When should you buy Shieldbreaker

Hi, nice interpretation.

Just some questions: 

- What about Pesti? With his Ultimate, Enemy has in most cases -1 Armor. I think, for -1 Armor the dmg is even increased. Is it valid to buy SB on him?

- What about Panda? I think SB does not apply to flurry right? Cause it's not an AutoAttack. Is Riftshards better on him?

- What about Nomad? In most cases when farmed, you only apply 1 or 2 hits as a Nomad and a weak enemy is dead. Is here SB a solid pick up?

1 minute ago, Forst said:

Hi, nice interpretation.

Just some questions: 

- What about Pesti? With his Ultimate, Enemy has in most cases -1 Armor. I think, for -1 Armor the dmg is even increased. Is it valid to buy SB on him?

- What about Panda? I think SB does not apply to flurry right? Cause it's not an AutoAttack. Is Riftshards better on him?

- What about Nomad? In most cases when farmed, you only apply 1 or 2 hits as a Nomad and a weak enemy is dead. Is here SB a solid pick up?

1. Yes, it is. Even I believe the discussion of this thread already covered that.

2. Um, I believe Panda faces the issue on having limited time on utilizing his potential. Spending gold on Shieldbreaker or Riftshards makes him committing his time to gain that gold when other items give him less time to commit with immediate result (you could look up the recent discussion of this thread if you wonder about the items for Panda). In conclusion, I believe Riftshards or Shieldbreaker is less favorable item choice to Panda.

3. Depends, as I believe it has been discussed in this thread.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Regarding Shieldbreaker(/Riftshards) on Panda.

The main issue is that you *have* to initiate with W or R if you don't want Heroes to Stun you or Blink away (speaking of when panda already has pk scenario).
If you want to get Shieldbreaker's - armor effect off, you HAVE to autoattack before using Q or E, or ultimate(those actually count as auto attacks.)
Another way would be getting a Staff of the Master, which make Q count as auto attacks as well... but item is a joke on 95% of the Hero pool on Panda it is the actual circus.

Also, yes, Shieldbreaker is really good on Pestilence the general thing is.
More often than not you can just get a Lex Talionis that starts paying off way earlier for the - armor effect. And more often than not you need that Portal Key within the 12~16 minute mark (assuming you are the main initiator otherwise Q can also work out for a while).
At that point stacking - armor as much as it can be fun, enemies can also just get Void Talismans which are cheap. So, stuff like Shrunken Head or even Twinblades generally pay off more if you want to bop the 2-3 shot potential. And go other routes with different items after.
Since I already mentioned Staff effect on Panda... Pestilence Staff is really damn good. As it also helps him farm waves really easy. R > W *poof*. As well, as being a decent effect altogether.

Might as well go in regarding Nomad as well, assuming he's played as short farm.
Nomad generally suffers from being a squishy Hero in general, he does have 2 invis and the ultimate. While Shieldbreaker gives quite a bit of kill potential. He honestly doesn't need it, his kit already has a lot of damage and his "default" item build does as well. Also, Harkon's Blade more often than not ends up being his 5/6th item slot anyway.
Shieldbreaker meanwhile is fighting for a spot with Geometer's Bane; Frostburn; Shroud/Genjuro as well as delaying Shrunken Head... there is just no room with better choices around.

Edited by xTinker