Toxic/Racist Player

So there is a certain player that has been roaming this game for years and he constantly spams BS and trolls through 90% of his games.  I don't want to out him because I'm sure there is some forum rule, so if a MOD would like to message me I will gladly point him out.  He has multiple accounts of a similar name.  He constantly calls Latin players the 'S' word and says they're dirty and to go back to their "dirty 3rd world country".  He is absolutely toxic.  You're either a "dirty Latin" or a "Gay Liberal"  in his eyes. And the funny part is this is all on his twitch channel for anyone to watch.  He does this constantly throughout all his games.  

This guy has been here for years.  I remember him spamming his twitch channel and being just as toxic over half a decade ago.  He hasn't matured, and if anything has gotten more obnoxious.  I have reported his twitch channel.  I was going to report his HON account but most of the evidence of his toxicity, and bad behavior is through voice chat.  

Given the limited player population of the game at this point in its life I usually steer away from suggesting anything drastic like IP banning or something.  But this is one of those guys that causes players to leave and never come back. The Latin American player that was in the game with us was livid and screaming at the top of his lungs.  It wouldn't surprise me if this was something that pushed him and others away permanently.  I'm an American player, and this dude is a disgrace.  He perpetuates the already racist American community in this game, and flames uncontrollably.  He's the type of player that has probably caused dozens to quit and never come back.

If you've seen him recently, make sure you report him for chat abuse. Being toxic won't get him banned, but straight up insulting people (in this case, latins) will

The princess is always in another castle

@asheelarry Hello,

Please do report him/them, if you think they are breaking the rules, you can find the link in my signature, additionally you could pm me with all the info.

Cheers,

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

Don't forget to educate your teammates about the ignore function and single reports never reaching an GMs screen. An Inquiry at the helpdesk should be the right thing to do for you since voice chat abuse isn't covered by ingame reports.

7 hours ago, Falk1 said:

Don't forget to educate your teammates about the ignore function and single reports never reaching an GMs screen. An Inquiry at the helpdesk should be the right thing to do for you since voice chat abuse isn't covered by ingame reports.

My single report is enough to reach a GMs screen. That has nothing to do with my volunteer positions, but with how many positive reports I've made. Everyone can reach that state with good reports.

Voice chat reports can be made with the in game report function if you put a link to a video with the audio into the comment part of the report. Since an unknown url will probably not cause the GMs to look at it, I recommend uploading it as unlisted youtube video.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, manu311 said:

My single report is enough to reach a GMs screen.

Good for you.

That has nothing to do with my volunteer positions, but with how many positive reports I've made. Everyone can reach that state with good reports.

I need further explanations to understand that. If I encounter a clear infraction in a game, report it, but the other players don't give anything about the offense, it won't get corroborated. I guess that won't push my positive report count either. How the heck am I going to submit a "good" report then, not even talking of "many"?

16 hours ago, Falk1 said:

I need further explanations to understand that. If I encounter a clear infraction in a game, report it, but the other players don't give anything about the offense, it won't get corroborated. I guess that won't push my positive report count either. How the heck am I going to submit a "good" report then, not even talking of "many"?

Indeed getting to that level without others cooperating, is not that easy.
Your conclusion is correct, not corroborated reports will not change your rap-reputation (that's how it is called). It took me years to get enough positive reports.

However it's easier if you get at least one friend who's willing to also report your reports - he doesn't have to be part of that game!, but the report has to be done within 2 hours of your report.
You can also do the other way around and report his reports.
Of course Innocent reports will work in the opposite direction, so you should choose that friend wisely.

16 hours ago, Falk1 said:

Same struggle here. Basically, if your reports are good, valid, and they get reviewed with a positive outcome, your trust factor goes up.  Otherwise your trust factor goes down.

If it goes down far enough, your reports - if you are the only one reporting - will just be ignored. (probably they think you report out of rage).

To me, after FB Studios took over, it became impossible to report anyone. Before, if a report had all the required info in it, it would get reviewed.

Problem is, I stopped playing for a while and I think I submitted reports with wrong timestamps (I can't remember if I should stamp the replay time or the game time - NEITHER can I find this info anywhere anymore). Also, even my legit reports would get slapped with a "wrong timestamp - case closed"; the GM's can't be bothered. To me, the whole "if we see another offense during review, we take action" is just rubbish. Because they didn't properly review then, I can't make them review now.

Result? My trust factor went down, and now if I see an offense I don't even bother reporting. I see loads of grievers and abusers in my games, but nobody seems to care, or to know you can report them.  So even if I see a guy blatantly feeding 0-20 mid in 10min for instance, I just don't care.

The RAP system is fundamentally flawed.

All this, while I got once banned for trying to solo Kongor from a mid-Balphagore position with an Abyssal Skull early game, after finishing up the farm for the item. 3 kids reporting me for AFK avoidance? Lousy GM? Banned.

Only solution I see now is mute + ignore, suck it up and pray the game ends soon enough. Also, don't feed the trolls.

Edited by TheEngineer_
properly
42 minutes ago, manu311 said:

Indeed getting to that level without others cooperating, is not that easy.

Not that easy is a bit understating imho, sounds more like close to impossible to me. 

59 minutes ago, manu311 said:

Your conclusion is correct, not corroborated reports will not change your rap-reputation (that's how it is called). It took me years to get enough positive reports.

Now I finally understand why not a single soul seems to report griefers. Vicious circle.

1 hour ago, manu311 said:

However it's easier if you get at least one friend who's willing to also report your reports - he doesn't have to be part of that game!, but the report has to be done within 2 hours of your report.

Didn't knew about the time restriction.

47 minutes ago, TheEngineer_ said:

Same struggle here. Basically, if your reports are good, valid, and they get reviewed with a positive outcome, your trust factor goes up.  Otherwise your trust factor goes down.

If it goes down far enough, your reports - if you are the only one reporting - will just be ignored. (probably they think you report out of rage).

Of course I report out of rage. Isn't that a human reaction to griefing after all? At least at the moment, maybe I'll be soon as dull to griefing as a part of Newerthians already are.

58 minutes ago, TheEngineer_ said:

To me, after FB Studios took over, it became impossible to report anyone. Before, if a report had all the required info in it, it would get reviewed.

Problem is, I stopped playing for a while and I think I submitted reports with wrong timestamps (I can't remember if I should stamp the replay time or the game time - NEITHER can I find this info anywhere anymore). Also, even my legit reports would get slapped with a "wrong timestamp - case closed"; the GM's can't be bothered. To me, the whole "if we see another offense during review, we take action" is just rubbish. Because they didn't properly review then, I can't make them review now.

Result? My trust factor went down, and now if I see an offense I don't even bother reporting. I see loads of grievers and abusers in my games, but nobody seems to care, or to know you can report them.  So even if I see a guy blatantly feeding 0-20 mid in 10min for instance, I just don't care.

The RAP system is fundamentally flawed.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, TheEngineer_ said:

All this, while I got once banned for trying to solo Kongor from a mid-Balphagore position with an Abyssal Skull early game, after finishing up the farm for the item. 3 kids reporting me for AFK avoidance? Lousy GM? Banned.

Sorry to say, but if the enemies pushed at the same time, the ban was probably legitimate.

1 hour ago, TheEngineer_ said:

Only solution I see now is mute + ignore, suck it up and pray the game ends soon enough.

You don't have to suck it up. Just disconnect.

You can complain all you want - in fact I complained about the time frame myself - but you have to use whatever system that is "forced" onto you or you don't have the right to complain that it doesn't work.

If you simply refuse to report people, of course griefers won't get banned.
If you get banned yourself, there clearly is a system working that makes GMs look at replays. If you refuse to use that, there's no one else to blame but yourself if people are not getting banned.

Similar answer if you "report out of rage". How do you expect your reputation to increase if you simply report because you don't like someone? All you do is waste GMs time since they have to look at Innocent players because you were raging.

19 minutes ago, manu311 said:

You can complain all you want - in fact I complained about the time frame myself - but you have to use whatever system that is "forced" onto you or you don't have the right to complain that it doesn't work.

I will complain about what I want to complain about.

21 minutes ago, manu311 said:

If you get banned yourself, there clearly is a system working that makes GMs look at replays. If you refuse to use that, there's no one else to blame but yourself if people are not getting banned.

I completely get your point. Though you admitted that reporting as long as nobody else does it too, will lead to lower reputation and thus less griefers banned because of your reports. Where is the point of single reporting then?

25 minutes ago, manu311 said:

Similar answer if you "report out of rage". How do you expect your reputation to increase if you simply report because you don't like someone? All you do is waste GMs time since they have to look at Innocent players because you were raging.

I'm afraid you didn't read my post thoroughly. I get in rage because of peoples behaviour. I close to never hate other people because of simply being them (ethnicity, gender, age etc).

6 minutes ago, Falk1 said:

I completely get your point. Though you admitted that reporting as long as nobody else does it too, will lead to lower reputation and thus less griefers banned because of your reports. Where is the point of single reporting then?

If your report end up as "not corroborated", then it does not affect your rap reputation at all so no it will not lower your rap reputation

also you can use your own subaccount / other account to make the second report if you have any

Edited by Ceriss
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Ceriss said:

If your report end up as "not corroborated", then it does not affect your rap reputation at all so no it will not lower your rap reputation

That's kind of a plot twist. I was presuming "not corroborated" equals lowering reputation.

2 hours ago, Ceriss said:

also you can use your own subaccount / other account to make the second report if you have any

I thought of that too.

5 hours ago, Falk1 said:

Sorry to say, but if the enemies pushed at the same time, the ban was probably legitimate.

You don't have to suck it up. Just disconnect.

Manu, you missed my point. Completely. Disclaimer: this happened God knows how many years ago. All I'm stating are facts based on my own observations/experience.

The time frame I got right on my first reports, afterwards there was no info regarding which you should use. (I would always state "AFK avoidance at X:XX replay time, for example)

I say it doesn't work, because I got slapped with "incorrect timestamp, rejected" even when I followed the rules I had successfully used before. This leads me to think the GM reviewing the replay was incompetent or didn't know what he should review.

I'm not complaining. I'm, again, stating facts. The fact that I got banned means nothing to me. BUT IT DID prove to me that wrongful reports submitted by multiple raging people, together with a GM that has next to zero game-sense, is new to the game, or just doesn't have the patience to review the bigger picture, will lead to a wrongful indiction.

What you're saying is, if I got banned the GM's MUST'VE been right. Really now? You think they are 1900/2000+ players with thousands of games under their belt? They're not.

Please get off your high horse.

(details: Allies - hellbourne side: enemies weren't pushing base, they were just roaming and picking off stray players for more kills. Game was heavily in their favor. You know..these 32-12 types of games? Anyway, they ended up ganking near the bottom outer tower, got all the kills in a 3v3 plus the tower.  At this point, I was finishing up my abyssal in the jungle. No TP on me, and no vision to have actually predicted that gank. I got raged on for refusing to participate. Tower fell, base intact. Now, after seeing this really cool mid Balphagore, some games back, soloing Kong at min9 with an abyssal and plated greaves, I knew it could be done. I tried it myself to at least have a little boost for the team, but I misjudged how much Kong had gotten stronger between the 9min that I saw, and the actual game time I was actually trying to solo it. (around 15-18min).  I died to a stomp trying to back out.

Do you know what the GM's saw?  Refused to participate, avoided AFK, and suicided at Kong. So again just...  please.)

And no, I will not report anymore, because I've done it tens of times when I knew there was a clear infraction (to make sure I don't ruin the rep even more), and the results were next to zero.

All of this because of a few reports reviewed by superficial, impatient or inexperienced GM's. Do you think I have 10x the energy to spend for correcting this?

Analogy: Would you trust the police/the law if they'd put you in jail when you're innocent or stole a candy, but they let mass murderers go scott-free?

If you reached a point where your solo reports are heard and taken into consideration, congratulations, but I suggest you think thoroughly and also take into consideration different perspectives.

I will not be bothered anymore with this subject.

PS: I don't disconnect. Out of principle, and for the sake of the -10MMR that I don't want to get. I would be 800MMR or something if I disconnected from every game with a griefer/abuser.

You can continue this discussion in a new thread in the RAP Feedback forums if you would like.

The system is working just fine, it's just that negativity confirmation bias is a real thing, particularly when it happens to you. Your post is the perfect example of exaggerating everything & then letting it lead you down the path of NOT reporting, which is the opposite of what the system wants you to do. Keep in mind that the non-corrobated status on a report is there because 90%+ of single reports were historically proven to be a complete waste of everyone's time & was likely a misinterpretation of the rules, or just a rage report out of spite without any legitimacy.

If you think something is actually wrong, I suggest you bring up actual proof in your next thread in RAP Feedback instead of anecdotal stories without any backing to it.

Closing this thread.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1