Lock players from ranked with multipul pending reports from Ranked matching after a threshold is reached

Limit reports per user to 1 a day and only players on ur team can report, not outside party's or enemy's.

After 12 hours the report is removed but still can be reviewed by GMS.

If someone is sent to low priority anyone who reported that user regains there report.

Low priority forces the user to play a specific amount of unranked public games or midwars it does not expire.

thoughts: Bannign system in HoN sucks, players grief team mates knowing they won't be banned for it. If they have there account temporarily locked from ranked match making due to excessive even if false reports. locking them out will be giving the players reporting some piece of mind.

ofc a  system like this needs time to adjust to specific numbers like what if someone plays 1 game and has 5 reports and another guy plays 5 games and has 5 reports. maybe the threshold increases per match?

ofc this is all just theory crafting doubt it'll ever happen.

I think 1 report per day can be problematic depending of the threshold of multiple pending reports, if I interpret the points you suggested correctly. It is because some players are lazy to make a report.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Posted (edited)

The limiting would make it more fair, that you'd want to report someone whose REALLY pissing you off or griefing you. Not because people are lazy to report but more so to encourage punishment for intentionally pissing off team mates.

Not even nessacrly for the banning aspect; but so you can have a after taste that hey maybe that dick bag might be stuck into playing a few public games or something of the nature. It wouldn't be a ban, and even if the reports are completely false, piece of mind for those who potentially do or do not deserve. 

For example.

Everyone on ur team hates Chad, what did Chad do?

Chad decided he was so manly that he could handle the mid lane as a Gold 2 player verse a threatening Legendary player.

Chad also decided that maybe perhaps he could decimate with his off meta pick. If it worked out for Chad his team might praise him. However... this plan goes very poorly for Chad. Chad ends up giving the enemy mid player a 8 minute portal key.

Did Chad grief. No (but yes)

Did Chad commit a reportable action. No

Did Chad piss off enough of his team mates to deserve some form of punishment other then losing a bit of mmr?

I think so.

I don't know why I always go so off topic, I don't have any specific numbers or idea of what the allowed amount should be; it would have to be tested.

Edited by skrapein
On 5/3/2021 at 6:01 PM, skrapein said:

Lock players from ranked with multipul pending reports from Ranked matching after a threshold is reached

It will probably be hard if the people reporting are very low priority as I think it could take too long to be able to play again (?), not sure how long it takes to get a report through so

that wouldn't matter. Each report that could hold the effect would have a determined time; like 12 hours or something. Every report counts towards meeting the low priority threshold. And once in low priority the amount of game required shouldn't be over the top; maybe like 2-5.