Really struggling to see which is an illusion and which is real.

Is there any graphical setting I can use to increase the difference between the illusions and the real character?

I find it incredibly hard to see the difference, I know there are minor color differences but its a bit too minor for me.

Or perhaps a mod that alters this?

Not sure if you are being serious or not.. but, just in case..

I am referring to when I have control of illusions, geometers bane, circe, etc.

I struggle to tell which is an illusion and which is my actual character.

4 hours ago, daegog said:

Not sure if you are being serious or not.. but, just in case..

I'm pretty sure he was serious since I was confused as well 😉.

As for the "suggestion" (there's a Suggestion sub-forum btw), I agree: it's pretty hard to tell. Basically I'm always just tabbing through the units to see it in the UI. However there were numerous times where an ally died because he tried to safe my illusion 😅.

Seeing whether some ally is an illusion or not in the actual game would be a big improvement.
I guess it could be modded, but it might be unfair (and you can't mod your allies' games) - but afaik it would be allowed.

unknown.png?width=824&height=676

What do you think about this? One of the most difficult heroes to get an effect look "right" on is Andromeda because of her extra visual effects and her unique model properties (and it's really hard to tell the difference on retail).

Retail:

unknown.png

Notice how much harder it is to see these.

But yes let me know what you think.

Also, before anyone asks: these visual effects do not display if you are an enemy of the heroes with illusions (just like on retail).

Edited by ElementUser

That looks way better. Only Andromeda is still really hard to tell.

Maybe you could add an indication which isn't dependent on the model. Something like a glowing colored circle at the ground.
I guess that also gets slightly less visible if the model is big, but if it's done as an addition to the transparency increase.

Press left mouse key to drag a square around your hero at 1 second into the game.

Let go of mouse key and press ctrl+5

Press random tower then the key "5" on your keyboard to check that you have successfully bound and chosen your hero.

Profit? 

This helps with illusions, slither wards, polly wards and a lot of other things. 

For me, also the easiest thing to do is giving the bottom circle a different color. Easier in a sense that visual effects on heroes are irrelevant and it's easy to distinguish regardless of what hero/avatar you play.

On 3/28/2021 at 9:21 PM, Whyzozerious said:

pM37aXK.jpg

Here's my attempt. Let me know if you guys like this or not

This is actually amazing. Would you be able to add a blue'ish glow underneath the illusions too? And how does Andromeda look with this?