4.9.2.1 Hotfix Patch is scheduled for April 15, 2021 (Thursday)

The 4.9.2.1 Hotfix Patch is scheduled for April 15, 2021 (Thursday) at the usual maintenance time (1am EDT). It can as long as up at 12pm EDT to be resolved, but chances are slim that it will take that long this time.

The updated Patch Notes will be released closer to that date.

Edited by ElementUser
15 minutes ago, Donbran said:

Can you retune Art a little back upwards. The win-rates stopped being too high by a lot. Also I don't think the buff to riptide was enough to make him playable at higher ranks still.

The hero has been rampantly unhealthy at 58-61% win rate for 2 patches, so I had to ensure he converged to a more balanced win rate quickly.

I honestly think he's in a fine place at the moment. Feel free to open another Artillery thread in the Balance forums if you want to suggest anything, though I don't think there is a need to adjust Artillery until 4.9.3 at the earliest. I've already changed the 4.9.2.1 patch notes like 10 times over the last 3 days, so I really want to put it to rest.

4 hours ago, ElementUser said:

The hero has been rampantly unhealthy at 58-61% win rate for 2 patches, so I had to ensure he converged to a more balanced win rate quickly.

I honestly think he's in a fine place at the moment. Feel free to open another Artillery thread in the Balance forums if you want to suggest anything, though I don't think there is a need to adjust Artillery until 4.9.3 at the earliest. I've already changed the 4.9.2.1 patch notes like 10 times over the last 3 days, so I really want to put it to rest.

I remember before, when Artillery killed someone from afar with his skills, he was not given experience for it. Because of this, his level was usually always lower than the rest of the heroes on his team. If this is still the case, is it possible to fix it?

13 minutes ago, Im_Near said:

I remember before, when Artillery killed someone from afar with his skills, he was not given experience for it. Because of this, his level was usually always lower than the rest of the heroes on his team. If this is still the case, is it possible to fix it?

Maybe only for hero kills, not creeps

5 hours ago, NoendinSight said:

I hope nullfire gets readjusted , the mana burn aspect of it is just too damn good against any initiator, punishing them way to hard after their first initiator.

That was like the only counter you had left to Legionnaire before they nerfed Grimoire of Power (the self purge part where you use it on yourself when he taunts).

1 hour ago, Ladonien said:

That was like the only counter you had left to Legionnaire before they nerfed Grimoire of Power (the self purge part where you use it on yourself when he taunts).

I like the self purge, its a high priced item and should have that extra effect, however the scaling of the mana drain is way too high, my suggestion is to lower the mana drain and bump up the physical damage up to 60-80% of the mana burnt.

Edited by NoendinSight
typo

Speaking of Grinex, I still think the nerf was still too minor. But I stopped caring about mentioning this hero as he have been untouched for a long time. My suggestion coming on top off my head without thinking it properly would be for example that his invis on early levels has only 1 charge instead of 2 charges and maybe the movement speed should be less, could compensate with having longer duration on the invis. ATM the frustrating factor is that he can constantly go invis using 2 charges but even if you have dust he is just too fast to chase.