Wanted to take the, now, archived thread and keep the discussion going. A shame Elementuser had to close it because some people couldn't behave. 

On to the important stuff: As OP mentioned Russians are a super problem in HoN. Actually just basically anyone not from OP's country is a problem.

Suggestion: To give OP back his will to live I suggest creating servers to segregate the playerbase into countries. ex. Swedish server, Botswanian server, Belgian server etc. so that OP can only play with people whom he share a language with. 

Obviously this will require a lot more rules enforcement since it will be banable to speak any language but Flemish in the Belgian server (French speaking people from Belgium will have to probably move irl, idk.) and so on. Also this will require all spells, items etc. to be translated into different languages to not have everyone banned really fast.

Will post this in the suggestion forum as well as on my personal blog (HoNeyImHome.org) 

Looking forward to the, hopefully, constructive discussion. 

If anyone feels this violates any forum rules feel free to pm me or call me on my cellphone later when you need my help. 

Kind regards
`_support

Edited by `_support
"We don't end sentences with prepositions." Ms. Pasternak
  • Haha 1

What escapes you is that Russia is a poverty stricken mafia state where god emperor Putin is worshipped as the highest form of authority.

So while that doesn't mean being Russian in itself harms gaming communities, what does is the mentality that's prevalent amongst Russians, which is overwhelmingly sociopathic (lack of empathy - "I can do things to my advantage because your feelings don't matter to me"), low IQ ("diminishing the strength of my team is OK as long as I get dopamine hits from things that benefit me"), and ridden with superiority complex (dunning-kruger effect mixed with egotism - not experienced enough to assess correctly one's true skill, the first to blame everyone around them).

As always what matters is the percentage of bydlo brainwashed by Putin's propaganda, and whether you like it or not a meaningful chunk of that number is going to have the "Russian" label on it. Because Russia is just the kind of place that spawns that sort of person en masse.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Diabetis said:

I'm pretty sure that EU closed the topic because it's a waste of time aka not constructive and useless. So idk 😄 , but looking at the previous topics, I think that you guys have bigger issues with yourselves and your logic than the actual players who you complain about.

oh and... you're a poor troll my friend

How am I trolling, dude? Posting a legit suggestions to make the game more tolerable.

EDIT: Hope you miss me on Discord. Mr. "I can talk to girls" still has me on blockdown. 

Edited by `_support
Just now, Diabetis said:

oh that's CrkTyphoon, a discord moderator. That's a bit better troll from you.

Anyway what do you expect by making posts like these, you think that they will forbid Russian players to play on the same servers as you or... I don't understand what's the deal.

I miss you too! 

Russians were never a problem. Obviously, if you spread hatred from the start of a game people might act worse. Every game has these kind of issues. There is really no point to bring that "discussion" up over and over as there is no feasible solution. There is no benefit from country based servers. This brings large infrastructural problems aside from the problems with the playerbase and that you will never be able to find an actual game if you do that.

Scratch the bias towards other countries. It's the same with Turkish people or Latin players. I can see the hatred spread towards other nations on a daily basis. Obviously if you have to read that every single game it will not help but makes things worse.

6 minutes ago, hegelsohn said:

Russians were never a problem.

I don't know how to reply on this in a friendly manner, so I'm going to do my best. Also I always stopped myself of replying to the case. However I had multiple games where the item choices were so bad and it saddens me to say they were all Russian. They also reply in cyrrilic and ignore the fact that there are also players who aren't Russian.

I've had riftwalkers going helmet of the black legion as first item and nothing else. Andro's who go instant staff with nothing else (not even boots). I can go on and on. By doing so, you can tell them: Hey, it's not really good to build your hero this way, but A) It's already too late, the hero is already too far behind gold/item wise and B) They don't understand or they reply with the usual Russian swear words 🙂

I can agree with OP, but not in such a wide range, placing Russians on their own servers and not being able to queue EU would improve the fun of EU players by a lot. Infrastructure wise it wouldn't be a problem? I can't look into your kitchen but there are RU servers no?

If you go through silver bracket games, the amount of "inappropriate" item pickups is wide spread. This is not due to origin of the player.

There are always cases where this happens - even in higher brackets. Considering the amount of people that were banned in the past for going scout codex and play for KS only, those were not only Russian players for example but it was fairly even split.

People tend to jump on the Russian blame train. Yes, I agree the language barrier is partially a problem. But generalizing is still inappropriate. Like half of the people are considered Russian just because they do something "stupid" even tho they are not from Russia. They are just expected to be Russian even tho they are not. Russians are rather easy to identify due to their language.

I'm not saying this isnt any problem - maybe that was a bit of a too final statement - but it's nothing that can be solved. The bigger problem is peoples mindset.

HoN gotta work with the community it has. Other games e.g. Dota2 has similar issues but it works.

Edited by hegelsohn
11 hours ago, SnowBoard said:

I don't know how to reply on this in a friendly manner, so I'm going to do my best. Also I always stopped myself of replying to the case. However I had multiple games where the item choices were so bad and it saddens me to say they were all Russian. They also reply in cyrrilic and ignore the fact that there are also players who aren't Russian.

I've had riftwalkers going helmet of the black legion as first item and nothing else. Andro's who go instant staff with nothing else (not even boots). I can go on and on. By doing so, you can tell them: Hey, it's not really good to build your hero this way, but A) It's already too late, the hero is already too far behind gold/item wise and B) They don't understand or they reply with the usual Russian swear words 🙂

I can agree with OP, but not in such a wide range, placing Russians on their own servers and not being able to queue EU would improve the fun of EU players by a lot. Infrastructure wise it wouldn't be a problem? I can't look into your kitchen but there are RU servers no?

This has absolutely nothing to do with russians or player origin at all, this is a direct effect of playing at lower brackets, all i see in this thread is a bunch of kids that refuse to acknowledge their own mistakes on why they are on the bracket they are, sure there is a handicap of playing with people you cant comunicate, but the better you play and the higher you go the less of this players you will see, and everyone has them on their team so its not an excuse, if you consistently make a good impact your mmr will rise.

I'll just close this thread/topic, as the content in here seems to be very unconstructive, immature, and negative from the get-go.

Feel free to create other threads that have a more positive HoN-related agenda.