Follow comments below to see updates of new hero concepts I release and feel free to share your thoughts on them.

TOWERMASTER (Ranged Intelligence Hero)

Hero's range: 600 units

>All stats presented are presumed to be at max levels thus this hero should be presumed to be level 25.

First skill (Q) - Tower bomb

Towermaster targets an enemy unit, shooting a projectile that deals damage equal to a tower relevant to the skill's level plus his current attack damage as magic damage.

Lvl 1 Tower bomb = Lvl 1 Tower damage

Lvl 2 Tower bomb = Lvl 2 Tower damage

Lvl 3 Tower bomb = Lvl 3 Tower damage

Lvl 4 Tower bomb = Lvl 4 Tower damage

>Can also target buildings<

CD : 20 secs

Cast Range : (equal to a tower)

Second skill (W) - Strong tower

Towermaster gains attack damage, attack speed, armor, range and health equal to a tower relevant to the skill's level for 5 seconds.

CD : 40 secs

Third skill (E) - Inner wiring

[Passive]

When in range of an ally tower, Towermaster influences it to attack the same unit he attacks, also he and the tower gains 50% of damage reduction for 3 seconds.

CD : 10 secs

Fourth skill (R) - Tower mastery

Towermaster creates a tower equal to 50% of Strong tower stats but has 2 times the range and vision of an ally tower. This skill lasts up to 12 seconds.

>Cannot target buildings<

CD : 110 secs

Cast Range : 600 units

Signed: exfirer aka Gazanerd

Edited by exfirer

Defensive heroes don't have much of a place in HoN, unlike a heavy objective-focused game called Heroes of the Storm. Even then, Probius isn't great on every map, even if every map has objectives. 

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1

MerryHONmas, the ratio of damage taken by Towermaster while Strong tower is active is 1:1. Which means that when his stats return to normal his health should reflect the appropriate amount. This also means that whatever his health is before activating this skill will be appropriately reflected when his stats change to that of a tower.

I do have 8 other hero concepts stored but I’ve decided to release them over a period of time. I was advised to share them in this forum. Thanks for the comments and I look forward to more as I do consider them as part of a means to improve my concepts.

>Someone I know suggested that one of Towermaster’s skills should affect the enemy tower in some way which I considered while creating him but I thought it would have made him too overpowered. What are your thoughts?

i am still confused. does that mean if he had 600 hp and activates it and he now has 2600 hp, then loses 700 hp and skill ends he now dies? or is at 1 hp cause it is non lethal? or would hp translate as it usually would on a ratio basis?

regardless tho i am not sure where you would ever play that hero really after early game is over. he might be able to apply insane amounts of pressure at level 5-7 for maybe 6-8 seconds at a time but after that... he will be entirely useless.

and i rather pick any thing else that has the same spike but better scaling.

also i dont fully understand what you are referring to a "tower respectively to your level".

spacer.png

His health could be worked out using ratio or percentage; whichever leads to a more accurate and balanced result.

MerryHONmas, Tier 1 through 4 towers all have different stats.
The damage etc. increases as the tiers get higher (unless they changed it and made it standard throughout). I was trying to explain that :-

Lvl 1 Strong tower = Tier 1 tower

Lvl 2 Strong tower = Tier 2 tower

Lvl 3 Strong tower = Tier 2 tower 

Lvl 4 Strong tower = Tier 4 tower

>same applies for Towermaster’s Q (1st skill) & R (4th skill)<

Posted (edited)

I considered what was said and made some changes. Feel free to let me know if the changes made were improvements or not. Thank you.

TOWERMASTER (Reworked)

Hero Stats

Health : 502

Dmg : 46 - 50

Mana : 366

Armor : 2.1

Advanced Hero Stats

Strength : 16 (+1.8)

Intelligence : 26 (+2.4)

Agility : 18 (+1.5)

First skill (Q) - Tower bomb
Towermaster targets an enemy unit shooting a projectile that deals damage equal to a tower relevant to its level plus his current attack damage as magic damage. 
>Can also target buildings<
CD : 21/20/19/18 secs
Range : (equal to a tower)

Mana : 100/150/180/220

Second skill (W) - Recalibration 
Either (W) ~
When in range of an ally tower, Towermaster doubles its attack speed for 3 seconds.
Or (E) ~
When in range of an enemy tower, Towermaster disarms it for 3 seconds.

>Both shares the same cooldown<
CD : 45/45/40/30 secs

Mana : 85/95/105/120

Third skill - Inner rewiring
[Passive]
When in range of an ally tower, Towermaster has a 10/20/30/40% chance to influence it to attack the same unit he attacks and a 30% chance to instantly regain 40% of health lost in the last 2 seconds.
CD : 30 secs

Fourth skill (R) - Tower Mastery
Towermaster targets a location to create a tower equal to 50/55/60% of a tier 2/3/4 tower stats but has 2 times the range and vision. This skill lasts up to 12 seconds.
CD : 60 secs
Range : 600 units

Mana : 180/240/300

Edited by exfirer
7 hours ago, exfirer said:

I do have 8 other hero concepts stored but I’ve decided to release them over a period of time. I was advised to share them in this forum. Thanks for the comments and I look forward to more as I do consider them as part of a means to improve my concepts.

Can't wait to see another hero concept of yours.

As for the hero you proposed on this thread, I leave my case to people's opinions here. 

• Like 1

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Posted (edited)

I am sharing 2 new hero concepts this time because their stories are linked. Please note that I only used my discretion when deciding on stats, so it would be expected that some of the skills may come off as overpowered or underpowered. That being said the concept should be the focus point also some heroes may not seem very original and others may, I just work with what is in my head. -This goes for all my new hero concepts-

Lapidaria was an average human living on Newerth but over time she gained an interest in the war between the Legion and Hellbourne, rather, she gained a passion for ending it. In her quest for new powers she happened upon the ancient art of alchemy and thus she created various jewels imbued with different magical properties. This great achievement gained her recognition from King Jeraziah and the name “Lapidaria The Jewess”. He granted her a position in his army and gifted her one of his legendary Sol armor which she used with the help of her glorious alchemy skills to create “Sentinel”, a being believed to have no soul thus no will of its own......they were wrong.

Over time Sentinel inherited Lapidaria’s fiery passion to end the war and became consumed by his desires thus giving birth to “Invictus, he who is unbeatable”. He defected from the Legion having found a suitable position in the Hellbourne where he can conquer as many enemies on the battlefield as he so desires.

Lapidaria the Jewess (Ranged Intelligence hero)

Hero’s Range : 600 units

Hero Stats

Health : 462

Dmg : 53 - 59

Mana : 300

Armor : 1.6

Advanced Hero Stats

Strength : 17 (+2.0)

Intelligence : 25 (+2.8)

Agility : 13 (+1.4)

First skill (Q) - Piezoelectric beam

Lapidaria harnesses energy from her crystals to release an instant burst of energy forward that breaks up into smaller energy balls in a bell shaped pattern and damages any enemy heroes hit. Each energy ball deals a minimum of 50 magic damage.

CD: 20/17/15/12 secs

Dmg: 150/185/200/220 magic

Cast Range: 300 units

Mana : 80/140/165/200

Second skill (W) - Alchemical reaction

Lapidaria throws up a concoction that when in contact with the air, reacts to form a crystal that falls and remains on the map indefinitely, dealing 20 magic damage to any enemy heroes within 100 unit radius around the falling crystal and applies a 3 second slow if the enemy is hit for the first time or every 25/20/15/10 seconds.

Maximum of 6 crystals can remain on the map and disappears if Lapidaria dies.

CD: 3/3/2/2 secs

Dmg: 20 magic

Cast Range: 1000/1200/1300/1500 units

Mana : 25/40/65/80

Third skill (E) - Piezoelectric anomalie 

[Passive >can be activated<]

For each crystal in rangeLapidaria harnesses energy, healing herself 1/2/4/5 hp per second plus adding 1/1/2/2 magical and physical armor.

If Lapidaria actives this skill, she instantly consumes a maximum of 3 crystals in a 2000 unit radius healing herself for 100/150/200/200 hp for each crystal consumed and loses both her magical and physical armor for the cool down duration.

CD: 20 secs

Cast Range: 2000 units

Mana : 100/120/130/150

Fourth skill (R) - Amethyst Embrace

[First activation]

Lapidaria instantly summons all crystals currently on the map within 400 radius around herself; activating a damage immunity buff to herself and all ally heroes within the area for 1 second and applying all the effects of the current level of Alchemical reaction to any enemy heroes hit.

She can activate this skill again within 3 seconds after the immunity buff ends.

[Second activation]

Lapidaria actives this skill again to reverse the flow of energy from herself to all crystals in range, dealing 100 hp in damage to herself and destabilizing the crystals causing them to explode dealing 250/300/350 magical damage to any enemy units within 100/200/200 unit radius of each crystal.

This skill consumes all crystals on the map.

CD: 150/130/120 secs

Cast Range : (Lapidaria’s current position)

Mana : 180/225/280

Invictus (Melee Strength hero)

Hero Stats
Health : 569

Dmg : 47 - 57

Mana : 214

Armor : 3.5

Advanced Hero Stats
Strength : 20 (+2.2)

Intelligence : 16 (+1.8)

Agility : 18 (+1.8)

First skill (Q) - Victory Charge

This skill has an outer AOE of 100/200/200/300 units.

*Armor mode*

Invictus activates his mobility crystal, charging in a targeted direction knocking aside all enemy heroes hit, dealing 150/200/250/300 magic damage and applying a mini-stun, also dealing an additional 50 magic damage to enemies knocked into the outer AOE.

*Energy mode*

He charges in a targeted direction and passes through all enemy heroes dealing 200/250/300/350 magic damage and stunning for 2 seconds. Outer AOE deals 50 magic damage to all enemy heroes in range.

CD: 15/14/13/12 secs

Cast Range : 600 units

Mana : 60/80/100/120

Second skill (W) - Aegis Invictus

*Armor mode [Passive]*

Gains 6/7/8/10 magic armor.

*Energy mode [Activatable]*

Invictus activates his defense crystal to gain 14 magic armor for 4/5/6/6 seconds.

CD: 11/11/10/9 secs

Mana : 50/65/80/95

Third skill (E) - Sol's Warmth 

*Armor mode [Passive]*

Gains 5/10/15/20 health regeneration 

*Energy mode*

Invictus activates his healing crystal to gain 20/20/30/30% of his max health over a duration of 5.5/5/4/3 seconds.

CD: 11 secs

Mana : 45/60/75/90

Fourth skill (R) - Invictus' Release (Available at Lvl 4)

*First activation (Energy mode)*

Invictus activates his core crystal to switch from armor mode to energy mode by dropping his armor.

> -2 physical armor at all levels 

> gains 20/40/60 attack damage

> true damage and 1.5x crit every 11/9/7 seconds

*Second activation (Armor mode)*

He activates his core crystal to switch from energy mode to armor mode.

> +10/15/20 movement speed

> recalls his 4 part armor from it's last position, passing over all trees, cliffs and buildings, dealing 30/40/50 mixed damage per part to all units hit along the way.

CD: 5/4/3 secs

Cast Range : Global

Mana : 25/35/45

Signed exfirer aka Gazanerd

Edited by exfirer

Hello there, Gazanerd. Let me post some hero ideas from our fellow HoN forum user so you could add additional info on your proposed hero(es) because I find your idea still touches on surface level on explanation:

Actually I haven't asked his permission to share this but I think he'd be happy if you drop your comment there if you happen visiting his thread.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...