Why is MVP system so rigged?

I mean this MVP system is in the game for few years already, why it's so bugged and no fixes are addressed?

1. Plenty of time player with most votes didn't receive MVP award

2. Plenty of time when two players were tied noone got  MVP award (it could be fixed that the player that got votes faster should receive the award or by random)

3. Voting should be hidden, because players tend to vote by dividing votes to different players so noone gets award.

4. I dislike so hard that window with MVP system that pops out after conceding the game or after destroying the base because countless times during teamfights I clicked random player because I was fighting and clicking the screen and when window pops out I clicked instatnly a player. So this window should be AFTER the game, doesn't matter if you disconnected before the game ended or you waited til the game ends, after going back to lobby that window should pop out and then you should be able to vote.

5. MVP shouldnt be limited to just 2-4 playuers, all players should be on the list and then you vote.

what do you think guys?

• Like 2

1) Never heard of it

1 minute ago, ensid said:

I mean this MVP system is in the game for few years already, why it's so bugged and no fixes are addressed?

1. Plenty of time player with most votes didn't receive MVP award

Never heard of this happening

2. Plenty of time when two players were tied noone got  MVP award (it could be fixed that the player that got votes faster should receive the award or by random)

Haven't seen this being reported either

3. Voting should be hidden, because players tend to vote by dividing votes to different players so noone gets award.

This has been done in the past, players hated it & it actually disincentivized any voting at all. We reverted it because of this type of feedback.

4. I dislike so hard that window with MVP system that pops out after conceding the game or after destroying the base because countless times during teamfights I clicked random player because I was fighting and clicking the screen and when window pops out I clicked instatnly a player. So this window should be AFTER the game, doesn't matter if you disconnected before the game ended or you waited til the game ends, after going back to lobby that window should pop out and then you should be able to vote.

That's a fair point...however, the way stat submission works now & with our resource levels, we can't do this.

5. MVP shouldnt be limited to just 2-4 playuers, all players should be on the list and then you vote.

In theory this would be true. In practice, it is just an overwhelming number of choices & it would disincentivize players from voting (not to mention that it would clutter the UI.

what do you think guys?

My responses are in green.

Ultimately, MVP is just for showing off, and the reward doesn't actually do anything for your account no matter how many times you have been voted MVP for. This is also true in other games that have an MVP mechanic.

It's not particularly important to address this given the current circumstances.

• Like 1

since we're at this topic...

Most wards placed OR Most wards denied would be such a blessing for supporters...

Swap that out with most smackdowns so the remaining options are the same ^-^

Number 1 and 2 happens really often to be honest, Im surprised you never heard of it. 
I rather have 9 players to vote for (of course it's better if player could not choose himself) without any reason like most kills, least deaths etc. I could vote for player that in my opinion was most valuable, even if he didn't achieve any of mentioned. Sometimes it happens that a very good support that literally won the game is not showing on MVP screen and I can't vote for him, because he didnt achieve anything.

12 hours ago, Mr`Cactus said:

1 and 2 only happen when there is nobody with 3 votes or more

That's intended. No one ever gets MVP without at least 3 votes.

11 hours ago, DragoniseR said:

Most wards placed OR Most wards denied would be such a blessing for supporters...

I'd personally like that too (primarily to show of that mid hero who wrote in all chat that we had no wards all game when I have 15 wards placed 😛). However I'm afraid that people might just buy wards and place them in bad places (like the well) because they at least want that award for sure. You can't get any other award by griefing (maybe least death by afk-avoiding). And I rather not have this awards than have people take away the wards from the game, for this stupid reason.

8 hours ago, ensid said:

Number 1 and 2 happens really often to be honest, Im surprised you never heard of it. 

In 95% of games I stay to see who gets MVP, and I have not seen either of these ever.

12 hours ago, ensid said:

Agreed - a lot of times once MVP-window shows up, at least one vote has already been given (sometimes by me). It's really easy to missclick on that. A short delay of 0.5-1 seconds before you can click could fix this easily.

12 hours ago, ensid said:

I dislike how players are chose as well. A lot of important things don't qualify for you for MVP while they are things that win games (like saving people, doing a 5 people tempest ultimate, etc). I think a fine option could be to just increase the number to 5 and just put the entire winning team there. That still prevent people from getting MVPs that might be the reason the game took 50 minutes instead of 15 (and I get MVP probably around 30% in games that I've actually lost the game in the end) - however it would be way more fair to initiators and people that just tend to do things that lead to winning the game instead of getting good stats.

10 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

That's intended. No one ever gets MVP without at least 3 votes.

Yes I know and I'm pretty sure that's the reason why the OP sees no MVP in some of his games, i.e. nobody got at least 3 votes ^^

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Manu311 said:

I'd personally like that too (primarily to show of that mid hero who wrote in all chat that we had no wards all game when I have 15 wards placed 😛). However I'm afraid that people might just buy wards and place them in bad places (like the well) because they at least want that award for sure. You can't get any other award by griefing (maybe least death by afk-avoiding). And I rather not have this awards than have people take away the wards from the game, for this stupid reason.

if people spamm wards THAT obvious to get that "award" wouldnt a simple report resolve that?
Plus any other player listed for the other mvp awards cant get listed to be voted on 2 subjects anyways, it would just be fair to give supports a good mvp

and what about the "most wards countered"... hard to grief that one, right?

Hope they can figure something for supporters, it's way overdue and we all know it by heart 🙂

27 minutes ago, DragoniseR said:

if people spamm wards THAT obvious to get that "award" wouldnt a simple report resolve that?
Plus any other player listed for the other mvp awards cant get listed to be voted on 2 subjects anyways, it would just be fair to give supports a good mvp

and what about the "most wards countered"... hard to grief that one, right?

Hope they can figure something for supporters, it's way overdue and we all know it by heart 🙂

Counter-warding might be better - however if you just buy eye every time you got the money, you get a lot of ward kills as well.

Of course you could make that reportable, and it already is reportable to place all your wards in your base before the game is over.
However having any incentive to grief for something that has zero value, is probably bad. One could argue I guess that certain other awards fulfill that too - like most kills, best spree or least deaths. However all those require you to actually win the game. Just stealing every kill will give you more kills than your team mates, but if you loose chances are your opponent still has more kills than you.

On 6/15/2021 at 5:35 PM, ElementUser said:

1) Never heard of it

My responses are in green.

Ultimately, MVP is just for showing off, and the reward doesn't actually do anything for your account no matter how many times you have been voted MVP for. This is also true in other games that have an MVP mechanic.

It's not particularly important to address this given the current circumstances.

To fix people not voting (for literally no reason) Can you grant players +8 Bonus silver coins for voting on an MVP?

MVP vote will always be rigged cuz people is emotional and they rather vote for their friends or for the guy that went to help them from an unavoidable death and feed the enemy team aswell than the guy that was smart enough to understand that it was better to just leave him to die. A lot of people seem to care about the vote but if you really think about it its a completely meaningless feature. Ofc every now and then it works as intended and both teams agree on who the MVP was.

16 hours ago, DragoniseR said:

It would be more work for the already few volunteers that check reports, and its very easy to spam wards even if you want to lose, all you have to do is place them in places you know your team does not need vision from at the moment, so you can grief and get away with it very easily. Also, leave the smackdowns alone, thank you very much, many times people will rage and start making bad decisions, classic insta buyback, blaming teammates, etc, so they can most certainly influence the end result of the match.

Edited by GiveUpBra
On 6/18/2021 at 4:16 AM, Addstar112 said:

I think it would be cool if in your match history tab it showed which games you were mvp.

Yes would be great if everyones history showed the games I was MVP

You didn't even mention the funniest part. That you can win the game and none of your team shows up as MVP candidates.

That's like the only thing I think is worth maybe fixing if I actually cared about MVP.

I get so annoyed with MW allies that I don't figure I'm likely to get MVP (sometimes I get them grudgingly lol). So I'm satisfied with loads of most kills least deaths.

edit: that being said. Yeah MVP strikes me as completely wonky. I often play initiators or tank/initiator or zone control/nuker types that have the ability to control the flow of the game. MVP system sees me as the dive hero that miraculously lived 90% of the time while setting up the team for easy kills and doesn't have a clue that's valuable or the difference between a low mobility hero that still survives vs a hag that survives due to easy mobility etc.

Edited by BadEnufDude

Supports are almost always underrated. Why there are no awards for the amount of HP healed - for collecting the SMALLEST amount of gold with creeps. For this you can have last death and most assist - you mathematically influenced the game a lot, but nobody appreciates it 😞

I always vote, of course most often for myself, but if I'm not there, I honestly vote for the best one.