Thunderbringer sotm worthless?

So, ever since they lower the damage on TB sotm effect, I have not seen a single situation where it is worth building. Just buying more magic damage to boost your ulti, refresher or even sheep stick would be more preferred. Maybe it is time to look at changing that?

I was thinking lower the timing between shocks to 2 secs or even increasing to slow to 40%. Just to make sotm a viable pickup? Any thoughts on this?

it's extreme strong if you ask. However, the condition is you need to rush it. Forget about spell sunder, spell shard. It's not easy but i have played some match with that rush and it complete destroy any all-out combat.

If there is a problem, it should be his switch (E). Why the heck i need to switch skill from the first place? Why not give him a sub skill (D) or just press E to cast ??

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

3 hours ago, ElementUser said:

Do you know how powerful it is if you make this happen? 

TB just gained another burst tool. With many procs of E. 

It would be broken. 

why not make both it share cooldown together ?? (like pharaoh SOTM). I just feel annoying when one is no target and the other one is ground targeted.

It's not like i play TB everyday.

Edited by w3wstarboy

If they shared a cooldown it would be a purely QoL change and that would be fine if it was deemed needed.

I have no horse in this race other than to point that out.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

I gave this some thought and tested it out on some of my accounts. At gold 2 and above, this sotm is basically just for zoning the enemies out. Once they get hit by one, they just rush out and its useless. Silvers tend to stay in the zone and fight if they are winning the fight against TB's team. 

So I was thinking, what about increasing the slow? Would 50% slow for 1.5secs instead of 30% make it more viable and change the way people use it in team fights? This makes it harder for better players to run out of the zone and makes it easier for lower ranked players to recognise the threat of staying in the zone.

What do you guys think?

Edited by eMarky

Right now if you have a way to keep people clumped in it (Bramble Ultimate, Tempest Ultimate, Pharaoh Wall, etc), the damage is pretty good. 

I think making it more standalone in terms of power feels a little braindead from my quick glance at it.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

My main grip is how this upgrade clashes so much with his current ult. Most of the advantages it has are already part of his regular ult (global cast, revelation, damage). Feels like the damage could be taken away to focus more on the other components of the ult (zoning aspect, aoe of denial) so that it does not have to share a cooldown with the regular ult, which makes it feel not worth it most of the time.

• Like 1