Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
PeteRoy

Which hero benefits the most from Staff of the Master ?

Which hero benefits the most from Staff of the Master ?

For example in a situation where you want to give an ally Staff and you 2 or 3 ally heroes who you be given staff, which one is the most important?

Perhaps there should be a ranking of heroes who benefit the most from Staff, number 1, 2, 3 etc

It really depends on the situation of the game. For example: If I have a farmed Legio with easy solo pick-offs I'll boost him over any other hero every day.

I think you can find lots of different situations where different boosted heroes make more sense.

But overall my personal list is (based on how necessary a SotM is):

1) Slith

2) Hag and Rally

3) MoA

4) Valk

5) Blacksmith

6) Moraxus

The impact of a well timed slith ult can be so much bigger than rallys or hags (in my opinion).

Want to help the HoN Communitiy and the Devs?

Volunteer as a Mod or RCT!

Nice people included 😉

im shocked to not see EW here, his ult on any other strong hero can be the most cancerous thing you'll ever meet in a game...

Myrmidon, especially if your team lacks a melee carry and the enemy team has no magic immunity hero(Pred). It will wreck bloody havoc with the staff, even more with Spellshards etc.

Gauntlet, simply for that trolling animation with the One Punch Man Avatar, lmao.

Posted (edited)

I assume we're talking FoC (otherwise I would add a few more E.g. Deadlift for mws)

My favourites are;

Slither (Lethal), Hag (CD), Rally (Doubles range; note jadespire does too kinda), Blacksmith (sooo much damage), Arachna (restrains and good for push), Pebbles, Pesti (just impossible to push against & insane for farming).

Special mention to Martyr Staff; it was recently changed and so is yet to shine, but the effect of swapping an ally's hp/mana is crazy good (I would recommend a jade spire though, as all of martyr's spells benefit from it).

Edited by TehNubZar
spelling

I tried staff on Zephyr and it's INSANE
really, you guys should try it

The princess is always in another castle

On 5/5/2020 at 8:11 PM, Falk1 said:

Myrmidon, especially if your team lacks a melee carry and the enemy team has no magic immunity hero(Pred). It will wreck bloody havoc with the staff, even more with Spellshards etc.

actually myrms ult is not THAT good of a carry ult since it does not interact with lifesteal very well.
it CAN be pwoerful if the hero is overfed but then again that same applies to any other hero. myrms ult simply doesnt scale well for carry purposes in my oppinion

37 minutes ago, merryhonmas said:

actually myrms ult is not THAT good of a carry ult since it does not interact with lifesteal very well.
it CAN be pwoerful if the hero is overfed but then again that same applies to any other hero. myrms ult simply doesnt scale well for carry purposes in my oppinion

Had to find out that myself in a few games now. Especially if everybody pops his/her shrunken late you'll do exactly 0 damage.

You could buy a grimoire to get some lifesteal, but since I play Myrm as a hard support, something has to be very wrong with the game if it comes to that. (and never happened to me until now actually)

It just doesn't make him as useless as other supports just standing around and autoattacking, once all spells have been casted in the lategame.

But you will mostly never substitute a hard carry with that staff.

Since I'm playing in a bracket where a decent picked team is still kind of rare, Myrm has its value, but not against an enemy who knows what he's doing.

Chipper.

Tell me another SOTM that takes a hero from garbage tier and puts them firmly in usable tier.

maybe we should start topic which hero has useless SOTM effect... in that case, Flux is at very fist place 🙂

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:43 PM, dushajni said:

maybe we should start topic which hero has useless SOTM effect... in that case, Flux is at very fist place 🙂

Have you tried Panda's staff effect? Blink too fast and you'll miss it.

On 5/18/2020 at 11:43 PM, dushajni said:

wow flux has a stuff, forgot about it 😄