How is it possible that 99% of the RaP forms I submit turn back negative in very clear cases of griefing? The most common issue being avoiding afk or intentionally avoiding team related activities? I've submitted many forms with clear cases of intentionally avoiding team activity WITH the player in question stating in chat "Im afk", "Im not helping team", etc. and then refusing to help the team for like 30 minutes. Yet when I get the RaP results it comes back negative. This is an extremely frustrating issue and I'm not sure its being properly handled.

Hello,

I suggest you read through the "What is griefing?" post stickied at this section.

If a decision was judged innocent and you are sure it was judged incorrectly, feel free to file an inquiry using the RAP portal and ask for a double check. Mistakes can happen.

What the player says has no impact on the actual decision (unless the report is filed for verbal abuse).

The actions alone matter and unless the player is blatantly AFK for a bit then moves to reset the AFK detection timer, reports of avoiding AFK detection are rarely ruled as guilty. There can frequently be a reasonable doubt that the player is farming to secure the late game and if you manage to win without him then his actions will be deemed as unimpactful and hence will not warrant any punishment.

Perhaps you need to be more lenient regarding what actions you report and want punished because they will be punished only if perceived as intentional, malicious and have an impact.

14 hours ago, dav787 said:

The actions alone matter and unless the player is blatantly AFK for a bit then moves to reset the AFK detection timer, reports of avoiding AFK detection are rarely ruled as guilty. There can frequently be a reasonable doubt that the player is farming to secure the late game and if you manage to win without him then his actions will be deemed as unimpactful and hence will not warrant any punishment.

Perhaps you need to be more lenient regarding what actions you report and want punished because they will be punished only if perceived as intentional, malicious and have an impact.

That's kinda sad to read like this.
That implies the following cases are innocent which I believe are still guilty:

1. Player stays in base for 3 minutes, walks to jungle, kills to spots and goes back to base. Repeat that for 30-40 minutes
2. Player stands in base and moves just so he doesn't get kicked for the entire game, but after 30 minutes of him standing there the remaining team still wins the game (may it be because of smurfs or feeders or just skill difference).

I think I recall a case where someone was deemed guilty even thought they won the game by "being afk".
Basically the provided their gold and items to the remaining players which had a gold advantage because of this and won their lanes and the game because of it. However they were still banned for being afk. I haven't witnessed this, but I've heard of it, so it might not be true.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Manu311 said:

That's kinda sad to read like this.
That implies the following cases are innocent which I believe are still guilty:

1. Player stays in base for 3 minutes, walks to jungle, kills to spots and goes back to base. Repeat that for 30-40 minutes
2. Player stands in base and moves just so he doesn't get kicked for the entire game, but after 30 minutes of him standing there the remaining team still wins the game (may it be because of smurfs or feeders or just skill difference).

I think I recall a case where someone was deemed guilty even thought they won the game by "being afk".
Basically the provided their gold and items to the remaining players which had a gold advantage because of this and won their lanes and the game because of it. However they were still banned for being afk. I haven't witnessed this, but I've heard of it, so it might not be true.

I must have expressed myself wrong because you are right on this one. What you gave as examples are exactly what I meant. The players in both your scenarios could be suspended after a few instances of this (threshold was like 7 minutes back in the days). They are the obvious cases in my opinion. Clearly intentional, malicious and impactful. The only situation I can think of where I would ignore such behavior is if his team already has two terminated or otherwise griefing players.

The kind of situation I was referring to when I wrote that there could be reasonable doubt of them 'securing the late game' are for example the classic case of the jungler getting ganked once or twice and saying 'AFK' only to proceed to farm for 30+ more minutes, that guy will most likely be ruled as innocent if he defends the barracks when his allies are alive to do so with him. If the match ends in his team's favor without him lifting a finger while he is actively farming, it most likely will not be held against him. Examples I can think of that would likely result in actions is refusing to help a nearby ally who is running from an enemy that he could easily assist without endangering himself or teamfights happening a screen distance away that they fully ignore.

Edited by dav787
Typo
  • Like 1