There were a few ideas I had but I decided to settle with a "rework" that keeps both, his position aswell as his playing style as close to the initial/original iteration as possible. So people would have to only settle with some new effects instead of an entirely new hero.

Let me start with his [E] Defiling Touch as that will be the core ability I based him around:

now called Bag of Bones:
passive;
available from level 1;
can store up to 9/12/15/18/21 charges;
walking over a corpse grants one (1) charge;
generates one (1) charge every 15 seconds;
charges generated while at full charges will drop a corpse at your feet; when on auto-cast, every attack will automatically consume 1 charge to enhance the attack;
deals an additional 0/10/20/30/40 Damage (based on your attack type!) and slows the target by 0/6/9/12/15% (stacks with other slows!) for 2 seconds;
When attacking with a charge consumed, leaves a corpse at the targets feet;

Next up his [Q] Corpse Toss:

active;
has a maximum of 1/2/3/4 charges (instead of before 1/1/2/2;
charges refresh every 6 seconds (instead of before 7);
Target an enemy to throw a corpse at him. Deals 80 Magic Damage and applies a 20% Movementspeed Slow for 2 seconds. If Bag of Bones has any charges, will consume a charge and deal it's Bonus Damage and turn the Slow into a 0.8 Second Stun;
Always leaves a corpse at the targets feet;

Now onto the problem-child [W] Corpse Explosion which I thought could do with a small rework to better synergize with the "new" passive and also to avoid his early game oneshot nature:

Target an area to deal 100 Magic Damage and consume 50% your Bag of Bones Charges;
Each charge will deal it's additional damage in the area;
This damage is non-lethal to heroes and pets but lethal to creeps and minions;
Also destroys all corpses in the area but deals no extra damage;
Edit: Ability Level will either decrease the cooldown or scale the max damage the ability can deal!

As for the ultimate [R] Zombie Apocalypse, I was thinking a small rework to generally make the ultimate more viable would be amazing:

Spoiler

alternative proposal:

now called Horde;
click and drag a direction to spawn a Horde of invincible Zombies following the dragged direction;
800 units target radius;
200 units spawn radius;
650/800/950 units range of the Horde from their spawn;
Zombies push back opponents they hit and deal 20/30/40 physical damage on impact, structures take half the damage;
Zombies have all terrain walking and unit walking;
The Horde lasts for 8/10/12 seconds;
Has a chance of 22% to spawn an Unstable Zombie that explodes with it's first collision, dealing 40/60/80 Magic Damage in a 150 units radius, deals half it's damage ts structures;
Zombies are uncontrollable and otherwise invincible and immune;
Has a cooldown of 80 seconds;

Staff of the Master (1):
    being struck by a zombie now slows and applies a restrain onto affected opponents which lingers off over one (1) second after leaving the area;
    Increases Physical Damage by 10 and Magic Damage by 20 per unit;
    -alternatively-
Staff of the Master (2):
    changes ability to target area;
    Zombies now spawn on the outskirts and rush toward the center where they die;
    Increases Physical Damage by 10 and Magic Damage by 20 per unit;

now called Cemetery;
Target an area to summon 4/6/8 Tombs at the location for 12 seconds;
800 units target radius;
350 units spawn radius;
Tombs have 400/600/800 Health and lose 50 Health each time they spawn a Zombie;
each Tomb spawns one (1) Zombie per second to attack nearby opponents;
Zombies prioritise Heroes over Pets over Structures over Minions over Creeps and attack for 50 Physical Damage per attack (Attacks ignore deflection);
Zombies are uncontrollable and have 300 / 500 / 600 Health and lose 50 Health per second and per Attack. An attacking Zombie slows their Targets Attack- and Movementspeed by 15% and leave a corpse after they die. Killing a Zombie will yield the last hitting player 17 Gold;
Staff of the Master:
the area itself now slows and applies a restrain onto affected opponents which lingers off over one (1) second after leaving the area;
Graveyards have a 15% chance to spawn Unstable Zombies now which detonate for 100 Magic Damage in a 150 unit radius upon reaching their target;
Unstable Zombies may leap for 250 units range toward their target;
Edited by MerryHONmas

spacer.png

Let me put my own version regarding Gravekeeper rework first before giving on-topic reply to your suggestion.

Spoiler

Besides the current state of Gravekeeper, there are some changes:

Corpse Toss:

• No longer has charge so the charge refresh time acts as cooldown and no longer throw a corpse.
  • Spawns a Wretched Zombie next to the target and converts up to 3 nearest corpses in 1200 radius to target into Wretched Zombies.
  • Wretched Zombies only attack target targeted by Corpse Toss and they last for 3.5 seconds or earlier if the target dies before their lifetime runs out.
  • Change the damage on target to 100/140/180/220 magic damage and targeting structure only deals a third of the damage.
  • Target is revealed and sighted as long as the Wretched Zombie targeting them is still alive.
  • Zombie Apocalypse boost: changes the corpse limit to 4/5/6.

Corpse Explosion:

• Neither deals bonus damage based on number of corpses nor detonates corpses in area of effect.
  • Spawns an Unstable Zombie at center of area and converts up to 3 corpses in targeted area into Unstable Zombies after dealing the area damage.
  • Unstable Zombies prioritize chasing enemy units in Corpse Explosion radius, then any closest visible enemy unit in 800 range to them.
  • Unstable Zombies detonate themselves resulting their death when they attack, get killed, or get expired.
  • Unstable Zombies last for 3.5 seconds if they get aggroed or 20 seconds if no aggro at the start of their spawn.
  • Change the area damage to 100/140/180/220 magic damage and deal 2x of damage to lesser creeps (non-boss, non-ancient unit).
  • Zombie Apocalypse boost: changes the corpse limit to 4/5/6.

Defiling Touch:

• Complete rework of this ability to be an auto-cast ability imbuing attack similar to Arachna and Vindicator.
  • Deals bonus 8/12/16/20 Magic Damage to target and heals 4/6/8/10 health to Gravekeeper.
  • Deals additional 8/12/16/20 Magic Damage to target per Gravekeeper's ally units in 300 radius to target, up to 3 units.
  • Heals up to 3 ally units in radius by 4/6/8/10 health, prioritizing heroes.
  • Costs 12 mana, has same cast range as attack range, and has no cooldown.
  • Zombie Apocalypse boost: changes the unit limit to 4/5/6.

Zombie Apocalypse:

• Complete rework to upgrade all Gravekeeper's abilities as similar in fashion as Aluna.
  • On activation, refreshes all Gravekeeper abilities and boost them on next cast for one time within 20 seconds duration.
  • Drops 3/4/5 corpses under Gravekeeper's position upon activation.
  • Costs 125/250/375 Mana and has 50/35/20 seconds + [amount of cooldown refreshed] as the cooldown.
  • Staff boost: Permanently boosts the abilities and dropped corpses are increased to 6/7/8.

Wretched Zombie & Unstable Zombie:

• Both Wretched Zombie & Unstable Zombie have level 1 stats of current Zombie Apocalypse.

Thought Process:

• Gravekeeper currently has awkward playstyle and demands slightly strict setup to make him entering 'passable' criteria. 
  • This suggestion gives Gravekeeper the capability to be jack of all trades with corpse and zombie as bonus feature.

On-topic reply:

Spoiler

Hey there, it is unusual to see you propose the suggestion with no thought process behind it. Is it perhaps because this suggestion doesn't belong to Balance and Design Sub-Forum?

Anyway, let me give few short commentary regarding your suggestion as below:

• Bag of Bones charge storage should be static at all levels to lessen Corpse Explosion changes, especially in lethality.
  • Corpse Toss could keep the slow effect besides the stun effect.
  • Corpse Explosion should refill Bag of Bones charges instead of only detonate the corpses in its area of effect.
  • I assume the tombs are wards but I think the numbers need to be toned down. 

Edited by datfizh
several fixes on suggestion.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

4 hours ago, datfizh said:

Hey there, it is unusual to see you propose the suggestion with no thought process behind it. Is it perhaps because this suggestion doesn't belong to Balance and Design Sub-Forum?

Anyway, let me give few short commentary regarding your suggestion as below:

• Bag of Bones charge storage should be static at all levels to lessen Corpse Explosion changes, especially in lethality.
  • Corpse Toss could keep the slow effect besides the stun effect.
  • Corpse Explosion should refill Bag of Bones charges instead of only detonate the corpses in its area of effect.
  • I assume the tombs are wards but I think the numbers need to be toned down. 

I also have my own version regarding Gravekeeper rework so let me put mine below:

Reveal hidden contents

Besides the current state of Gravekeeper, there are some changes:

Corpse Toss:

• No longer has charge.
  • Turns up to 3 corpses in 1200 radius to target into Wretched Zombies.
  • Wretched Zombies chase and attack the target and they last 3 seconds after launching an attack to target.
  • Besides the duration, Wretched Zombies have same stats as level 1 of current Zombie Apocalypse.
  • Change the damage on target to 100/140/180/220 magic damage.
  • Can target structure but deals a third of the damage from the cast.
  • Target is revealed and sighted as long as the Wretched Zombie targeting them is still alive.

Corpse Explosion:

• Neither deals bonus damage based on number of corpses nor detonates corpses in area of effect, it generates a corpse instead.
  • Turns up to 3 corpses in area of effect into Unstable Zombies.
  • Unstable Zombies prioritize chasing and detonating themselves to enemy units in Corpse Explosion radius.
  • Unstable Zombies have same stats as level 1 of current Zombie Apocalypse but last 3 seconds.
  • Change the area damage to 100/140/180/220 magic damage.

Defiling Touch:

• Complete rework of this ability to be an auto-cast ability imbuing attack similar to Arachna and Vindicator.
  • Deals 15/20/25/30 Magic Damage to target per Gravekeeper's ally units in 250 radius to target, up to 3 units.
  • Heals up to 3 allied units in radius by 6/9/12/15 health, prioritizing heroes.
  • Costs 12 mana, has no cooldown, and has 50% chance to drop a corpse under targeted hero.

Zombie Apocalypse:

• Complete rework to upgrade all Gravekeeper's abilities as similar in fashion as Aluna.
  • On activation, refreshes all Gravekeeper abilities and upgrade them on next cast within 10 seconds.
  • The upgrade grants additional number of zombies spawned on corpses by 1/2/3 to both Corpse Toss and Corpse Explosion.
  • The upgrade grants additional number of units affected by Defiling Touch by 1/2/3 and guarantee a corpse drop under targeted hero.
  • Costs 125/250/375 Mana and has 40/30/20 seconds + [amount of cooldown refreshed] as the cooldown.

Thought Process:

• Proposed to create flexibility and coherent synergy on Gravekeeper's abilities because Corpse Explosion and Defiling Touch interaction a little bit counter-intuitive currently.
  • Proposed to give zombies and corpses design on Gravekeeper stronger as his identity.

The reason for me to not include my thoughtprocess is, that it was a copy paste from a rather lengthy Discord Discussion in a private channel and ElementUser asked me to post it here. During the conversation numerous heroes were mentioned and this one stuck with me for a multitude of reasons, among other me having a couple of ideas 😛
I will try to somehow add thoughtprocess tomorrow or the next days when I had a chance to reread the entire conversation just to make sure nothing gets lost on it or I don't mix anything up.

Also:

• Bag of Bones should NOT be static, else it will be a onetrick wonder. You are supposed to have to make a conscious decision in early game as whether you would like to max utility (multiple charges on abilities), damage (bag of bones), or a mix thereof.
  • Corpse Toss with 4 charges being able to stun AND slow might just be a bit too good, that's why after considering it and brooding over it for a good 15 minutes I decided against it when I made the initial post.
  • Would just lead to maxing Corpse Explosion mindlessly again, particularly with your other suggesting, effectively literally changing nothing xD The entire concept I proposed is set around having to make a decision on how to handle abilities and charges and which aspects of the hero you prefer to use under which circumstance. Something that would have been more apparent had I included my thoughtprocess i guess.
  • The tombs are gadgets, they actually die fairly quickly if you attack them together since they also lose health spawning creeps.
    If they were less in numbers they'd have the exact problem again his ult currently has = being no threat to anyone.

Regarding your suggestion I would respond to it but i am not sure this wouldnt make this one too confusing.

spacer.png

I'm fan of simple and easy to play heroes, i dont like the hero that cause headache when playing

And I dont feel like GK need any rework. This hero can almost do anything in the game and his weakness is only his low hp pool. Even mana pool isnt much the problem to him

People complain he is ugly and braindead to play but he is just like witch slayer. Spam all of your spell, one shot people, run around, spamming again. The difference maybe Ws is cooler and handsome than him ??

HoN SEA Player

15 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

The reason for me to not include my thoughtprocess is, that it was a copy paste from a rather lengthy Discord Discussion in a private channel and ElementUser asked me to post it here. During the conversation numerous heroes were mentioned and this one stuck with me for a multitude of reasons, among other me having a couple of ideas 😛
I will try to somehow add thoughtprocess tomorrow or the next days when I had a chance to reread the entire conversation just to make sure nothing gets lost on it or I don't mix anything up.

Also:

• Bag of Bones should NOT be static, else it will be a onetrick wonder. You are supposed to have to make a conscious decision in early game as whether you would like to max utility (multiple charges on abilities), damage (bag of bones), or a mix thereof.
  • Corpse Toss with 4 charges being able to stun AND slow might just be a bit too good, that's why after considering it and brooding over it for a good 15 minutes I decided against it when I made the initial post.
  • Would just lead to maxing Corpse Explosion mindlessly again, particularly with your other suggesting, effectively literally changing nothing xD The entire concept I proposed is set around having to make a decision on how to handle abilities and charges and which aspects of the hero you prefer to use under which circumstance. Something that would have been more apparent had I included my thoughtprocess i guess.
  • The tombs are gadgets, they actually die fairly quickly if you attack them together since they also lose health spawning creeps.
    If they were less in numbers they'd have the exact problem again his ult currently has = being no threat to anyone.

Regarding your suggestion I would respond to it but i am not sure this wouldnt make this one too confusing.

You have the points there. Perhaps I could offer the optional changes from the points of my short commentary and from your reply to them as below:

• Corpse Explosion bonus damage could follow Bag of Bones bonus damage on Gravekeeper's auto-attack so my proposed static charges on Bag of Bones no longer a 1-point wonder as you concerned. So if Bag of Bones grants auto-attack a bonus 40 damage at max level by consuming 1 charge, then Corpse Explosion consuming 50% of the charges will deal the accumulated of bonus damage in area based on charges consumed.
  • Corpse Toss could require 3 Bag of Bones' charges in order to have the stun effect without replacing the slow, it also deals 75% of bonus damage from Bag of Bones' consumption as similar as Corpse Explosion to compensate the additional charges required.
  • Corpse Explosion collects the corpses to fill Bag of Bones' charges without consuming the collected corpses to Corpse Explosion that collects them.
  • I'd like to replace tombs with Unstable Zombies to maximize Bag of Bones' usage and to avoid the new model creation. They still work like your proposed tombs (summon Wretched zombies, count as gadget, and have no attack or movement) but they get detonated once they lost all of their health and deal magic damage in 250 radius equal to accumulated of bonus damage from Bag of Bones' based on the charges consumed by the ultimate. The ultimate consumes 50% Bag of Bones' charges. As for Staff of the Master, the Unstable Zombies will walk at 300 movement speed if they get aggroed (has same aggro range and habit as Wretched Zombies).
  • As for Bag of Bones' static charges, I propose 12 charges at all levels.

Regarding my own proposed suggestion on previous reply I made, I'll make its own thread so feel free to respond on it there to prevent the confusion here.

9 hours ago, w3_StarBoy said:

I'm fan of simple and easy to play heroes, i dont like the hero that cause headache when playing

And I dont feel like GK need any rework. This hero can almost do anything in the game and his weakness is only his low hp pool. Even mana pool isnt much the problem to him

People complain he is ugly and braindead to play but he is just like witch slayer. Spam all of your spell, one shot people, run around, spamming again. The difference maybe Ws is cooler and handsome than him ??

I'm not the original poster so let's wait for his (or her) thought process that will be posted here if you're curious as to why (s)he posted Gravekeeper's rework.

If you ask me, I usually post suggestion for the rework or change because I like to do so.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:

4 hours ago, datfizh said:

You have the points there. Perhaps I could offer the optional changes from the points of my short commentary and from your reply to them as below:

• Corpse Explosion bonus damage could follow Bag of Bones bonus damage on Gravekeeper's auto-attack so my proposed static charges on Bag of Bones no longer a 1-point wonder as you concerned. So if Bag of Bones grants auto-attack a bonus 40 damage at max level by consuming 1 charge, then Corpse Explosion consuming 50% of the charges will deal the accumulated of bonus damage in area based on charges consumed.
  • Corpse Toss could require 3 Bag of Bones' charges in order to have the stun effect without replacing the slow, it also deals 75% of bonus damage from Bag of Bones' consumption as similar as Corpse Explosion to compensate the additional charges required.
  • Corpse Explosion collects the corpses to fill Bag of Bones' charges without consuming the collected corpses to Corpse Explosion that collects them.
  • I'd like to replace tombs with Unstable Zombies to maximize Bag of Bones' usage and to avoid the new model creation. They still work like your proposed tombs (summon Wretched zombies, count as gadget, and have no attack or movement) but they get detonated once they lost all of their health and deal magic damage in 250 radius equal to accumulated of bonus damage from Bag of Bones' based on the charges consumed by the ultimate. The ultimate consumes 50% Bag of Bones' charges. As for Staff of the Master, the Unstable Zombies will walk at 300 movement speed if they get aggroed (has same aggro range and habit as Wretched Zombies).
  • As for Bag of Bones' static charges, I propose 12 charges at all levels.

Regarding my own proposed suggestion on previous reply I made, I'll make its own thread so feel free to respond on it there to prevent the confusion here.

I'm not the original poster so let's wait for his (or her) thought process that will be posted here if you're curious as to why (s)he posted Gravekeeper's rework.

If you ask me, I usually post suggestion for the rework or change because I like to do so.

• you should read what i wrote again xD
  • Problem would be that you either pay 0 charges or 3 charges, you can't decide whether you want to pay 0, 1 or 3, that won't work unless you introduce more subabilities and i believe Element is not a big fan of those and frankly neither am I. was one of the things i was brooding on for a while too but figured it would be impossible to introduce while remaining some form of intuitivity with controls.
  • would lead to exactly the same issue i mentioned before, it would be just too goo, as proposed by me you either pay charges and other abilities or your attacks may suffer from it but you dealt a ton of damage with a normal ability, or you pay no charges by deactivating bag of bones but you also deal less damage. If you could deal damage based on corpses, it's just exactly the way it is now except that you can compensate for lack of corpses. so there would be literally no downside to the benefits you just gained.hard no from my point of view.
  • The tombs aren't supposed to additionally punish melees if they decide to engage with it. Plus Unstable Zombies may get spawned by the staff version too. I believe a model actually already exists but never got used because I seem to recall that years ago something like this was one of the ideas for the heroes but got dropped but I could be mistaken. I chose tombs simply for aesthetic reasons as they also fit the theme, he is a gravedigger afterall, but graveyard is already taken by Witchslayer and Tombstones are taken by Deadlift, so Tombs (the large stone tombs you may have seen on your graveyards) would also be easy to locate amid a swarm of zombies and creeps and heroes in a teamfight.
  • And again you made it a onetrick ability xD
    It's supposed to give you more charges so you'd have to make the consceous decision as to whether you'd like to have more benefits in the backhand to spend on more abilities, or whether you want more ability power disregarding the additional benefits. if it's static it would only scale the damage and you would not have to make a decision anymore.

spacer.png

Oh well, it seems like you give me a lot of feedback instead of me giving you any feedback on this discussion, lol. I thank you for that.

I guess I'll leave this discussion as it is for now because my concerns have been answered and I'm satisfied enough with the replies given.

59 minutes ago, datfizh said:

Oh well, it seems like you give me a lot of feedback instead of me giving you any feedback on this discussion, lol. I thank you for that.

I guess I'll leave this discussion as it is for now because my concerns have been answered and I'm satisfied enough with the replies given.

I did think about a lot of these things you mentioned too, you know 😛
But I ultimately decided to give the hero a niche that would justify this raw potential in burst and consecutive damage through a heightened skill ceiling.
Right now the hero basically is a "max one ability and just spam click everything you have" kind of thing. which may work, but it means he either gonna be ass or too strong. But if you look at other heroes with a higher skill ceiling you will notice that while they are more difficult to play or master, they also offer a lot more potential and power when played properly. That was the kind of thing I was aiming for with Gravekeeper. My only real problem is his ultimate. I had a few ideas, one of which I btw edited in. But I just can't seem to be able to come up with a general basis for something that is not either ass or absolutely overpowering.

spacer.png

I think with all this discussion, you could make a summary out of them as your thought process and post them on initial post. 

I find giving the thought process is necessary because without it people will only have assumption and somehow misunderstood the intention.