E should either heal the entire team more per higher lvl, or give more EXP. It's one of these spells where it's not that bad if u max attribute over it. 1 Lvl is enough.

The desgin/lore/vorax is the huge problem.
If we throw away all of it and start again from zero, only used his model. Maybe the other shine future waiting for him?

Or it's just my dream

HoN SEA Player

10 hours ago, CoBaYe said:

E should either heal the entire team more per higher lvl, or give more EXP. It's one of these spells where it's not that bad if u max attribute over it. 1 Lvl is enough.

2 hours ago, Robotoflife said:

I want to see scrap as more influential in the game, namely skill 3 is more powerful for vorax and for allies.

I agree, Skrap's 3rd ability has same issue as Cthulhuphant 3rd ability in the past to not worth it to level it up.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

• 1 month later...

I still don't see anything definitive on the direction of the hero, so the thread is going to sit here until I see something that I like, something that competitors & the people I speak with agree on, and is doable within the scope of our resources.

• 1 month later...

If I may propose an idea, one charge of consumed morsel also grants Vorax a buff regardless of Skrap distance to Vorax, deflecting 15/25/35/45 attack damage against tower or player's unit. The buff lasts 8 seconds or one attack taken against tower or player's unit (can be accumulated but doesn't stack).

This idea buffs current Scavenge's worth to be leveled up.

The current heal to Vorax from Scavenge could be reduced to 15/25/35/45 if the idea is too much.

Edited by datfizh
Number adjustment

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

E - Bait/Cheese!

-Bait-

Target an enemy hero to cause all nearby mouse traps to follow that target and only trigger on that target. additionally causes the target to deal 5/10/15/20% less damage to Scrap alone. Vorax will also  prioritize throwing his rocks at this target if in range.  Vorax will also attack this target if scrap is attacked within a 1000 range this leash lasts until vorax gets at least 1 hit or scrap leaves 1500 range of target which then puts the skill on a 3 second timer to attack the target vorax will then return to his last position attacking creeps/heroes in his path. Lasting 7 seconds.

-Cheese!-

Scrap heals target unit based on missing max health I'm not good at math so you can use your imagination and increases attackspeed/movement speed temporarily. Using this spells refunds 40 mana to scrap and cuts the cooldown in half as well.

CD: 14 seconds. Mana cost 80 Range 800

Just some suggestions to E, and theory crafting.

On 4/5/2021 at 5:00 AM, ElementUser said:

The question is what do you want Skrap to be?

Right now he's a hero I don't really care about & he's fine as he is if we leave him alone.

Could give him a fun staff effect. Maybe something like engineers very old ability tinker (I think) which would make Skrap buff Vorax but Skrap is disarmed while doing it. Or make Skrap invis while using his heal close to Vorax.

I agree I don't really care about Skrap either but he's still a hero in the game 😛

• 1 month later...

I've recently gotten Skrap Bone Collector avatar in a diamond chest in plinko, and I realized I only played this hero once or twice out of nearly 10k games.

Skrap is in a strange spot currently. I don't think he's a good support, I think many other supports do the job much better than he does. From what I've seen - from the players that do play Skrap - they play him well in the mid-lane, using Vorax as a secondary farming tool to clear out empty lanes, or early pushing T1 towers.

The whole "Use Vorax as a pushing mechanic" thing doesn't seem to work too well in games in general, from my experience, as at some point enemies are simply strong enough to farm Vorax without him being able to contest them. Especially when they get at least a one minute notice of Vorax's arrival so they can prepare in advance. I just don't think Vorax has really any chance of doing any real impact on the game most of the times when I see Skrap in play.

So it made me think - and come up with a few suggestions that may make Skrap more interesting. First I want to point out what's alright in my opinion, then I'll point out what's not alright. 

Q. Mousetrap - his Q is fairly straightforward. Medium damage spell split into 2 stages, with a ministun + stun. Seems alright.

W. Zoomerang - Medium damage spell with slow, with a cooldown reduction component and a niche morsel collection ability. Seems alright.

E. Scavenge - In effect, this increases Skrap's experience gain + health regen. It seems like a good thing to have, however, its progression is static and stops at a too low number. 

This skill focuses on Vorax, rather than on Skrap and allies. It shows based on the skill numerical progression. Each Morsel heals Skrap/Allies for 0/10/10/10/10 HP, Vorax for 0/15/35/55/75 and grant Skrap 0/8/8/8/8/8 experience.

I think - if changing the numbers so that they will progress rather than just be exactly the same number, it would be very useful for Skrap and his team. Something in the ballpark of 0/5/10/15/20 HP per morsel, 0/4/8/12/16 experience per morsel.

R. Vorax - good concept, in theory. In reality, most of the time, Vorax will either simply die to a tower with Fortification causing minimal damage / die to an enemy hero and grant him extra gold+xp / drain all the resources on an entire lane, push it back and render it unusable for a duration, for little to no gain / cause an argument in the team between Skrap desperately pleading for his team to join him in his "push", which ends up with Skrap and an additional single teammate that joined him to die by an enemy gank - thereby followed by the carry/jungler/midder to scream at skrap for feeding.

This skill has a lot of potential, but 90% of the time that potential can not be attained. Perhaps in a tournament setting. But I think a good hero is a hero that can be both played competitively and in casual/ranked play.

In light of all this - what 2 suggestions can be made that will cause great change in a good direction for this skill, and Skrap in general?

1. Stop making Vorax visible towards the enemy team. Don't announce his spawn towards the enemy team.

I really love silent tactics, the element of surprise, confusion. Vorax is my antithesis. Everyone on the map knows - HERE IS VORAX, HE'S COMING. Suddenly this big monster turns into a teddy bear as it slowly crawls towards a tower.

Nothing can be more scarier than having vision of Vorax just when he's at your tower. It catches people off-guard, they don't know how to react, they press the wrong buttons, do the wrong moves. It creates chaos. I didn't like chaos, I liked predictability, when everything is neat and ordered. But someone I know taught me that there is a lot of beauty to chaos.

Removing the visibility of Vorax allows the team have much more variability to their plays. It also introduces an entire new aspect to playing against Skrap - you suddenly might have to ward enemy T2-T3 Towers to have a short notice before Vorax's arrival.

Just this single change can dramatically impact Skrap's gameplay. Suddenly changing focus from Vorax, towards Skrap. Skrap is the main event - the items that he attains make him stronger, and Vorax is his tool towards achieving that. Rather than the other way around.

2. Vorax becomes Enraged when damaged

Similar to Kongor, Vorax will become enraged when below a certain HP %.

When below 33% HP, Vorax will become enraged - granting him 50% armor penetration towards heroes, 80 bonus attack speed, 50% debuff and stun reduction and a 20% chance to stun an enemy hero for 1 second on autoattack, with a 2 second cooldown.

At least, those changes will make me personally want to play Skrap, despite never caring or playing that hero except when I accidentally random it, haha. Though I really couldn't care less for that hero in its current state.

Edited by Lunarios

Make SOTM for Scrap
it gives an additional ability
"Crazy Riding!"

Cast Time: 0.2 / 0.8 seconds
Target Unit     
Type - Superior Magic
Cooldown: 125 seconds

Passive-Scavenge increases the damage of Vorax. (pre 4.1.4) and enemies no longer see Vorax on the map
Active-choose a Vorax to ride it! While Skrap is riding Vorax - you can choose targets for Rock Smash (press attack), range
Zoomerang and Mousetrap increases by 500, and the attack range by 400.
At the same time, Scrap is invulnerable, but receives 5% of the damage that Vorax receives(except for the damage that he deals to himself)
Scrap can't Dismount while Vorax is Alive

Edited by SJW_LGBT
On 9/3/2021 at 1:16 AM, SJW_LGBT said:

Make SOTM for Scrap
it gives an additional ability
"Crazy Riding!"

Passive-Scavenge increases the damage of Vorax. (pre 4.1.4) and enemies no longer see Vorax on the map
Active-choose a Vorax to ride it! While Skrap is riding Vorax - you can choose targets for Rock Smash (press attack), range
Zoomerang and Mousetrap increases by 500, and the attack range by 400.
At the same time, Scrap is invulnerable, but receives 5% of the damage that Vorax receives(except for the damage that he deals to himself)
Scrap can't Dismount while Vorax is Alive

You literally took my idea from the discord server, made it completely overpowered and then posted it as your own. Good job.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, nicket said:

You literally took my idea from the discord server, made it completely overpowered and then posted it as your own. Good job.

A link to your server in the discord and a link to the post please.

• 2 months later...

Well since I mostly play Midwars I can only assess his viability in this mode. I think Scrap is perfectly fine in Midwars, since his delayed stun with Q is marking an area which enemies can't go if they don't want to get stunned is very strong if used correctly.

So Midwars-wise i don't think a change is neccessary. Maybe give him a Sotm boost but i wouldn't go further.