Dunno - Lan Mode?

Hi there, i am old player test this game "Heroes Of Newerth" from 2010, and some years ago i test again in 2014 with the version 3.4.3 with Linux Native for that date, the Game include a << Lan Mode >> just for play in a Lan Party without Internet. but in this Latest version from 4 april 2020 i don't see any option like that on the Main Screen / Login Screen 

Well i ask in the Lobby
spacer.png

And the unique answer i recibe from another player in spanish was "Shut up cock face", well i don't know if in the game the insults are allowed in the lobby or not, but if not, why in the options for another players don't had in the context menu the option "Report By :  <Option>" 

In resume my dunnos are

1) Is possible play the game without internet connection ?

2) The insults are allowed or not ? and if not why don't had a option for report players with that behaviour 

3) Why in the download page just appear for Download Windows Client, but not for GNU/Linux or Mac OS X, when the files exist there, becauase i had download the native client for GNU/Linux with the command 

wget -c 'http://dl.heroesofnewerth.com/installers/linux/HoNClient.sh'

Well on that moment i wait 10 days for the download was be completed, and some bytes get corrupted (i prefer download using torrents for prevent that data corruption) and well when i try to install i recieve this

spacer.png

The venezuelan internet connection is extremely slowpoke, and well is the worst in direct downloads specially in files => 1 GB, after that i just extract the game data, and change permissions and use, the games works fine. but the internet connection of my country is nothing good for play online, and because of that i ask if i can play without internet connection for play with my friends in a Local Area Network. 

56 minutes ago, Inukaze said:

1) Is possible play the game without internet connection ?

You can start a practice game with just yourself in it. Click "Play Now" -> "Public" -> "Start Game" -> "Create Game" -> under "Select Server" choose "Practice" -> "Create" -> Click "+" on any of the teams -> "Start"

1 hour ago, Inukaze said:

2) The insults are allowed or not ? and if not why don't had a option for report players with that behaviour

Insulting is not allowed, you can report such behavior in the lobby through an inquiry at: rap.heroesofnewerth.com

1 hour ago, Inukaze said:

3) Why in the download page just appear for Download Windows Client, but not for GNU/Linux or Mac OS X

The developers have stopped supporting the Linux and Mac clients. You can download them, but if anything won't work your pretty much on your own. You can ask in the community support section of the forum though, some people with a bit of know-how are there.

9 hours ago, Falk1 said:

You can start a practice game with just yourself in it. Click "Play Now" -> "Public" -> "Start Game" -> "Create Game" -> under "Select Server" choose "Practice" -> "Create" -> Click "+" on any of the teams -> "Start"

Well i want to know if i download the game, and install on a friend home, in where don't exist internet connection, but had 12 computers on a LAN connected trough switch and configure just for LAN Share, like Files/Folders/Printer(s)

Its possible start the game avoid the login screen and all that things need internet ?

Thanks for the anothers answers ? 

18 minutes ago, Inukaze said:

Well i want to know if i download the game, and install on a friend home, in where don't exist internet connection, but had 12 computers on a LAN connected trough switch and configure just for LAN Share, like Files/Folders/Printer(s)

Its possible start the game avoid the login screen and all that things need internet ?

Thanks for the anothers answers ? 

Welcome bro. ?

Well, you asked for a away to play the game without internet connection, I told you one. ?

Either way I'm afraid you won't get a "real" LAN Game set up nowadays. ?

Anyway you can give the Community Support section in the forums a try: Community Tech Support

There is currently no way to play games via a LAN-connection.

The linux-client is not supported, but there are links here: 

The linux-client works quite well, mac has some problems occasionally. However you could also run the Windows client via wine (or PlayOnLinux).
However the windows installer is actually just a downloader which is way worse for your connection. For the linux download, you should be able to continue the download with the "-c"-Option of wget you're using. Sadly there's no torrent.