Quality Of Life Suggestions

First of all, I'm going to start this off with Frostwolf Skull, why not make the recipe for it cost 900, like for Geometers Bane and Grimoire Of Power? Isn't that the whole point of the "Brands" to be the same for every attribute. And honestly making it 100 gold more expensive won't make any difference to it.

Second of all, multiple units selections. For example when I play Ophelia even though I put all my neutrals on a key bind, I would like when they are all selected to be able to place them in order of my own choosing instead of random. I have a suggestions for this on how it can be implemented. Hold the mini-icon of the unit with a right click and be able to move it around the "unit box" and place it wherever you want (only the hero unit is locked on position one). Or if possible (I always have them hero on 1 and the rest on 2,3,4,etc.) for the game to read those key binds and select the units in that order.

19 hours ago, TemplarZ said:

First of all, I'm going to start this off with Frostwolf Skull, why not make the recipe for it cost 900, like for Geometers Bane and Grimoire Of Power? Isn't that the whole point of the "Brands" to be the same for every attribute. And honestly making it 100 gold more expensive won't make any difference to it.

This isn't much of a quality of life suggestion but rather a redundant suggestion to overprice an item that does not need to be overpriced.

100 gold is a lot of gold, it is the different between merely seconds and minutes depending on the games current circumstances. 

• 4 months later...
On 6/16/2021 at 2:40 AM, TemplarZ said:

Second of all, multiple units selections. For example when I play Ophelia even though I put all my neutrals on a key bind, I would like when they are all selected to be able to place them in order of my own choosing instead of random. I have a suggestions for this on how it can be implemented. Hold the mini-icon of the unit with a right click and be able to move it around the "unit box" and place it wherever you want (only the hero unit is locked on position one). Or if possible (I always have them hero on 1 and the rest on 2,3,4,etc.) for the game to read those key binds and select the units in that order.

I have a nice Workaround for you.

When you have all your units on a keybind, e.g. hero on Ctrl+1 and all others on Ctrl+2, you can cycle through them with Tab. 

To achieve your goal, cycle to your preferred unit by Tab and press Ctrl+2 again. Now it's saved.

When you select your units again now with 2, your preferred unit will be selected per default. 

Hope this helps.   

• Like 1

Seeing that OP mentioned Grimoire of Power, let me also express my opinions about Lightbrand as basic component of it:

• Lightbrand has too many modifiers than its other variants, Magic Lifesteal and Searing effect.
  • Magic lifesteal is effective for heavy magic dealer but is mediocre to others, hence Searing effect is added to help Lightbrand getting viable.
  • Searing effect used to be effective only to auto-attacker but less desirable to non auto-attacker over any items, hence new Searing effect is in effect recently.
  • Grimoire is overloaded with many benefits for a single item; cooldown reduction, searing effect, magic lifesteal, and spell amplifier on its active.
  • These points I mentioned inspires me proposing these ideas:

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, TemplarZ said:

Not necessarily. The problem with balancing that way is that you're getting more consistency for consistency's sake for item analogs vs. actually balancing them. Sometimes, consistency rules have to be broken or bent a bit, and this is what I'm doing next patch actually.

Someone else answered you on your second point already, using Ctrl+# keybinds are the way to go.