Maintain Whispering Helm's Creep Dominate Ability in Symbol of Rage.

Hello Dear Frostburn Staff,

I propose that you retain the active ability(as a sub-ability besides active lifesteal) of Whispering Helm after upgrading the item to Symbol of Rage due to the following reasons:

1. It is reasonable that an upgraded version of an item should not remove, but rather improve its stats(including active abilities). Some examples are Thunderclaw>Hypercrown, Helm of the Black legion>Ultor's Heavy Helm, Dawnbringer's item series, Shaman's Headdress>Barrier Idol, and many other items. In fact, it is the only item in the game that experiences removal of an ability upon upgrade.

2. This also allows the item's active ability, as well as the dominated creep's active/passive abilities, to remain effective even at late-game stages, adding more variety to late-game team-fights and overall game-play scenarios since Symbol of Rage will now allow you to control ancient creeps{you can control an ancient creep once during the game, so it does not demolish Parasite and Ophelia's ability}.

I look forward to your consideration of my proposal and thank you for giving me the opportunity to suggest.

Best Regards

Posted (edited)

How would you actually implement this? You can't right click on items to use another one of their modes. 

It's impossible right now to actually fulfill your request. 

Either way, this won't be done because of technical reasons. 

Edited by ElementUser
3 hours ago, ElementUser said:

How would you actually implement this? You can't right click on items to use another one of their modes. 

It's impossible right now to actually fulfill your request. 

Either way, this won't be done because of technical reasons. 

Just make it so every activation of Symbol also lets you select a creep to take over. So if creep takeover is not on cooldown and you just want to use lifesteal, you'll have to cancel the cross sight cursor. Janky but it works. Then you have to add 2 separate cooldown visuals, I suggest you make them in different colors to be easily told apart.

Well, good luck. I'm happy I was able to solve this programming dilemma for you. (Not a coder, btw, if that matters.) I'm looking forward to this new and improved Symbol of Rage with retained functionality.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, twoscoopsREE said:

Just make it so every activation of Symbol also lets you select a creep to take over. So if creep takeover is not on cooldown and you just want to use lifesteal, you'll have to cancel the cross sight cursor. Janky but it works. Then you have to add 2 separate cooldown visuals, I suggest you make them in different colors to be easily told apart.

Well, good luck. I'm happy I was able to solve this programming dilemma for you. (Not a coder, btw, if that matters.) I'm looking forward to this new and improved Symbol of Rage with retained functionality.

When I said "impossible", I didn't mean it literally. I mean impossible to do without adding in either super janky/hacky design compromises, or adding in some other brand new feature that would take up resources (and even then, it would have design compromises that would make user experience bad).

If you were serious about your suggestion - I'm sorry to say it's bad, design-wise & UX-wise.

Closing - it won't actually be done.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Sad 1