Just some words of appreciation

I remember my first game in Heroes of Newerth. My friend told me "Hey man listen there's this cool new game that came out and I have a beta key for you". I was like - ok let's give it a shot; so I chose Deadwood - and got completely owned. But you know what? I didn't really care. I didn't care because I could walk through the god damn trees. I was a giant undead tree, walking through trees - and that was my first experience in HoN, and the reason I kept coming back ever since.

Most of the time we don't think about it, but we should stop from time to time to appreciate the beauty that is in front of us. A game that was created, that no other game could evoke the same sensation this game does - that's why we're here today; that's why you are here in this forum, even if you are just passing by. 

The amount of talent, the artistic freedom and skill, the work put by many professionals over the years. The map art, hero art, voice and sound design, alternative avatar art - We have a Samuel Jackson and Miku Announcers - no other MOBA in the industry even compares to that! The diversity. Whether you like it or not - the game includes one of the most diverse communities there are, accounting for many different nationalities - almost as many as there are heroes and avatars.

The community has its many flaws, I will be direct. The experience for a newcomer or an old-timer alike might be good, and it might be extremely harsh. People that don't want to pass CC vote, people that want to pass too early, Trash-talking, griefing, etc. But you know what? Those people keep going. They never stop. If there's something special about HoN players - it's their inhuman ability to never give up on their goals (whether the goal is to win or to trash-talk). In fact, I'm pretty confident that many players won't pass the CC vote even if the KGB was ripping out their toenails real-time. I'll even take it one step further and say if there was ever an alien invasion unto Earth I'd trust my life in no one else but HoN players; I'm entirely confident they would beat the aliens even while griefing each other.

That's what I choose to talk about today. The beauty and the ugly. The reason we're all still here. I fully believe that money is not the most important thing in this world - there may be games with huge tournaments and huge prize pools, huge production budgets, etc. But there won't be a game like this ever again, no matter how much money is poured into making one. It's impossible to re-create a timeless relic. 

So, please - make the best of every moment, because I'm sure - you will look back and remember these moments, and hopefully cherish them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Ah, yes. Diversity is our strength! Spoken on a forum with 5 people on it. My heart has truly been embiggened to pour my soul into battling bydlo on a daily basis. I mean, being malicious and refusing to cc, but still doing the basic minimum not to get banned and get your dopamine hits can be considered trying to win, right? Right? Griefers can be a good thing after all. All thanks to the power of diversity, which keeps us going.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:28 AM, twoscoopsREE said:

Ah, yes. Diversity is our strength! Spoken on a forum with 5 people on it. My heart has truly been embiggened to pour my soul into battling bydlo on a daily basis. I mean, being malicious and refusing to cc, but still doing the basic minimum not to get banned and get your dopamine hits can be considered trying to win, right? Right? Griefers can be a good thing after all. All thanks to the power of diversity, which keeps us going.

Don't worry. We love you too!

Ill never forget the ass whoopins playing only arach and moonqueen back in 2010. I love how this forum talks so negatively on grievers and trash talkers but I am pretty sure we've all done it. Screw a CC when its the only game Im playing for the day. Play like a man Die like a man.   

4 hours ago, `Geminai said:

great post to hide that troll in game persona of yours

I do my best every day to be the better version of myself that I wasn't yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1