Sol's Bulwark and Daemonic Breastplate Proposed Change

Sol's Bulwark

• Renamed into Sol's Crest
  • Components: Warpcleft (1800g) + Recipe (250g) = 2050 gold
  • Stats: 45 attack speed
  • Active: grants 75% attack speed reduction resistance to self for 6 seconds (has 35 seconds cooldown)

Daemonic Breastplate

Proposed 1

• Components: Helm of the Black Legion (2175g) + Platemail (1400g) + Recipe (925g) = 4500 gold
  • Stats: 250 health + 10 armor + 6 health regeneration + 50% chance of 80 (40 to ranged user) deflection
  • Passive: -4 armor aura & -20% base attack damage to enemy in 900 radius to self
  • Active: Doubles the armor & damage reduction aura for 15 seconds (has 25 seconds cooldown)

Proposed 2

• Components: Platemail (1400g) x 2 + Helm of the Victim (900g) + Recipe (900g) = 4600 gold 
  • Stats: 5 health regeneration + 25 armor
  • Passive: -4 armor aura & -20% base attack damage to enemy in 900 radius to self
  • Active: Grants an aura to reduce armor to self and enemies in 900 radius to self by 5 (toggle with 0.5 second switch cooldown)

Thought Process:

• Sol's change is proposed to make Shieldbreaker as least favorable armor reduction item to current state of the game having less competitor.
    • So Shieldbreaker will be only scaling item in term of armor reduction because currently Sol's Bulwark acts as transition item to be later upgraded into Daemonic Breastplate, competing Shieldbreaker as scaling item.
  • Sol's change is proposed as reminiscent early iteration of Hypercrown, an item granting raw attack speed.
  • Sol's proposed change may overlap Energizer but similar goes to Sol's and Lex currently.
  • Daemonic change is proposed to compensate Sol's proposed change and keep its utility as late-game armor reduction item.
  • Components change of Daemonic on proposed 1 adds favorability to Helm of the Black Legion as item choice, in addition of sustainability measure because of proposed aura change.
  • Components change of Daemonic on proposed 2 is a sustainability measure because of proposed aura change, in addition to make it less a favorable item to all type of roles.
  • Daemonic change on aura is proposed to primarily weaken Agility heroes besides other heroes as well so it will fulfill its purpose as late-game item when agility heroes shine at that stage of the game.
    • Strength heroes still have high HP in term of survivability and intelligence heroes still have spell damage in term of offense so they're not weakened as much as Agility heroes.

OOT: I'm fairly sure everyone might have different opinion regarding this proposed change, so feel free to express your opinion by giving the reply to this thread.

Bonus:

Spoiler

Besides current state of Energizer, there is proposed change:

• Recipe cost is changed to 735g (Total cost is changed to 1900g)
  • Attack speed is replaced with 25% armor penetration + True Strike to non-hero ally's attack.

Thought Process:

• Standardized item cost to ally-affecting with few changes to justify the price.
  • Differing the item qualification from one item to another.

Edited by datfizh
Editing Bonus (Energizer)

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

I am actually quite in favour of this with the only exception being that Helm is part of Daemonic.
Will just lead to helm becoming one of the all around items to pickup on any hero including carries again. And I am not sure the game at this point needs something like that pluse that the item does not really offer anything up until that point that would make any factual sense for it to be part of this build.
In fact I would actually be quite in favour for a different Helm upgrade altogether so you can decide whether you want Ulthors Heavy Helm or something else that gives different benefits, would make the game a lot richer and probably give different heroes better transitions.
But I do not think that Helm should go into Daemonic, that would make helm way too powerful simply because of it's upgrade.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

I am actually quite in favour of this with the only exception being that Helm is part of Daemonic.
Will just lead to helm becoming one of the all around items to pickup on any hero including carries again. And I am not sure the game at this point needs something like that pluse that the item does not really offer anything up until that point that would make any factual sense for it to be part of this build.
In fact I would actually be quite in favour for a different Helm upgrade altogether so you can decide whether you want Ulthors Heavy Helm or something else that gives different benefits, would make the game a lot richer and probably give different heroes better transitions.
But I do not think that Helm should go into Daemonic, that would make helm way too powerful simply because of it's upgrade.

Hello there, thanks for the feedback.

I agree with your thought about Helm will be problematic as a component for Daemonic Breastplate but I have no idea of any component good enough to be the part of this proposed Daemonic Breastplate fitting with given reason of my initial thought process.

Actually I wanted to choose Axe of Malphai at first as the component before going on Helm but I found out Axe of Malphai's line of items already on same amount as its counterpart (Dancing Blade & Acolyte Staff) so I decided to replace it with Helm because Helm currently has 1 upgrade and it fits with given reason of my initial thought process. So, if you have any suggestion in mind to replace Helm, feel free to post here.

Speaking about your concern about Helm's upgrade variant, let me show you my proposed upgrade of Helm:

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:

Thanks for the idea given, I've added your idea on main topic.