4.9.2 - Pre-patch discussion

4 hours ago, Diabetis said:

I wouldn't say that Circe's main reason to be picked is to ulti and takeover an opponent. I'd personally pick her for the reason of split pushing with illusions (or to scout) and that's her main strenght, which got relatively heavy hit by the mana cost nerf.

Sure Circe is an int hero... but that only shows later on, that she can manage her mana better than others. In the early game - it's not a problem because you wouldn't spam your W anyway. But in midgame, if you do spam W, you are left with no mana for other spells. I don't think old 65 mana on lvl 4 W was fair, but 90 aint either. 

It could sound like a minor issue to people who never play the hero and are only watching others play it... but trust me, from a certain point in midgame, until a certain point... Circe can't do anything any longer

Thanks for youri input DIabetis , sounds right . Appreciated .

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perfect patch!   - Stupid Artierlly nerfed (hero adds nothing to the game besides turtling and hiding) - Ardenaline nerf (Hero was banned permanetly. Ppl abused him to smurf up to legen

Official Patch Notes link:    I am trying something new this time - I released the patch notes a little earlier so that players have roughly 2 days (until March 24, 2021 at say, roughly 7pm

4.9.0 Lets give Flint truestrike aura so he got bullied for bying savage mace, because "herp, derp, why did you get it? you already have true strike!111" 4.9.2 Ok, lets nerf hell out the Flint. Ta

Circe needs to be able to spam her illusions, that's kind of the point of the hero. If she cannot spam illusions there's like, no reason to pick her; conversely it is (used to be?) possible to distinguish between the skill level of the Circe player based on how many illusions they have on the map at any time.

We will see how substantial the nerf is. I personally predict it is substantial if she needs more than Ring of Sorcery to upkeep her illusions on the map, not that important otherwise. 

19 minutes ago, Sorais said:

Circe needs to be able to spam her illusions, that's kind of the point of the hero. If she cannot spam illusions there's like, no reason to pick her; conversely it is (used to be?) possible to distinguish between the skill level of the Circe player based on how many illusions they have on the map at any time.

We will see how substantial the nerf is. I personally predict it is substantial if she needs more than Ring of Sorcery to upkeep her illusions on the map, not that important otherwise. 

Thanks for your input . And I totally agree with u. So glad to hear that u think the same of the hero , u get the concept .I tested it out yesterday , for me as a support player it was not sustainable anymore . I needed like double the mana regen items wich i surely cant afford any time soon, and it takes gold away to support my team with wards and other items . After a couple of games i basicly was forced to spent skill points in other abilities or even stats because it was not sustainable at all . 

I think the artillery nerf was on point. The main problem I had with him was that during early game, on 1v1s in lane by just autoattacking vs Artillery's LRM, he would win like 90% of those fights. Still helps out with Artillery vs Suicide. You don't need the support to box out when the Artillery can snipe them away with LRM. What I meant with before was that he dealt too much damage with his LRM, which is kinda strange how a carry can be so strong earlygame when carries are supposed to shine later in the game.