After playing a lot of lodestone games I feel like he's really fallen off and been forgotten. I feel like the one main thing wrong with him right now is that he's too much of a suicide bomber and his abilities aren't one-sided as they should be. Most of the time he initiates a team fight he charges his ultimate up and goes in and then uses up his abilities then dies right after because shatterstorm makes him like paper.

I think making shatterstorm taper off or reducing the time shatterstorm stays on him would greatly help him be able to keep fighting on instead of 5 seconds of complete vulnerability.

Posted (edited)

I think it would be nice if E would also grant him +1/2/3/4 to phys/magic armor, make SotM effect have instant non-interrupting cast animation on ultimate (the small animation to cast it makes it really difficult to hit enemy targets, would be nice to have the option to activate it mid-flight), and change the damage reduction value on SotM effect from 50% to 70%.

Edited by Lunarios

I think Lodestone's buff could be started by giving a quicker result of 100% damage reduction before detonation on his ultimate without changing the detonation timer so he could use the ultimate as defensive measure to delay his death.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

I feel like the damage reduction build-up is pretty pointless. Most of the time people who play lodestone charge it up from afar and then rocket drill into a crowd of heroes so the ultimate actually hits people. They do this from afar since if people see lodestone charging up his ultimate, then they got 5 seconds of juking time and he only has a 1.5 second stun. Hence the main reason lodestone players buy PK.  

Alternatively, I think it would be nice to complement his ultimate with an AOE aura slow so he doesn't have to run around like a headless chicken. Another idea could be he would also gain stun/debuff reduction and slow resistance.

Mainly though, I still believe shatterstorm needs to be changed so it doesn't make lodestone so weak afterwards since he has 0 protection and makes investing in armor items pretty pointless since it all goes away after his ultimate. I would also like to see tweaking of the numbers of his ultimate damage later on in the game (level 11/16) as they're quite low (325/400).

That's the idea, it won't be hurt to buff the aspect I proposed because it deems to be useless.

Some players clearly only focus on the burst aspect than defensive aspect of Lodestone's ultimate so buffing the defensive aspect of the ability promotes another part of intended design to be utilized.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com