Slither E new active: Drop a Toxin ward

id rather have that on doubleclick that it is spawned in a RANDOM direction 150 units away from slither. rather than a particular position/direction.
we've had by far too many mechanics and abilities "dumbed down" so to speak.
gladiator and forsakens skill ceiling had over the past years ben gradually but drastically tuned down:
first glads ult being range bound was changed too max range positioned.
then glads showdown was changed from 1/2/3/4 to permanently 4 seconds (tho it's range was adjusted).
and ultimately he was allowed to cast pitfall without having to turn toward the direction it was cast in.
in fa's case her ult was adapted to deal damage along one line rather than 1/2/3 lines for improved "gameplay". then minions were changed to automatically spawn randomly, partially because people were unable to properly micro the ability, partially because it was considered not balanced enough (dont remember which direction!).
ultimately she received a buff too that allowed her to cast crippling volley without interrupting her pace.

also there is rallies compell, gauntles hook, kanes waylay and quite an amount of other mechanics/abilities that had their skill ceiling drastically lowered.

i do see the benefits in all cases but still this trend does annoy me to a certain (not minor) extend.

spacer.png

19 hours ago, merryhonmas said:

id rather have that on doubleclick that it is spawned in a RANDOM direction 150 units away from slither. rather than a particular position/direction.
we've had by far too many mechanics and abilities "dumbed down" so to speak.
gladiator and forsakens skill ceiling had over the past years ben gradually but drastically tuned down:
first glads ult being range bound was changed too max range positioned.
then glads showdown was changed from 1/2/3/4 to permanently 4 seconds (tho it's range was adjusted).
and ultimately he was allowed to cast pitfall without having to turn toward the direction it was cast in.
in fa's case her ult was adapted to deal damage along one line rather than 1/2/3 lines for improved "gameplay". then minions were changed to automatically spawn randomly, partially because people were unable to properly micro the ability, partially because it was considered not balanced enough (dont remember which direction!).
ultimately she received a buff too that allowed her to cast crippling volley without interrupting her pace.

also there is rallies compell, gauntles hook, kanes waylay and quite an amount of other mechanics/abilities that had their skill ceiling drastically lowered.

FA minions wasn't microed? were they not automatically? These new skeleton boys fits the game much better than previous skeletons and they are not "Skilled down" In fact, the old skeleton was a dumbed down af skill. Why you ask? Because it was dumbed down simple as that. The old skeletons were so strong and easy to "micro " (Since automatic) and pushing towers were ridicilous. The skeletons changed from OP Early, to scalable skill late game which is a huge improvement for a carry like FA. Improved, not dumbed down.

The glads showdown is not dumbed down. Infact sometimes 4s is a curse. Sometimes you would only want it 2 seconds f. e vs silences or stuns. It got harder. Needs more skills put in it, and got skilled up. You are mistakenly trying to not find right answers in philosophy. Old glad ulti? Was just a bad design, copied from Dota 1. It needs to be aimed. Its not dumbed down, it's improved. Buffed. 

Do you perhaps remember when there was a secret shop? Got moved to base. Dumbed down? Maybe. Just an overall improvement? IMO yes. I dislike the idea of a "secret" shop where you can't go because enemies are ahead. No way of coming back or getting the late game items. 
Remember when Dota 1 implemented side shops with items So you could finish power treads and buying ring of health?
Dumbed down? I dont think so. It just made the game more interesting and sped up the phase. 

You remember perhaps when bottle had to be used on runes? Then I suggested: Make right click auto pick up the rune? ppl cried saying it was dumbing down the game.
Got implemented. 
Remember when alt+ping was suggested by an awesome player? 
*Shackle ready in 3 sec...* Like we have today?
Ppl saying no, its not use ppl wont use it anyway bla bla. 
Got implemented.

Not every change for the better is dumbing down something. It can just be changedf cuz the old was a bad design. 

Edited by RUS_AGENT007
2 minutes ago, RUS_AGENT007 said:

FA minions wasn't microed? were they not automatically? These new skeleton boys fits the game much better than previous skeletons and they are not "Skilled down" In fact, the old skeleton was a dumbed down af skill. Why you ask? Because it was dumbed down simple as that. The old skeletons were so strong and easy to "micro " (Since automatic) and pushing towers were ridicilous. The skeletons changed from OP Early, to scalable skill late game which is a huge improvement for a carry like FA. Improved, not dumbed down.

The glads showdown is not dumbed down. Infact sometimes 4s is a curse. Sometimes you would only want it 2 seconds f. e vs silences or stuns. It got harder. Needs more skills put in it, and got skilled up. You are mistakenly trying to not find right answers in philosophy. Old glad ulti? Was just a bad design, copied from Dota 1. It needs to be aimed. Its not dumbed down, it's improved. Buffed. 

You remember perhaps when bottle had to be used on runes? Then I suggested: Make right click auto pick up the rune? ppl cried saying it was dumbing down the game.
Got implemented. 
Remember when alt+ping was suggested by an awesome player? 
*Shackle ready in 3 sec...* Like we have today?
Ppl saying no, its not use ppl wont use it anyway bla bla. 
Got implemented.

Not every change for the better is dumbing down something. It can just be changedf cuz the old was a bad design. 

FA minions could not be controlled but if you say the ability wasn't microable you played her wrong or misremember it. Like Zephyr's Cyclones the Skels had a lifetime and you could manually deactivate them so they would not automatically spawn but build up charges (up to 5 or 6 iirc) and then manually release them. That way you could perfectly control your damage output in certain scenarios and avoid wasting it in others. Should that mechanic ever return tho they would be required to receive health as previously they were indestructable.

Glads Showdown factually got more easy to use as early silences usually do not exceed 1-2 seconds and since you have a 4 second window you don't always have to insta Pitfall anymore, nor do you have to place Pitfall and then hope to place Showdown in time anymore as it used to be. So yes, the combo got significantly more easy.

I am glad (wordplay, kappa), you did not even respond to any of the other examples I provided which leads me to believe you have no counter argument.

Alt+Ping is QoL improvement which never FULLY intercepted with skill ceilings, in fact before it became a thing, it used to be a publicly availlable mod for YEARS. So technically it did already exist.

Bottle had to be manually used on runes because of the way it was scripted as it was taken straight from WC3's DotA and lateron got improved. The fact you had to manually pick it up had multiple layers of game mechanics as the bottle as an item had melee range on use (150 units iirc or even 200) whereas picking it up without having to manually use the bottle on it (for example if you had no bottle) required you to stand closer to it as you could not mechanically abuse the range interaction of an item anymore. So while it may have been more "difficult" it allowed you to receive a rune even if someone else MIGHT have reached it a millisecond before you otherwise.

Removing that also stripped you from that option so its a two edged sword.

Remember when Shackle could automatically be casted on the closest opponent hero? (thank you for mentioning that ability, was hesitant to use that example earlier).
Remember how it was removed and people approved of it after a while?
Remember how its return was discussed and NOONE agreed to bring it back because it would have just made things too easy? (except for a few handful that just wanted t buff their favourite hero).

Slither already is a decent hero, I don't think he needs further noob friendliness (as is the term, I have been told).

spacer.png

FAs skeletons had life and were killable. And calling that micro? Im calling it: Activating a spell. Just like Panda flurry is not micro.

Just like SR Charges is not micro. 

If you can't control them, it's not microing. Im sry to say this to you. 

Going onto Gauntlet hook: Changing from going in gauntlets direction to aiming and moving towards gauntlet: Dumbing down? Nah, it was just a bonus to have the gauntlet hook in gaunts direction. Also again, a bad design. Was a quicker way of hooking than currently, and required less APM, but better positioning. 

Kanes waylay: Sure it got "Dumbed down" but having spells going randomly of infront of you is not a game I want to play. THAT is dumbing down thinking people can't use their mouse. Same with old gauntlet hook infront. It is not a good game design. Imagine zephyrs gust dragging from max range towards zephyr at all times. Nope. 

Rallies compel is the same, overall I think its an improvement that was needed when he COULDN'T activate compel on himself when shrunken headed. Which he now cans, which render compel (E) "useless" Do I Use the Compel forward skill ever? Did I want it when he couldn't use compel when srhunken? Sure. But best was to enable compel on shrunken headed units.  It is the same as gaunlet, and waylay, having to right click in the direction u wanna stun in is slower than using vector-targeting technique philosophy.  It is the same as rally ulti to only go forward without aiming. I dislike that idea and I want it gone. 

Of all abilites that automatically got changed from or to casting infront of you, Rally change is the best. It doesn't change anything to not much for most players. 

Speaking of Slither: Dropping a ward on ground for this guy seems reasonable as this game is heading in directions when u are not supposed to spam things With slithers case it's not about dumbing down, it's not about buffing, it's not about aiming. there were recent changes (I can't recal which) that had this problem with mass-clicking and got changed for the better.