Reset Stats Suggestion

Hey, so the 1950+ MW accounts are not fun. I got 4 now and I keep creating subs as I don't really want to spend money on resetting stats in midwars. There are few players at that level in Europe and I keep meeting the same 5 man que over and over, and with random players in my team it's hard winning against 5 people working together. So my suggestion is that it should be easier to reset MW stats for silver as it makes no sense for me as I don't really look to have a subscription to frostburn to only get a reset for it having to reset it monthly. Could there be something done about this? Or make it free for MW?

I think this is the first example of someone complaining about this with MW 🤔.

I mean I kinda get people in Foc that have to wait for 30 minutes to get into a game, but in MW that shouldn't be happening. You simply want to play MW games that you can stomp enemies but once you meet better enemies, you don't want to play anymore?

You have so many options here:
1. Just do it like any good player and learn from the experience of loosing - eventually you'll win
2. Tell them - if they are 5 man queuing - to split up, so they get more balanced matches
3. Find friends to queue with - either lower rated to play against other enemies - or high rated to eventually improve and win against your nemesis
4. Think of HoN as people think of MMORPGs and just invest 15$/month, that way you get your stat reset occasionally and help the game stay alive
5. Host private mid wars games - you'll have a longer wait time for the first game, but you can change whatever you want - including splitting up all the premade teams or limiting them to two players.

• Like 1

1. I've beaten them enough. Sitting 15 minutes at tower waiting for one person to do a mistake isn't a fun game. Have had acc above 2020, so I have done the grind to become "better". 

2. I have, they won't. They never solo que ever...

3. I have friends, but I play hon to wind down not play competative in a game without a real scene. 

4. FB ruined the competative scene in Europe and then you say I should pay to not play a wannabe competative scene? I disagree with about 90% of their changes in the game, so paying for that would be encouraging things I dislike.

5. yes, that sounds like a shit idea, but thanks. 

12 hours ago, ironhamster said:

1. I've beaten them enough. Sitting 15 minutes at tower waiting for one person to do a mistake isn't a fun game. Have had acc above 2020, so I have done the grind to become "better". 

Didn't you say you're playing MW? 🤔 That sounds like the definition of MidWars.

12 hours ago, ironhamster said:

3. I have friends, but I play hon to wind down not play competative in a game without a real scene. 

So basically what you're saying is:

21 hours ago, Manu311 said:

You simply want to play MW games that you can stomp enemies but once you meet better enemies, you don't want to play anymore

• Like 1

Let's be honest, poeple like the Lona clan in Europe have no individual skills with a few exceptions. I'm pretty sure 80% of them would be stuck at best 1850 with a little bit of luck with the teams if they chose to solo que, but they don't and that's fine, but I quit FOC to escape that level of sweatshop work as they do. 

I'll give you a bit of details on sweatshop players, since you clearly don't have any idea of what they do. They pick the same 10-15 heroes FB seem to never be able to balanace, even a great boost to Flint recently *slow clap*, then they sit hug some trees behind tower waiting for one person to do a mistake which always happens eventually, and trust me they would wait for hours (sounds fun yet?). 

Better yet, I have a proposal. Me and you Manu311 can do public games, I have a 5 man prep and you get randoms and we play 20 games in a row as there are really no one else. lmk when you're ready. HenryCase you can also join him. 

11 hours ago, ironhamster said:

Let's be honest, poeple like the Lona clan in Europe have no individual skills with a few exceptions. I'm pretty sure 80% of them would be stuck at best 1850 with a little bit of luck with the teams if they chose to solo que, but they don't and that's fine, but I quit FOC to escape that level of sweatshop work as they do. 

I'll give you a bit of details on sweatshop players, since you clearly don't have any idea of what they do. They pick the same 10-15 heroes FB seem to never be able to balanace, even a great boost to Flint recently *slow clap*, then they sit hug some trees behind tower waiting for one person to do a mistake which always happens eventually, and trust me they would wait for hours (sounds fun yet?). 

Better yet, I have a proposal. Me and you Manu311 can do public games, I have a 5 man prep and you get randoms and we play 20 games in a row as there are really no one else. lmk when you're ready. HenryCase you can also join him. 

I wasn't planning on responding to any of your nonsense since @Manu311 clearly answered you perfectly enough. However, are you really that insecure that you have to pull me out from under my rock just because I reacted to a couple of posts?

Other than you having the urge to bitch and moan right now I can't really see any reason for your complaints. You're conflating what you refer to as sweatshop players with tryharding groups. Even then you're kinda misrepresenting the fact that these players play with eachother because they enjoy playing with eachother, not for the sole purpose of winning games and annoying you. Then for whatever reason, I've honestly no clue what the psyche behind this is, you bitch and moan about people tower-hugging and picking the same 10-15 heroes. This is a point I've seen put forth many times when people complain about the same topic, and I've yet to understand how you fail miserably at seeing your own involvement in this scenario. What you're saying honestly makes zero sense, as I've never been in a 5 stack where we just hug the tower from a strategic point of view. Infact the oposite happens, we like action and we don't like dull games. Now, the only time anything that remotely resembles tower-hugging happens is when we're facing another 5 stack and then only because of the natural flow of the game goes that way. In a sense it becomes a very high-level chess game at that point. Sometimes they are super fun, and sometimes they are straight suffer. We just deal with it and move on. Not all outcomes of a game can be controlled, that's why games are fun.

Furthermore, the notion of us not solo-queueing is preposterous. I solo queue or duo queue ALL the time. We all live in different time zones so it's damn near impossible to always find 5 other Lona players to play with. If I feel like just casual playing and having some fun I just go on one of my lower rated accounts. If I wan't to play against 5 stacks I just queue up normally. If I would like to avoid them for whatever reason I just wait until whoever is online finds a game and then I queue. I don't really see what the problem is there.

You first post said "and with random players in my team it's hard winning against 5 people working together", which is such a strange argument to begin with but in any case you'll face that issue no matter if the stat resets are free of charge or overpriced. So I don't honestly know what to make of your insufferable whining. I don't see anything with any of your arguments being based on constructive criticism. Either about the Lona players, the other "sweatshop" players or to FB and their decision making. If you do not want to play the game competitively and you just want to play it to wind down and you disagree with 90% of the decisions made by FB maybe try 3D Pinball. It might relax you if you can cope with the fact that the ball is moving randomly and not moving exactly how you want it to move.

In conclusion, what you're saying is essentially the equivalent of a 12 year old back in 1992 calling his friend a "glitch bitch" because he was getting beat up in Mortal Kombat when all he had to do was just get good.

Edited by HenryCase
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Cute and condescending. At this point I'm more here for the argument than the actual issue at hand.

The fact that you reality grasp is this distorted explains a lot, if not all of your previous comment most of it.

I'll correct you then reply. 

1. I'll give you the definition of insecure, since you clearly missed it. "Insecure people have little confidence and are uncertain about their own abilities or if other people really like them". 

- I don't give a shit if you like me or not, I don't play online video games to make friends because I have social skills. (please make the obvious reply to that one 🙂 )

- I am confident that I would beat any Lona player or related (frequent friendly que partners outside Lona) 7-8 out of 10 games without breaking a sweat. 

2. I'll give you that you don't play competitive, because it would require anyone wanting to oppose the *watching paint dry* experience. 

- I have played with Lona players, even with YOU and been invited. (not on Ironhamster I think, but a sub) and it's even more boring than playing versus you.

- the fact that you lack the though process to understand that playing as you do, versus no one wanting to oppose you, is like playing football versus your kid and stomping them and high fiving your imaginary wife and taking it as a win. It's just sad and pathetic and if that fulfills your competitive side I'm sorry but you were 100% ***** at sports and you are likely the insecure one out of the two of us. 

3. I will invite ANY LONA or friends player to go 1 on 1, and if I lose more than 50% of the games I'll uninstall HoN and never come back 🙂  I'll even allow the mods / FB staff to confirm that I won't. Now, if you have any real competitive side in you, you will accept. If not, take your pathetic unskilled ass out of here and stop trying to convince yourself you're any good at this game. (includes all the wannabe 'good players') 

Good talk! Can't wait to hear back ❤️

Edited by ironhamster
failed to add that it includes the other players also :) last part.
5 hours ago, ironhamster said:

Cute and condescending. At this point I'm more here for the argument than the actual issue at hand.

The fact that you reality grasp is this distorted explains a lot, if not all of your previous comment most of it.

Let's be real. You were here for the argument more so than anything from the get go. Which is my point entirely. You're here to whine, just like all the people before you whining about the same non-issue, just like all the people that will continue to whine about this long after you and me have stopped playing.

1. I'll give you the definition of insecure, since you clearly missed it. "Insecure people have little confidence and are uncertain about their own abilities or if other people really like them". 

- I don't give a shit if you like me or not, I don't play online video games to make friends because I have social skills. (please make the obvious reply to that one 🙂 )

- I am confident that I would beat any Lona player or related (frequent friendly que partners outside Lona) 7-8 out of 10 games without breaking a sweat. 

Yeah. Reading off one dictionary definition of a word and taking it at face value really showcases your socials skills. The reason why I questioned your confidence is because insecure people usually have a tendency to throw out challenges left and right like you did. I reacted to a couple of posts here and your fragile ego could not handle it, and that's the only reason you mentioned me or Lona. And just to prove me wrong you abandoned the "issue" completely and threw out more challenges. The point still stands though, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself that you don't care about this and that, or don't give a shit and so on and so forth, your insecurity still shines through.

Just as as a sidenote, the act of playing online video games to make friends has no correlation with being insecure or not, I'm not even sure why you're conflating the two.

2. I'll give you that you don't play competitive, because it would require anyone wanting to oppose the *watching paint dry* experience. 

- I have played with Lona players, even with YOU and been invited. (not on Ironhamster I think, but a sub) and it's even more boring than playing versus you.

- the fact that you lack the though process to understand that playing as you do, versus no one wanting to oppose you, is like playing football versus your kid and stomping them and high fiving your imaginary wife and taking it as a win. It's just sad and pathetic and if that fulfills your competitive side I'm sorry but you were 100% ***** at sports and you are likely the insecure one out of the two of us. 

I do enjoy playing competitively. I don't like getting absolutely stomped, but if the opposing team is at the same level then a very fun competition can be had. If I do get stomped I just try to be better. I don't know what this argument is supposed to represent though. I've played tons of games, and I'll continue to do so, against players not in the same bracket that never said a single word of complaint let alone created a forum post where they bawled to no end about a non-issue.

I invited you ONCE to one of my games. You picked completely garbage and did not play another game with me ever again so how can you even draw that type of conclusion? This is again why @Manu311 responded to you the way they did. The "issue" you created this forum post to give feedback on is full of generalisations and conclusions based solely off of your feelings rather than anything factually substantial. Your misunderstood view of how I play is not general for the majority of the players in MW games. Your last point really sums it up though. You even uttering the phrase "taking it as a win" is very telling what this is all about.

3. I will invite ANY LONA or friends player to go 1 on 1, and if I lose more than 50% of the games I'll uninstall HoN and never come back 🙂  I'll even allow the mods / FB staff to confirm that I won't. Now, if you have any real competitive side in you, you will accept. If not, take your pathetic unskilled ass out of here and stop trying to convince yourself you're any good at this game. (includes all the wannabe 'good players') 

I don't know if there is anything more to say about this one. Other than you time and time again throwing out these challenges, talking about how bad I am at the game, fully convinced that you will beat me as though that would prove anything about any of this non-issue is just so contradictory. If you are this god tier player so sure of yourself, with zero insecurity, why not just play the game then? Then none of this would be an issue would it?

Since this thread has now completely gone off-topic and doesn't provide any real value to the general public, I'll just close this thread.

Feel free to start a thread in the Suggestion-Subforum without getting offensive against anyone.

• Like 1