Jump to content

4.9.2 - Pre-patch discussion


Recommended Posts

About frost wolf changes i think it is too much op for 1 sec of root it will be better if there was a 3 sec reveal instead of that root. It will allow enemy to react on sudden attack and people to track invisible heroes

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perfect patch!   - Stupid Artierlly nerfed (hero adds nothing to the game besides turtling and hiding) - Ardenaline nerf (Hero was banned permanetly. Ppl abused him to smurf up to legen

Official Patch Notes link:    I am trying something new this time - I released the patch notes a little earlier so that players have roughly 2 days (until March 24, 2021 at say, roughly 7pm

4.9.0 Lets give Flint truestrike aura so he got bullied for bying savage mace, because "herp, derp, why did you get it? you already have true strike!111" 4.9.2 Ok, lets nerf hell out the Flint. Ta

On 3/25/2021 at 8:03 PM, ElementUser said:

Perhaps in the future on a per-hero basis. I've already locked the patch in & I'm not making any more changes if I can help it.

Eh, will Kraken also get same treatment? I think both Klanx and Kraken share similar issue.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ElementUser Why did u change the visual on Circe's illusions aswel ? I wonder how shes is gonna be the decieving hero when her illusions look like no ghosts now... Or is it something only allies withness and the illusions seem like a real hero to the enemy team ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Venniie said:

@ElementUser Why did u change the visual on Circe's illusions aswel ? I wonder how shes is gonna be the decieving hero when her illusions look like no ghosts now... Or is it something only allies withness and the illusions seem like a real hero to the enemy team ?

The patch notes mention that the illusion visual only shows for allies & that no change will be seen by the enemies.

All of this is explicitly mentioned.

Edited by ElementUser
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

The patch notes mention that the illusion visual only shows for allies & that no change will be seen by the enemies.

All of this is explicitly mentioned.

Excuses i see it , my mistake , i havent read all the additional changes , only the original primairly posted . Thanks for letting me know .

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mr`Cactus said:

I think the parasite change on W might be a little bit too strong atm, also you get gold/exp from allied creeps as well. 

We know this & it has been discussed before. It is all 100% intentional. We don't think it's too strong at the time when we had the discussion. Time will tell.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ElementUser Sorry to bother u again ,specially after my panic attack from last post 😓 . But Is it possoible to revert the mana cost changes  on Circe? I know that i was exited first . But the uphill scaling makes it pretty impossible to keep up the mana with making the illusions . Specially as a support , were gold income is scarce , i need allot of mana regen ,early on to play the decievement/illusion game . Wich is pretty much what the hero is about . But not for me , but for Circe herself . All the latest patches have been a downstream cascade for her( not being able to attack buildings unless in range , cd increase on doppelganger) , and she doesnt diserve this.. Shes so unique 😥, brought alive by HoN only . I hope u can find some truth to this and give her back some of her power . Kind Regards✌️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Venniie said:

@ElementUser Sorry to bother u again ,specially after my panic attack from last post 😓 . But Is it possoible to revert the mana cost changes  on Circe? I know that i was exited first . But the uphill scaling makes it pretty impossible to keep up the mana with making the illusions . Specially as a support , were gold income is scarce , i need allot of mana regen ,early on to play the decievement/illusion game . Wich is pretty much what the hero is about . But not for me , but for Circe herself . All the latest patches have been a downstream cascade for her( not being able to attack buildings unless in range , cd increase on doppelganger) , and she doesnt diserve this.. Shes so unique 😥, brought alive by HoN only . I hope u can find some truth to this and give her back some of her power . Kind Regards✌️ 

She's an intelligence hero.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Venniie said:

And ? Im not quite following your reasoning .

Intelligence heroes naturally have more mana than other heroes (particularly with their item builds). 

I am also hinting that you're not supposed to spam your illusions if you don't have the sustain for your mana to do so. Itemize for it or manage your mana better. There's no excuse as an int hero. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

Intelligence heroes naturally have more mana than other heroes (particularly with their item builds). 

I am also hinting that you're not supposed to spam your illusions if you don't have the sustain for your mana to do so. Itemize for it or manage your mana better. There's no excuse as an int hero. 

So u hate the design ? You are awfully hard biased to your personal preferences about the hero design . Comming acros that u dont like it , since the illusion spam is her form of mana spamming spells like so many other heroes of theirs . She lacks dps and her ult is easly interupted . Deceivement tactics is how the hero rolls . You dont even support your change , on why u changed this . U did so with most overplayed heroes though . . So theres like no evidence supporting your claims , only bias . If u pull some statistics out from Circe , u will see there has been a myriad of changes (nerfs) to her design for all patches even before 4.0 believe . Yet her win/loss ratio is as balanced as majority of heroes u nerf or buff .Always on the downside of the most heroes place , falling last reguarly . And now this change ? After how many years after she has been released ? U decided out of thin air , "the illusion hero cant make as much illusions anymore unless shes got amazing farm like a mid or carry player ahs to sustain it" . And u cannot adhere to give her back some of her power ? But when a guy cant differentiate illusions of his own team ,wich btw has been like this forever , u decided to throw it in quick ? Sweet bias lord . And here i thought the management actually listened to their loyal players now . But u have that seleced bias hearing then . Only specific things , with no support from statistics , only opinions .

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

40 minutes ago, Venniie said:

So u hate the design ? You are awfully hard biased to your personal preferences about the hero design . Comming acros that u dont like it , since the illusion spam is her form of mana spamming spells like so many other heroes of theirs . She lacks dps and her ult is easly interupted . Deceivement tactics is how the hero rolls . You dont even support your change , on why u changed this . U did so with most overplayed heroes though . . So theres like no evidence supporting your claims , only bias . If u pull some statistics out from Circe , u will see there has been a myriad of changes (nerfs) to her design for all patches even before 4.0 believe . Yet her win/loss ratio is as balanced as majority of heroes u nerf or buff .Always on the downside of the most heroes place , falling last reguarly . And now this change ? After how many years after she has been released ? U decided out of thin air , "the illusion hero cant make as much illusions anymore unless shes got amazing farm like a mid or carry player ahs to sustain it" . And u cannot adhere to give her back some of her power ? But when a guy cant differentiate illusions of his own team ,wich btw has been like this forever , u decided to throw it in quick ? Sweet bias lord . And here i thought the management actually listened to their loyal players now . But u have that seleced bias hearing then . Only specific things , with no support from statistics , only opinions .

Who decide Circe as supporter who spamming illusion? You?

The main purpose of circe that she can copy other heroes and use ilusion to trick enemy. 

Oh, you can still spamming your spell of you can subtain your mana and mana regenation. Circe is intelligent hero after all 

HoN SEA Player

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, w3_StarBoy said:

 

Who decide Circe as supporter who spamming illusion? You?

The main purpose of circe that she can copy other heroes and use ilusion to trick enemy. 

Oh, you can still spamming your spell of you can subtain your mana and mana regenation. Circe is intelligent hero after all 

Yet another opinion . She is literally classified as a support . And in your second sentence you actually agree with me ,without knowing probally . Or maby the poor english made yourself a bit confused .

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Venniie said:

So u hate the design ? You are awfully hard biased to your personal preferences about the hero design . Comming acros that u dont like it , since the illusion spam is her form of mana spamming spells like so many other heroes of theirs . She lacks dps and her ult is easly interupted . Deceivement tactics is how the hero rolls . You dont even support your change , on why u changed this . U did so with most overplayed heroes though . . So theres like no evidence supporting your claims , only bias . If u pull some statistics out from Circe , u will see there has been a myriad of changes (nerfs) to her design for all patches even before 4.0 believe . Yet her win/loss ratio is as balanced as majority of heroes u nerf or buff .Always on the downside of the most heroes place , falling last reguarly . And now this change ? After how many years after she has been released ? U decided out of thin air , "the illusion hero cant make as much illusions anymore unless shes got amazing farm like a mid or carry player ahs to sustain it" . And u cannot adhere to give her back some of her power ? But when a guy cant differentiate illusions of his own team ,wich btw has been like this forever , u decided to throw it in quick ? Sweet bias lord . And here i thought the management actually listened to their loyal players now . But u have that seleced bias hearing then . Only specific things , with no support from statistics , only opinions .

I never said anything about the design & you're just putting words in my mouth.  What you did was the most classic example of a strawman argument fallacy.

What I said is that she's an Intelligence hero (meaning she will have more mana than other heroes based on her main attribute alone), and that like any other hero, the player playing the hero needs to learn to manage their mana properly.

Edited by ElementUser
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Venniie Yeah, i agree with you that you can spam your illusion to trick enemy as long as you can subtain your mana properly . No hard feeling here. Dont complain if you out of mana when using skill too much without thinking

HoN SEA Player

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, w3_StarBoy said:

@Venniie Yeah, i agree with you that you can spam your illusion to trick enemy as long as you can subtain your mana properly . No hard feeling here. Dont complain if you out of mana when using skill too much without thinking

So for all these years , since her first introduction . She was a "loose canon" who needed this  nerf ? Like where does this suddenly come from ? I bet if it was about legionaire , pyro or any other mainstream hero the whole forum was talking about it . Yet , when its about Circe ,no such call to arms it made . Nobody gives a crap and therefore let it slide . No hard feelings either here . I had this bottled up for a while . I know even before writing all my statements, that this was not going anywere ,such is the flow on the forum & circe . But im glad i took a stand for her , shes unqiue , and should be kept that way . Kind regards 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can creat a threat in Balance Discussion to see if people agree with you or not. 

I'm not going to dig into this anymore.

To be honest, I hate Circe, k ?

Edited by w3_StarBoy

HoN SEA Player

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, w3_StarBoy said:

You can creat a threat in Balance Discussion to see if people agree with you or not. 

I'm not going to dig into this anymore.

To be honest, I hate Circe, k ?

I already knew u did . But thanks for your input Starboy , appreciated ✌️

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Diabetis said:

I wouldn't say that Circe's main reason to be picked is to ulti and takeover an opponent. I'd personally pick her for the reason of split pushing with illusions (or to scout) and that's her main strenght, which got relatively heavy hit by the mana cost nerf.

Sure Circe is an int hero... but that only shows later on, that she can manage her mana better than others. In the early game - it's not a problem because you wouldn't spam your W anyway. But in midgame, if you do spam W, you are left with no mana for other spells. I don't think old 65 mana on lvl 4 W was fair, but 90 aint either. 

It could sound like a minor issue to people who never play the hero and are only watching others play it... but trust me, from a certain point in midgame, until a certain point... Circe can't do anything any longer

Thanks for youri input DIabetis , sounds right . Appreciated .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Circe needs to be able to spam her illusions, that's kind of the point of the hero. If she cannot spam illusions there's like, no reason to pick her; conversely it is (used to be?) possible to distinguish between the skill level of the Circe player based on how many illusions they have on the map at any time.

We will see how substantial the nerf is. I personally predict it is substantial if she needs more than Ring of Sorcery to upkeep her illusions on the map, not that important otherwise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...