Which heroes benefit from Adeves cloak?

Tried the item a few times but still don't really know when/on what heroes this cloak shines. Was thinking heroes like Blacksmith, Devo or Monkey King to make use of the stun/debuff decrease, but the reduced damage output is so massive i just end up surviving but not really doing damage. Which heroes (or situations) benefits the most from this cloak? Thoughts?

Considering ElementUser was focusing on Ichor and healers this patch, the item is for supports like Martyr that don't rely on dealing damage and instead survivability.

I guess burst heroes like chipper could also benefit though, just use your shit, survive, and then get back into the action, as you wait for charges retreating.

1 minute ago, twoscoopsREE said:

Considering ElementUser was focusing on Ichor and healers this patch, the item is for supports like Martyr that don't rely on dealing damage and instead survivability.

I guess burst heroes like chipper could also benefit though, just use your shit, survive, and then get back into the action, as you wait for charges retreating.

agree, also I think new Ichor also benefits Adeve's Cloak.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Posted (edited)

It's 100% a situational pickup and can theoretically work for any hero, but the downsides are the gold spent & the item slot consumed for pure defensive purposes.

It is aimed towards heroes with important teamfight spells (e.g. Behemoth, Riftwalker, Engineer, etc.) that find themselves initiated on often throughout the game. Or...maybe, you're a key target for the opposing team because of your player name & renowned skill level on a particular hero & they make it a point to gank you the whole game and you just need to live long enough for backup to arrive/get away.

It is discouraged on carries because of the DPS loss mechanic kicking in when you do not want that to happen. However, picking it up on certain carries (e.g. Chronos) can be worthwhile if you do find yourself being initiated on/ganked throughout the game and need the mechanic to survive. Even better if you have a gamechanging ability like Chronofield that you just need to pull off in a teamfight to turn it around if you get jumped on.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 2

In lower ranked games it's very often a must have item on supports for me.
For some reason a lot of enemies always try to focus me instead of nuking the carries. This way I can tank way more than I used to be - making other items that I tend to buy just so I can survive a little longer, less of a must pick.
E.g. against a lot of nukers I usually went for Barrier idol pretty fast. Of course it's still an option for its active effect (which was the primary excuse for buying it as a support) but it's not needed anymore and the pickup (for me) depends way more on if my team actually requires the active or not.

I feel like the cost is still just right to make it just an option. But imho conceptionally it's a great option for supports. I haven't played nearly enough games to verify if it's too strong or weak, but I'd pretty much never buy it on anything but some initiators and all supports. But always only depending on the game.

Posted (edited)

Interesting interaction between Adeve's Cloak + Barbed Armor, as you don't get damaged much but still return the damage to the enemies regardless of your damage absorption rating. The 60% reduced damage output effectiveness doesn't affect barbed armor.

Interesting interaction between Adeve's Cloak and Lodestone - Very effective together, allows lodestone to be extremely tanky even after detonating himself. In conjunction with Barbed Armor, he can deal the full worth of Barbed Armor's effect to nearby enemies (Due to Lodestone's 100% Magic/Physical pierce, causing them to take the full 80% damage return from Barbed Armor) whilst taking minimal damage. (The nature between Lodestone's 40% Damage reduction from a large hit and Adeve's 40% is multiplicative, causing a 56% total damage reduction from 1 large hit followed by the Adeve's 40%)

Any hero that is able to use the fact that Barbed Armor doesn't get reduced from Adeve's effect to receive maximum benefit, a hero that knows he will probably be focused and be in the frontlines. - Cthuluphant, Ichor, Pharaoh

Edited by Lunarios