10v10 mode and bigger map + neutral items.

Hey!

I'm a long time MOBA fan and enthusiast.

Can we get a 10v10 map (so at least 2x the size of forests of Caldevar) with more objectives, neutrals etc.

Also can we get neutral items?

I would love to help develop it.

Anyways i think it's time to make things bigger and bolder and go further than the other MOBA's.

Also we used to have casual mode (easier exp, more gold, faster games), can we maybe get a more intense mode?

Less gold. Less exp,  more game time? I wouldnt mind playing a 2 hour game if it was really good.

I just think we need to push the envelop here and get to the next level of MOBA gaming.

Please let me know what you think and if in any way I can help or assist, crowd funding, developing etc.

Kind regards,

Yoshi M. Teters.

AkA DjuKeD

Edited by DjuKeD

Just wanna add: More complexity, more depth and more is just more and better. People will get around to learn and master new concept's and complexity's and all in all will enjoy the game more is my believe.

3 minutes ago, DjuKeD said:

Also we used to have casual mode (easier exp, more gold, faster games), can we maybe get a more intense mode?

There has always been that option in public games. The option is called hardcore iirc and contains the following changes:
1. You do not get any experience if a creep is denied
2. You do not get any gold per minute, you have to last hit creeps
3. If a tower is denied, the enemy team gets zero gold

• Like 1

Yeah, fair point and thats great, but shouldn't HoN in its current state aim more at the more hardcore niche? instead of keeping it in the public game thingy and having it as a semi obscure option wouldnt it be cooler if it was the new ranked?

Do you want this to be an extra matchmaking feature? Cuz that's not gonna happen i guess, it would split queues and also they are currently having issues with servers ddos protections, I doubt they will implement a 10v10 game

Edited by Mr`Cactus
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, DjuKeD said:

It was but they removed their post.

What did the post talk about anyway?

• Like 1

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

4 minutes ago, datfizh said:

What did the post talk about anyway?

Something about hosting games and connections and servers. That 5v5 is optimal or something. But if theres battle royale games with 250 players im sure we can have mobas with 10 or even 50 players.

1 minute ago, DjuKeD said:

Something about hosting games and connections and servers. That 5v5 is optimal or something. But if theres battle royale games with 250 players im sure we can have mobas with 10 or even 50 players.

Did you mean this post?

Anyway, have Dota 2 already done what you suggest? Why did you ask HoN to do the same?

• Like 1

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

3 hours ago, Mr`Cactus said:

Do you want this to be an extra matchmaking feature? Cuz that's not gonna happen i guess, it would split queues and also they are currently having issues with servers ddos protections, I doubt they will implement a 10v10 game

Doubt as you will, I think its a great idea for the evolution of mobas. Bigger map. more objectives, more players more CHAOS!!!

9 minutes ago, datfizh said:

Did you mean this post?

Anyway, have Dota 2 already done what you suggest? Why did you ask HoN to do the same?

I didn't mean that post, it was a post in this topic but it's removed now.

Dota 2 has done it and I love it. It adds another layer of depth and complexity to the game and is really cool. I do think it would also be awesome for HoN.

1 minute ago, DjuKeD said:

I didn't mean that post, it was a post in this topic but it's removed now.

Dota 2 has done it and I love it. It adds another layer of depth and complexity to the game and is really cool. I do think it would also be awesome for HoN.

Have you invited yourself to HoN Official Discord? Here's the link in case you haven't: http://heroesofnewerth.com/discord

Try sharing what you want to discuss on HoN Discord because it is more active than this forum I believe. Good luck.

First: The post didn't get deleted, but edited. Mr`Cactus changed his post which made DjuKeDs post strange.
Second: You can't delete posts yourself, you have to ask a moderator to do it for you. Just report your own post, and ask us to remove it, and we will do that (there's no penalty or anything for reporting a post, it just notifies moderators). Of course it prevents confusion if you also edit the post to be (nearly) empty, since we might need some time before one of us is active.

Third:  

14 hours ago, DjuKeD said:

Yeah, fair point and thats great, but shouldn't HoN in its current state aim more at the more hardcore niche? instead of keeping it in the public game thingy and having it as a semi obscure option wouldnt it be cooler if it was the new ranked?

I was always a fan of hardcore mode, however it does have a big impact on games. Basically you do no longer have a chance for comebacks at all.
If you loose a lane, you get no gold and no experience - so you might end up level 1 with starting items after 10 minutes on two heroes - while the enemy team developed normally.
Right now even a bad player can get some levels and some gold and join the game. He might not be the most useful, but at least he has an option to learn and participate instead of being hopelessly underleveled and having zero items.
you wouldn't even have to fight of suicides, just deny all the creeps and don't let them last hit, they'll stay 1 forever and not get any gold for consumables, boots, bottle or chalice. Supports without Orb Of Samoz are basically prevented from getting any gold at all as well (I usually end my support games with between 10 and 20 creep kills).

I'm sure it's playable, but it has problems:
1. You do need very equal opponents as the stomp-potential is increased by a lot.
2. Even if one team is far superior, they'll still struggle to get similar GPM as right now, which is why even stomp games will take more time unless they are conceded
3. There's basically no way new players learn the game with hardcore mode. Having to play at level 1 and not buying any items for the first 10 games is really not teaching you much about a hero
4. Balance would get a hit and a lot would require rebalancing

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

First: The post didn't get deleted, but edited. Mr`Cactus changed his post which made DjuKeDs post strange.
Second: You can't delete posts yourself, you have to ask a moderator to do it for you. Just report your own post, and ask us to remove it, and we will do that (there's no penalty or anything for reporting a post, it just notifies moderators). Of course it prevents confusion if you also edit the post to be (nearly) empty, since we might need some time before one of us is active.

Thanks for this makes sense!

33 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

I'm sure it's playable, but it has problems:
1. You do need very equal opponents as the stomp-potential is increased by a lot.
2. Even if one team is far superior, they'll still struggle to get similar GPM as right now, which is why even stomp games will take more time unless they are conceded
3. There's basically no way new players learn the game with hardcore mode. Having to play at level 1 and not buying any items for the first 10 games is really not teaching you much about a hero
4. Balance would get a hit and a lot would require rebalancing

Yeah maybe something in between this, maybe less gold and exp per creep like 50%, I'm just curious to see how it would influence the game if the game is stretched out to 1.5 / 2 hours. it feels like more of an investment of your time and since gamers these days tend to go for multiple games why not just have one very long and satisfying game was my reasoning.

Just to remind everyone, we are lucky FB still has omney to maintain the game and do fixes (including visuals) and balance changes.
something like this would have made sense to be proposed 4-5 years ago when HoN still was under active development and had more resources. but even back then i doubt it would have had enough to do anything on a scale remotely like that.
it would have required an entirely new developed map. new items. new hero balancing and what not else.

wouldn't have happened back then and sure as hell not gonna happen anymore 😕

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Yeah, this is why I offered to do some crowdfunding or fundraising.

I'm very invested in HoN personally and i'm not in and of a mind to let it slide into oblivion.

I don't think HoN needs to die out and I think the state the game is in right now is a very good one, it's way more fun than LoL or Dota 2 the only "problem" is that it's not "mainstream" and misses the revenue stream of a big(ger) player base.

Hence my idea to reinvent it in a way and doing something no one else has done to attract new players and reinvent the game (not the essence or gameplay because I love it how it is) and genre as a whole.

Regards.

Edited by DjuKeD

This likely gonna cost 10-20 thousand us dollars if not easily more... likely more particularly since you need new servers aswell and i am not even sure if what already exists in terms of technology that has been developed for hon would even be handle anything of that sort.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MerryHONmas said:

This likely gonna cost 10-20 thousand us dollars if not easily more... likely more particularly since you need new servers aswell and i am not even sure if what already exists in terms of technology that has been developed for hon would even be handle anything of that sort.

@ElementUser 

Sounds very do-able,  I feel confident I can scrounge 50k at least 25k together for the re-inventing of MOBA's with a 10v10 mode.

Edited by DjuKeD
6 minutes ago, DjuKeD said:

@ElementUser 

Sounds very do-able,  I feel confident I can scrounge 50k at least 25k together for the re-inventing of MOBA's with a 10v10 mode.

Also I'd like to add. I dont think the game needs to be rebalanced. just a bigger map more objectives and neutrals and just start balancing and tweaking from there.

1 hour ago, DjuKeD said:

Also I'd like to add. I dont think the game needs to be rebalanced. just a bigger map more objectives and neutrals and just start balancing and tweaking from there.

bigger map and more objectives REQUIRE rebalancing because a large part of items and heroes are not balanced for anything on a larger scale and be it only ability or item cast ranges.
and how you think you gonna scrounge 25-50k?
just out of curiousity.

• Like 1