Kane’s Face Off changes both ultimate and SOTM effect. 

Proposed change to skill itself.
Enemy targets Attack Range becomes 128 for time of duel. 

Because targeting a ranged unit will make you run, while the enemy will stay still and attack you. 
For example sometimes Kane dies before he runs to the target(Tarot or some other strong ranged carry).

What the point having this :
Both units have +10000% Movement Speed, 100% Slow Resistance, and free pathing during Face Off.
If only Kane runs to target?

Proposed change to SOTM effect.
Add count to amount Duels won.

Face Off damage per duel won is retroactive, adding damage to all already existing stacks, not just the ones made after the SOTM effect was obtained.

I don’t get why Devo and Vindicator stats are getting counted from the beginning and Kane is not even after he spent 4200 gold?

Without this you just forcing player to get SOTM asap when there is other important things to get like PK or SH.

Or just change the attack range of ranged target into melee when that happens instead of changing the cast range of the ultimate.

I like the retroactive suggestion but I personally like to change the benefit of current Staff as below:

Spoiler
  • Grants 1 Face Off charge to Kane if the target dies during Face Off by default.
  • No longer grants any benefit to Face Off's target if Kane dies during Face Off.
  • Face Off charge gives Kane's attack a 0.4/0.6/0.8 armor penetration to Face Off's target.
  • Staff of the Master grants half of the armor penetration from Face Off charges passively on physical damage Kane deals.

Thought Process:

• A scaling suggestion to make Kane less a bully to squishy target and slightly good against bulky target by sheer armor.
  • A suggestion to remove the risk of current Staff boost of Kane without making it too strong.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

21 minutes ago, datfizh said:

Or just change the attack range of ranged target into melee when that happens instead of changing the cast range of the ultimate.

First of all thanks for reply.
I didn't say anything about changing cast range of the ultimate. I basically said change attack range of ranged targets in to melee, because 128 AR is range for melee attack in this game, iirc only Sir Bengzinton has higher AR because of his E. 

Armor penetration is cool and all, but what about BIG NUMBERS?! Everyone wants to do BIG DAMAGE NUMBERS! and have big dic attack stat. 

My changes are more qol and logical rather than rework.

1 hour ago, DemonSparda said:

First of all thanks for reply.
I didn't say anything about changing cast range of the ultimate. I basically said change attack range of ranged targets in to melee, because 128 AR is range for melee attack in this game, iirc only Sir Bengzinton has higher AR because of his E. 

Armor penetration is cool and all, but what about BIG NUMBERS?! Everyone wants to do BIG DAMAGE NUMBERS! and have big dic attack stat. 

My changes are more qol and logical rather than rework.

Ah, my apologize for not reading your thread thoroughly. Besides, the attack range for melee heroes by default is 150 I believe.

Overall, I'm in agreement with you regarding the suggestion.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:

38 minutes ago, datfizh said:

Besides, the attack range for melee heroes by default is 150 I believe.

Oh, it is 150. It was 128, but was increased. I totally forgot about this change. 😓

I am against the retro-active stat buff. will just lead to people exploiting it and setting up trilanes which are naturally hard to beat in non organised queues.

so at 12-15 minutes when kane has farmed his staff he will have already had 10+kills and i don't think that should be awarded with such amounts of bonus damage. because the only two ways to counter such a rewarding trilane is by either trilaning too which means you have to dismember another lane, or by leaving the lane entirely so regardless of what you do, picking kane unless you are being severely outmatched and outclassed by your opponents will mean an automatic free win.

regarding devourer and vindi, those do not even remotely compare. kane get's extremely strong base damage stats, vindicator and devo gain 1 stat which equals some hp/mana and 1 base damage. that argument is entirely unvalid here cause kane gets more than 10 times that base stat. just no

Edited by MerryHONmas

spacer.png

2 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

I am against the retro-active stat buff. will just lead to people exploiting it and setting up trilanes which are naturally hard to beat in non organised queues.

so at 12-15 minutes when kane has farmed his staff he will have already had 10+kills and i don't think that should be awarded with such amounts of bonus damage. because the only two ways to counter such a rewarding trilane is by either trilaning too which means you have to dismember another lane, or by leaving the lane entirely so regardless of what you do, picking kane unless you are being severely outmatched and outclassed by your opponents will mean an automatic free win.

regarding devourer and vindi, those do not even remotely compare. kane get's extremely strong base damage stats, vindicator and devo gain 1 stat which equals some hp/mana and 1 base damage. that argument is entirely unvalid here cause kane gets more than 10 times that base stat. just no

Enemies can exploited too. Just bait and kill Kane each time he duels someone. What's the problem?

O really? 1 stat? Are you about that? When why Devo is getting 2.5 Strength at lvl 4 of E from each assist in range, so with some aura item he can get up to 12.5 stats from one teamfight and that's not strong at all, and he doesn't need to WIN duel with SOTM and 60 seconds CD. Same with Vindi, he is getting 1 Int, because he can deal up to 2.32 TRUE damage for each point of int, so getting ~ 11.6 True damage from each team fight is not strong, right?
While because of my change people will tryhard and do some weird stuff. Sure. 

Your math sucks. Good day sir. Try better please, you're not convincing enough.

4 hours ago, DemonSparda said:

Enemies can exploited too. Just bait and kill Kane each time he duels someone. What's the problem?

the problem is that if that happend you wont buy staff. so it's still kane exploiting it. period

4 hours ago, DemonSparda said:

O really? 1 stat? Are you about that? When why Devo is getting 2.5 Strength at lvl 4 of E from each assist in range, so with some aura item he can get up to 12.5 stats from one teamfight and that's not strong at all, and he doesn't need to WIN duel with SOTM and 60 seconds CD. Same with Vindi, he is getting 1 Int, because he can deal up to 2.32 TRUE damage for each point of int, so getting ~ 11.6 True damage from each team fight is not strong, right?
While because of my change people will tryhard and do some weird stuff. Sure. 

Your math sucks. Good day sir. Try better please, you're not convincing enough.

oh right 2.5 str sorry. but that's still only 2.5 bonus base damage. and he has to be around on FIVE KILLS to gain 12.5 stat points and 12.5 base damage.
kane needs ONE kill to get MORE.

you are asking for something that either has 0 impact if kane died cause he wont get it or just makes him insanely strong. besides i don't have to try to convince you of anything, fact remains it doesn't matter what either of us thinks. fact also remains that YOU brought up two heroes that MECHANICALLY do NOT compare to what you are suggesting just to prove a point. I just jumped on it to SHOW you that they don't compare which you failed to acknowledge, in fact I believe even fail to see.

But since you proposed that let me propose this:
Give Scout permanent invis because Night Hound has it too.

spacer.png

Don't add retroactive buff but simply remove the staff part where the enemys permanently gets 8/12/16 attack damage. IMO it's absurd and doesn't need to compensate the "potentially too high attack damage gain". 

Edited by Stahlzeit
23 hours ago, Stahlzeit said:

Don't add retroactive buff but simply remove the staff part where the enemys permanently gets 8/12/16 attack damage. IMO it's absurd and doesn't need to compensate the "potentially too high attack damage gain". 

this could also work to me.