Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Guys, may be remove nitro from game since its totally useless and replace it for a new hero? what do u think about it ? 😄

11 minutes ago, BeatFactor`` said:

Guys, may be remove nitro from game since its totally useless and replace it for a new hero? what do u think about it ? 😄

No need think. Because no more new hero, maybe nitro will get a bit buff next patch

2 hours ago, BeatFactor`` said:

Nooo, don't take my totally legal smurfing hero away from me. 😱

6 minutes ago, BeatFactor`` said:

well 😄 its 20% winrate on this hero or about 😄 

Exactly. Pick -> play the best you can -> probably cc15 or lose later -> lower MMR.

i only know that almost nobody picking him and if some1 picks him its 80% that your team lose. obviusly need to remove him and bring new hero or atleast completely rework it

5 hours ago, Sliferjam said:

If only you knew...

Im curious if the winrate of 4v5 is higher than nitros winrate

Can someone give me the winrate for a 4v5 game?

🤔

Yeah when it gets randomed it's kinda a problem indeed, and for some reason i see her being randomed more often than other heroes 😄 but this is probably a wrong bias of mine

Nitro isnt useless. I just had a great game with him. All you need is a good supporter and a good picking phase. If the Enemy team got tons of stunner just dont pick him.

Shieldbreaker and Staff => ggwp.

Okay, had to see for myself after not playing in a year or two (did wonder why I never saw nitro).

He has 20 damage less from all other heroes, he now has less attack range than flint (and jade spire doesn't affect him), mana cost scales with levels just to auto attack? 

IMO, remove him, if a hero has 20% win rate, that means he's worse than playing 4v5, that's bad

Posted (edited)

Don't get me wrong. The hero can perform very good. If you manage to survive early and get some farm for that Shieldbreaker, it is hitting hard.

However you need to be good friends with Mauser for getting enough last hits/slowing/harassing. And you can't cheat the numbers. In 25%s of an average game as an average player it will just lead to a loss, no matter how good you play.

I like the different approach developers took designing that hero. Its the only hero besides of Ra maybe who feels completely different. But refusing to at least make him perform evenly just because parts of the community hate this hero that much is not a proper way to deal with the matter either.

Let her perform evenly, haters gonna hate anyway.

2 hours ago, P4dd1 said:

Nitro isnt useless. I just had a great game with him. All you need is a good supporter and a good picking phase. If the Enemy team got tons of stunner just dont pick him.

Shieldbreaker and Staff => ggwp.

Never got that far with her to even think of a Staff! xD

2 hours ago, idan223 said:

Okay, had to see for myself after not playing in a year or two (did wonder why I never saw nitro).

He has 20 damage less from all other heroes, he now has less attack range than flint (and jade spire doesn't affect him), mana cost scales with levels just to auto attack? 

IMO, remove him, if a hero has 20% win rate, that means he's worse than playing 4v5, that's bad

Don't remove Nitro! She's in the game already so why waste all the work done on her?

5 hours ago, BeatFactor`` said:

its like when somebody picking nitro 4 of 5  just RAAAGEEQUIIIT 😄

Luckily not in Soviet Russia.

Edited by Falk1
Added new quote.

On 5/7/2020 at 12:07 PM, zaharus said:

...wait for it..... 🤣

4 minutes ago, EngineerT said:

Shhh, don't spoil.

I smell conspiracy... Or something else! 🙃

elementuser had teased that the hero WILL eventually see a complete rework that will move it away from the tedious abomination that it currently is (my words) and be turned into a rightclick hero (his words).

it just remains to be seen when.

also i am kind of amazed and happy to see EngineerT back and active again after quite a long time, wb ❤️

Just a short anecdote from my game yesterday. I played with a friend of mine who's new at the game (less than 40 games played) and we faced a new account who just played his second game but had +40 MMR in that one so a smurf. Apart from that the teams seemed fair, new and experienced players on both sides though it was a +5.5 MMR game for us. However, one of their newer players randomed Nitro so I was 100% sure not to CC that game lol and we won in the end. Devourer disconnected btw.

Their Legionnaire was also a smurf, maybe not a very good one but still. You can check out the game on this account at honbot.com, I was premade with Aluna.