Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Hag has some absurd superior magic damage nuke with staff.
-750 superior magic damage, plus haunt(first skill)applied as superior slow and damage afterwards. and a 40 sec cooldown.
Adding to this, haunt as an individual skill , if casted afterwards, is consired another DoT so it actually stacks with Haunt from ultimate. alongside her 3rd skill and a blink spell i think the hero is kinda too strong. 

I dont have a problem with her being the strongest nuker in the game(ofc pyro is also a strong competitor but the non superior magic damage, and his 60 sec cd kinda puts hag in the first place).
My humble opinion would be if a small increase on ultimate cd is applied would suffice.

I agree with this, staff boost on hag is just pure bullshit. There's not a single game in which you see hag not rushing staff ?

increasing CD to like 60 seconds (which is still a huuuuuuge buff coming from 135 seconds on the non-sotm ulti) would at least push her not to abuse the spell as a wave clear

I like where hag is right now. I don't think we should nerf the staff effect, but instead, maybe, reduce the cooldown on her ulti without staff a little bit

The princess is always in another castle

2 hours ago, LennyXX said:

I like where hag is right now. I don't think we should nerf the staff effect, but instead, maybe, reduce the cooldown on her ulti without staff a little bit

ye that also is a good suggestion. i dont want either to change her damage output, i think playing with cd's is the proper treatment ?

I agree with Lenny. Hag is good where she is right now. Keep in mind that besides of her spells she has literally nothing. Add a resto stone however for nearly double the fun. Oh and wrong forum by the way. This should be moved to balance.

The only thing that hag should be nerf as of now is an increased time on her ulti. 30 sec cd is kind of absurd considering she can nuke an entire wave with it. Also, @TruLeLiLoLOL, rushing staff is good as for farming item, damage and stats boost. However, keep in mind that hag is squishy and there are lot of heroes that can counter her quite easily (Moira, witch slayer, scout, vindi, magebane, etc). So, building staff as first item is a bad choice. Well, you can argue that it will be based on the game (heroes pick and players). But still, you would want to build her tankier initially and buy some mana regenerating items like hellflower, nullstone or even spellshard. Staff should be at least, hag's second or third item

Posted (edited)

I'm down for a cooldown increase on her staff'd ulti, as grimoire of power is always a solid option for her to decrease the CD back anyway (for a cost ofc) and then there's always resto.

I can't say I've seen many Hags in my games, or that when I do they impact the game at all, but I take your guy's word for it.

Edited by TehNubZar