You guys going to do anything about verbally abusive people?

Apprently the following are legal actions in-game:

- Spamming "noob", "report" etc. until the entire team is fed up with that person that the team spirit is at an all time low.
- Using eastern european slurs to talk down to other people. 
- Not reporting people for calling others retard or other names such as. 
- Purposely attacking a team mate verbally when that team mate, say, loses their lane. Or dies several times. 

And please don't come with the usual arrogant attitude and say "rUsSiAn SlUrss R bEiNG RipOOrted aNd Ban," because it's untrue, really. Depends on the severity apparently and the severity is... i don't know... less, if it's in a language not understood by the recipient. 

Well great, enjoy having the game be a fucking drag. I'm trying my literal best to enjoy a few games a week still, but damn you guys are making it hard. 

Spoken from someone who has been banned probably a thousand times for chat abuse due to abusive parents and being bullied and beaten at school and then taking the anger out on internet people... but then has since turned his life around and is now being decently nice to people in-game... I sit here asking myself... 
)Why don't you guys get some serious help in real life, if you behavior is caused thereof?
)What the hell is going through a normal person, with no struggles, since he/she can behave like this to other people? 

Hello,

you know this is not the correct section but to answer you:

Your points are bannable and get banned on a  daily basis. Keep in mind that it's called excessive verbal abuse so unless there are racist/homophobic/deathwish lines 1-2 outbursts are not sufficient. Calling someone a noob (which is not an insult per se) needs to be really excessive (15+ lines).

Foreign languages are handled in a similar way, however, our AI is not able to handle all languages so these needs to be handled manually.

This means that sometimes 2 reports are required if your report karma is too low.

In general, you words are quite biased and there is not much truth in those.

can confirm the system works just fine if you actually maintain a decent RAP karma.
So far almost every single one of my reports was successful with a few rare exceptions where my reports weren't accurate or the offenses were not fully warranting for any actions, but that is a failure on my part then more than anything else.
have had incidents in the past where i disagreed with a ruling but those too were solved effortlessly through the help of the RAP portal or via direct contact with a SGM.
sure the system isn't perfect and the GM are all volunteers so it's all far from flawless, but as someone who has also worked with other report systems from different games, or at least has seen behind the scenes, let me asure you that compared to what resources HoN has available, this is one of the better working systems when considering it's circumstances!
People just seem to frequently either fail to realise that it's their low effort / low quality reports that gets themselves disqualified and subsequently also ruins their future reports Karma. But more than just that they usually succumb to their own ignorance, standing in their way of learning what to, and more importantly WHEN to report. Leading to useless reports on most trivial things, which in numbers just means your karma suffers althemore.

mute more, report less -> higher quality reports -> higher success rate -> more satisfying results.

for the most part unhandled reports are user errors due to above mentioned factors, but as usual it's easier to blame someone or something else  instead 🙂

You cant get very emotional about things spoken on an online game, that just shows you still need to grow as a person, that being said the system works fine, all my reports get handled although for verbal abuse im afraid the only thing you can do is ignore, wich is all you need really.

Hey I got banned and reported other.people and also got banned so in my experience if there's no sex or religion or race involved he's not gonna get banned from chat abuse unless he's really spamming whatever he wanna call you with In a row

I've got banned for excessively calling skrap crap once so yeah 😄

Hello guys,

There is also a section for these types of topics, you should head there, read the pinned threads and then if you have questions you might create a thread, (that does not work for reporting players or discussing certain individual, calling out names or sharing sensitive information).

https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php?/forum/33-report-a-player-feedback

Cheers,

Edited by `Shattered

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

People get banned all the time. But people just make a new account all the time aswel making report none effective.

Honestly this whole report system is a joke. So many admins are wasting their time in these reports banning people who will just make a new account or rather log into one of their 10 other accounts. whats the point? Im sure admins times could be used for somthing more productive.

There is an option to mute people in this game. How about you just use that instead of counting on reports that are not going to help your game. The mute feature is the only thing that WILL help you. 

Grow the fuck up snowflakes your feelings got hurt boohoo just ignore the players that are annoying you instead of wasting time with these reports.

2 hours ago, EasyWinEasy said:

People get banned all the time. But people just make a new account all the time aswel making report none effective.

Honestly this whole report system is a joke. So many admins are wasting their time in these reports banning people who will just make a new account or rather log into one of their 10 other accounts. whats the point? Im sure admins times could be used for somthing more productive.

This is only a partial truth. People might be able to create a new account and as long as they behave they are free to play on it. However, if they breach the rules while already banned on another account, the suspension will affect all accounts.

9 hours ago, EasyWinEasy said:

just change IP problem fixed?

Most people think that changing the Ip or using any other 'tool' , can bypass a global suspension, truth be told that was possible some time back but not anymore, so if some player thinks he can grief and get away, well that is not the case.

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

14 hours ago, &#x60;Shattered said:

Most people think that changing the Ip or using any other 'tool' , can bypass a global suspension, truth be told that was possible some time back but not anymore, so if some player thinks he can grief and get away, well that is not the case.

Okay this sounds weird how can you detect the same player apart from IP?