some reason decided that it's fine to not have a fast release-pipeline which can fire releases within minutes (for HoN), so we face the consequences.
It's never white or black, it's always grey. I'm pretty sure no one at FB is happy with releasing the exe like that (as Hyperxewl mentioned already), there is just not sane alternative to it or they would have taken it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem's like the issue is you're verifying the default switch is not virtualized instead of the network that hon is actually using. I think you'll find that most hyper-v enabled windows machines have the vEthernet configured as default switch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having randomly been trying to play HoN for a couple of weeks but just getting stuck at this message, I finally got bored today and googled the error. Found this thread and replaced with the zipped files. Worked like a charm. Now I can keep having my docker running and play HoN again

Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings, 
I am IT professional that plays the game casually with friends. Since the last patch I cannot access the game because I am using UnRaidVM. I tried to use your hotfix, but sadly unRaid is not whitelisted. I play this game since 2011 is there any possibility to fix this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I work in IT too (devops) and installed HoN on my new gaming laptop, I naturally installed wsl 2 to work on linux subsystem and plan to also install docker (waiting for my ram upgrade). I tryed to patch my game with the provided files but it didn't change anything, I am still getting the virtualization issue.

Hope it will get fixed soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, XxOmuraxX said:

Hello, I work in IT too (devops) and installed HoN on my new gaming laptop, I naturally installed wsl 2 to work on linux subsystem and plan to also install docker (waiting for my ram upgrade). I tryed to patch my game with the provided files but it didn't change anything, I am still getting the virtualization issue.

Hope it will get fixed soon!

Are you using HoN64 or the regular hon client? this fix is only for hon64.

if you're not, I recommend you migrate to the superior client!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen some of the deleted posts here, and I can understand how angry this has made people regarding hyper-v detection, I know how this looks and we're very sorry, please understand that this was only ever intended to block cheaters, we weren't trying to make your life hell.

I absolutely agree, terrible decision, not only did we not realize how many developers play hon, but also how many other settings whether it be bios or otherwise is flagged by this.

This won't happen again and this will be removed next patch, we've heard you loud and clear. 

Edited by ElementUser
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HyperXewl said:

Are you using HoN64 or the regular hon client? this fix is only for hon64.

if you're not, I recommend you migrate to the superior client!

Hello, I think you are right, I used the first link I found on HoN website to download the game and the installed files are located in the x86 program files folder. I'll try again with the download link on 64 bit client forum page. 

I was seeing a HoN64 file in the folder so I though it was the 64 bit version. 

Thanks! 

Edited by XxOmuraxX
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ElementUser pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

So should I bother trying to install again? Game gives me this error and when I replace the files Windows prevents me from running an unknown app. When I skip that I get a bunch of dll errors. 

I use this computer for school (computer networking) so I honestly couldn't tell you how many types of virtualization is on this thing. 

Edited by IntenseTents
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...