2 minutes ago, kavoond said:

Am I the only one who wants single draft back as an alternative? GIVE US SINGLE DRAFT BACK AS AN ALTERNATIVE!!!!!!!!!

Dude totally agree. There should be a ranked single draft mode. Would balance hero usage and just be generally more fun

• Like 4
5 hours ago, eZill said:

longer queue times? damn have u played dota or something else???

as long as you dont 5stack, you insta que on hon hhh

what mmr range? bc i have an account at 1450, 1550, and 1700 and they are all 5 min queues

100% support this (glad to see -sd on mid wars)

every single game people try hard with the same heroes like magmus, rally,... it's so boring, it feels like we play with/against a group of 15 different heroes in total... and the rest gets forgotten or if you pick it, people already rage at picking phase.. this kills the fun for me

I wouldnt mind longer queues too

• Like 1

I actually think that single draft or even random could help with the "MID FARM WOODS" calls. It kinda forces a more "pick/counterpick" style in the picking-phase which at least I enjoy far more than everyone calling lanes. - I.e. you go where youre needed rather than to what lane you want. 

That's the only reason Id like to have it back. 

But again, we have problems with waiting times, especially at the highest mmr levels so this will never happen until the population grows.

Edited by Ondis
  • Like 1

Totally agree with you guys. I dont think it would hurt to just enable Single Draft. Single draft would probably have longer queue, but me personally wouldnt mind that.

As you guys said, im so sick of these replay games where the same heroes get banned, and same 15-20 heroes gets picked every game. 

We need single draft ❤️

3 hours ago, ElementUser said:

Single Draft isn't a competitive mode (which CoN is supposed to be), so it has no chance of coming back to FoC in the foreseeable future.

I don’t really understand. Is this why we only have this banning mode?

Isnt the majority casual players? This majority would love SD. 
Sad that we’ve come to a point that we only have one mode and too afraid to throw in SD.

• Like 1
On 4/20/2021 at 10:47 PM, ElementUser said:

Single Draft isn't a competitive mode (which CoN is supposed to be), so it has no chance of coming back to FoC in the foreseeable future.

As Ezill said, majority of the people playing the game are casual player?

+ is it demanding to have single draft up and running? and those who wants to play it can queue it?

Really dont see a problem with having it available so the players can choose what to play. It wont affect anyone really, I mean its available in mid wars?

On 4/21/2021 at 2:16 AM, eZill said:

Isnt the majority casual players? This majority would love SD. 

That depends on your definition.
Of course basically all players just play "for fun" and not "for money". However that doesn't make them truly casual.

At least the majority of players that are in my games (and I'm only in Gold bracket rn) plays to win the games. So they are play "competitively", since that only really means that you're trying to get above other players.
In a "casual game" - like Mid Wars - there isn't really anything to "get above" in. Of course there's rating in MW, but that's not nearly as important than for Foc.

However don't get me wrong - I would love to get SD, or even better BR/AR, back. But not because I think all players are "casual" but rather because I always felt like AR was more competitive than AP is.
I think I've given reasons for that multiple times, so I'll just omit them now 😉.

3 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

That depends on your definition.
Of course basically all players just play "for fun" and not "for money". However that doesn't make them truly casual.

At least the majority of players that are in my games (and I'm only in Gold bracket rn) plays to win the games. So they are play "competitively", since that only really means that you're trying to get above other players.
In a "casual game" - like Mid Wars - there isn't really anything to "get above" in. Of course there's rating in MW, but that's not nearly as important than for Foc.

However don't get me wrong - I would love to get SD, or even better BR/AR, back. But not because I think all players are "casual" but rather because I always felt like AR was more competitive than AP is.
I think I've given reasons for that multiple times, so I'll just omit them now 😉.

Yeah we play competitively, all of us. But like why do they ruin everything by locking everything in. As if we have a huge scene of players.

make it fun and listen to the community. How would we grow otherwise?

5 minutes ago, eZill said:

But like why do they ruin everything by locking everything in. As if we have a huge scene of players.

That's exactly the reason. People complained a lot about queue-times. And their solution was to reduce the player-splitting for different modes.
I don't fully understand why it was beneficial to reduce modes when you could simply enable all of them if you wanted to, but that's how it went.

At least it's not "normal" AllPick, so we kinda have a picking-challenge left. If I would have had to play AllPick, I would probably have played even less these past years.

@Manu311

Duuuuuude Balance random ❤️ 

IF they could make a Balanced SD that would probably be the best.  Even though I love to play cheesy weird builds with friends nowdays I mostly solo play and I just feel that like about 30% of the negative frustration and unnecessary conflict in every game on average is pick-phase and who goes to what lane. Also it would make games so much more dynamic. Overall the competitiveness wouldn't change and yes sometimes you might not be able to get that optimal team composition but other times your opponents wouldn't.  I think that the higher MMR players would possibly end up enjoying that the meta is shaken up a bit. So maybe it doesn't necessarily have to be seen through the lense of an non-competitive mode. It turns up the variance in the game. Its like Poker, its a competitive game but some games you just get crap cards, in which case you can try to bluff or steal but in others your opponents get them so it evens out. 

Edited by Ondis
  • Like 3