heroes for beginners

That highly depends on your personality.
You should identify which role feels the most fun for you. Just try them all and figure out what feels best.

There aren't really easy heroes or hard heroes in general. If you're used to fast RTS games, ophelia might feel pretty easy but for others Ophelia is one of the most difficult heroes.

• Like 1

Some heroes are easy mechanically but may be difficult to play optimally and vice versa. 

But like Hammerstorm is pretty straightforward I think! Throw big hammer. BashBashBash ;D

Wretched Hag is a fun hero that can escape relatively easily and that you can run around and get in position with easier so your team doesnt rage at you when youre not there.

Empath is kinda cool because in big battles you can just jump into someone and you dont have to care about movement, just using your skills. 

Depends on what role you want to play , carry ,support , offlane/ganker...
U can make a pre-selection in the all pick screen , so it shows u the classes in that particular group .
Have fun .

I usually encourage people to play support. It gives you practice with having to know where everybody is at all times. Having map awareness and monitoring the minimap are keys to being successful

Look for the 1-3 star difficulty heroes, those are the most mechanically easiest to play. Don't be afraid to lose games and just mute toxic players while listening to players who are genuine in wanting to help. There are many people willing to help in this game.

10 hours ago, Ondis said:

But like Hammerstorm is pretty straightforward I think!

Problem with HS is just that you need to know the static farming routes so you can get the most optimized GPM because Hammerstorm gets so easily outcarried if you don't reach a high GPM imo! (kinda saying his selling point is that you can reach high GPM with him).

15 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I usually encourage people to play support

I kinda do the opposite.
It's the most frustrating thing to have a bad support in your team. While you kinda expect carries to just afk farm - it doesn't really influence the game of the other players that much whether he's actually successfully getting farm or not. Only when it's time to "win the game" it has an impact which probably decides about win or loose.

So my suggestion would rather be the opposite - if you don't know what to play: Try a carry - start in a local practice game, do the laning phase - try to reach above 300 gpm and not to loose hp (vs creeps). Also try to switch between meele and ranged heroes for this and don't forget to also try last hitting with few items (since you won't have many items at first).
If you got that, try to reach at least 50% of creep denies of your last hits while still getting the same gpm. Also try to stay as close to your own tower as possible but don't let the enemy creeps get into your tower.
Disclaimer: If you pick Salomon, the 300 gpm is way too little - but Idk how much you should reach just from hitting lane creeps.

If you manage to do that, you should be able to already win bronze and some silver games without much problems. Eventually you'll need to react to other players, but that's way less frustrating if you already can win games 😉.

Edited by Manu311
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Manu311 said:

I kinda do the opposite.
It's the most frustrating thing to have a bad support in your team. While you kinda expect carries to just afk farm - it doesn't really influence the game of the other players that much whether he's actually successfully getting farm or not. Only when it's time to "win the game" it has an impact which probably decides about win or loose.

I agree, I don't recommend new player play support cause firstly, they will get flamed hard which makes them quit hon sooner. Also in low brackets, people tend to always blame supports even if it was not their fault. Mid will blame support for no wards when he loses, farm will blame support for not boxing out or dying while doing so. New players are trying to grasp the concept of laning and you don't want to overwhelm them with map control at the start.

It doesnt matter if the hero is easy to use, you will not be able to play well untill you get a good grasp of everything in the game, that being said your best choice is to play jungle simply cuz if you mess up it wont affect your allies directly, you wont ruin any lane and you wont get flamed hard. I suggest you search in youtube for hon omg jungle rotation. Solstice is a fairly easy hero to play. As a jungler you have to decide wheter you will be active and ganking a lot of focus more on the farming aspect; for solstice a good general rule of thumb is farming during the day and ganking during night. I do not reccomend going hard lane since is one of the hardest roles to master. Good luck.

• Like 1