Grimoire of power 30% !!

1 hour ago, Mohamed said:

@Whyzozerious 30% magic damage is a very huge buff whatever the game rank is.

and please forgive those 1500 noobs coz they didn't spend all gold in null+shrunken.

bruh TB was lvl 19 against a Helbourne team with levels 8-12 - and a quick honstats search reveals he was smurfing. https://www.honstats.com/match/161658549.

You're trying to argue that this cherry-picked match result is primarily due to how Grimoire is overbuffed, rather than as a result of 1) the TB player smurfing in 1500 bracket, 2) TB snowballing due to buffs to his laning and ganking presence, 3) a 7-11 level differential between one hero and the entire enemy team. Like, don't you see how literally any other hero being 7-11 levels higher than the enemy team would steamroll them with similar ease? What about all the other Annihilations in the video you showed by Parallax, Gladiator, MK etc. that were only 2-4 levels higher than the enemy team and were less farmed than TB - would they be even more broken because they were able to get Annihilations with less farm and xp relative to the enemy team?

If you are a new player why on earth are you speaking about balance when you dont have a clue how the game works? This is exaclty how games get ruined when devs listen to people like you wich complain about something they dont understand deeply and just think its strong cuz they got beated by it without even trying to adapt. Right now Grimmoire its extremely expensive for what it offers.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, GiveUpBra said:

If you are a new player why on earth are you speaking about balance when you dont have a clue how the game works? This is exaclty how games get ruined when devs listen to people like you wich complain about something they dont understand deeply and just think its strong cuz they got beated by it without even trying to adapt. Right now Grimmoire its extremely expensive for what it offers.

Well... We don't listen to everything but we do see people's concerns 😛

Either way, this complaint lost its purpose the second he linked me a video of a 1500 game where a smurf killed an entire team while being ahead by a substantial amount (I could do this). That evidence alone isn't enough for us to nerf the item just because its niche on a hero like Thunderbringer. 

• Haha 1

Lv 19 with spellshard - Refresh orb - Grimoire against Lv 9-10-10-10-12 at 23: 00 ???

LOL, i can bet this is casual. Even i checked his name. It show that he is new account or just used reset stat recently. In other word, this is smurf game, a smurf against full of newbie and noob. Doesn't prove anything :))

Edited by w3_StarBoy

HoN SEA Player

Now you just talk about analysis the video not about the main topic I don't really understand how u don't see that 30% damage not only for the ultimate but for all heroe spells Q,W,E and the ultimate is a fine increase ?!! GoP already get +10 str , 10 agi , 26 int and 20% reduce cooldowns and 20% magic lifesteal why 30% ? 10% is a fine number but 30% is too much for all int heroes spells.

On 6/13/2021 at 10:13 AM, Mohamed said:

Now you just talk about analysis the video not about the main topic I don't really understand how u don't see that 30% damage not only for the ultimate but for all heroe spells Q,W,E and the ultimate is a fine increase ?!! GoP already get +10 str , 10 agi , 26 int and 20% reduce cooldowns and 20% magic lifesteal why 30% ? 10% is a fine number but 30% is too much for all int heroes spells.

Maybe if you weren't so narrow minded, you would see everyone else's point. Again, you linked me a video of a game where a Smurf got an annihilation in a "1500 game", which pretty much loses its merit since I could do anything in that bracket and make it look OP.

So a 5200g item that boost all magic spells by 30% with a high cooldown seems strong to you? If that's the case, then Sol's bulwark/lex talionis is OP on physical damage hero for way cheaper.

Obviously, anything that boost your spells is strong but it's not OP. Cool you boosted your offensive ability, now how do you shut down players with shrunken head with grimoire? How do you shut down heroes with shaman's headdress/barrier idol with grimoire? How do you stop a jereziah charm or predator stone hide with grimoire? It's not as OP as you think.

• Like 1

I agree with the person who started the forum but I think he started his arguments a little badly and then got a little angry xd.

I agree that grimoire is an element that is added to thunder and makes it too strong especially in a late game and because I believe this, it is because the cooldown times of thunderbringer abilities are too short and it has always been there is no problem with that, but it generates too much damage together with grimoire and if you add spellshards and spellshunder to it, I think it is too much magic damage that is practically uncontrollable.

In the discussion I saw that a new item was added that reacts as to an impact and it is fine for a thunder the problem with this, is when you have it too close, the ult of thunder has a long cooldown but its other abilities do not, then That will make the item not counteract the damage when it is close to it, for the other two abilities that are around 1.5 and 6 seconds, which is a short time for an ability, the item only counteracts damage done and has a cooldown of 24 seconds or something like that I am not being exact, that means that the item will counter a single combo of the thunder and then it will do all the damage without problems.

The question with null, I think it is a very bad item for a thunder, the cooldown of thunder is 1.5 sec in its first, he will remove the null if you are close to it. I think the best way to do it is with a Sh with a good ganking but even so I consider that it is not enough item compared to all the magic damage it has accumulated with those three items that I mentioned that in general I see that they combine it a lot.

I would like the new item to lower the damage time done by both spell sunder and grimoire a little, it is only an opinion, to be added passively, because I think that is the problem, the grimoire is passive and yes You add to a hero that item that has a very low cooldown, there is the problem, it will begin to do magic damage without control.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DragnSlyer said:

I agree with the person who started the forum but I think he started his arguments a little badly and then got a little angry xd.

I agree that grimoire is an element that is added to thunder and makes it too strong especially in a late game and because I believe this, it is because the cooldown times of thunderbringer abilities are too short and it has always been there is no problem with that, but it generates too much damage together with grimoire and if you add spellshards and spellshunder to it, I think it is too much magic damage that is practically uncontrollable.

In the discussion I saw that a new item was added that reacts as to an impact and it is fine for a thunder the problem with this, is when you have it too close, the ult of thunder has a long cooldown but its other abilities do not, then That will make the item not counteract the damage when it is close to it, for the other two abilities that are around 1.5 and 6 seconds, which is a short time for an ability, the item only counteracts damage done and has a cooldown of 24 seconds or something like that I am not being exact, that means that the item will counter a single combo of the thunder and then it will do all the damage without problems.

The question with null, I think it is a very bad item for a thunder, the cooldown of thunder is 1.5 sec in its first, he will remove the null if you are close to it. I think the best way to do it is with a Sh with a good ganking but even so I consider that it is not enough item compared to all the magic damage it has accumulated with those three items that I mentioned that in general I see that they combine it a lot.

I would like the new item to lower the damage time done by both spell sunder and grimoire a little, it is only an opinion, to be added passively, because I think that is the problem, the grimoire is passive and yes You add to a hero that item that has a very low cooldown, there is the problem, it will begin to do magic damage without control.

Nullstone's purpose is to cancel TB's ulti if you're farming from the other side of the map. Null isn't a direct counter to TB but it does stop him from killing you globally but that isn't the key point. Once you get a shrunken head, then it pretty much screws TB over so I don't even know why this thread is still being discussed. TB can go all these items but the fact remains that it will not stop shrunken head. And if you let a TB get that much farm, then you deserve to lose.

The problem is if you try to gank the tb with the aforementioned items, you could not even get close and it seems to me that both spellshards and spellshunder are items that combined that generate a lot of damage and are not late game items, after this Combining it with a grimoire seems dangerous to me and that's why I say not all the time you are going to be away from tb, why if not then how are you going to kill it?

Well and I also speak from my role, if I am a supporter, would it benefit me to buy a sh? The new item seems very good to me because it adds both mana points and life points but it seems to me that it has a lot of cooldown, it is 80 seconds that we have to wait.

It seems to me that grimoire is an item that had a very good evolution because before it was not used much, but I think that in a hero like tb it is almost uncontrollable when you do not have a role that can be controlled as a supp or tank.

But well at the same time we are here to give opinions, I just want to put my point of view.