Single Target Immunity not working as intended?

On the few heroes with the ability "Single Target Immunity" (Fayde E, Grinex Ultimate with SotM), there seems to be a few cases where the Single Target Immunity seems to not work against some single target spells, or you are able to bypass the Single Target Immunity to issue an attack command to the unit.

To sum it up shortly - 

Grinex - when buffed by SotM and using his ultimate, he gains the "Single Target Immunity" while on the shadow trail. You are not able to right click him, but surprisingly, despite having Single Target Immunity - you are able to A-command-click him to attack him.

Fayde - In some strange instances, Parasite Ultimate or Deadwood Ultimate are able to bypass Fayde's Single Target Immunity completely as if she had not had it. In one game, an enemy Parasite was able to target me with his Ultimate AFTER I had used my E, and was able to steal the state unto himself. I have tried replicating the scenario in Practice Mode, but it doesn't seem to work. (Match ID: 161107498, Time according to Replay Timer: 18:35-18:42; Parasite Stealing Fayde's E using his Ultimate). I do not have a match replay for Deadwood Ultimate, but rest assured that I have also experienced that - I don't know what causes it, or if there are more single target spells that can bypass Single Target Immunity, but it's very strange.

Edited by Lunarios

I believe at least the fayde instance has to do with abilities cast while out of range, ie; parasite uses ult on fayde while not in range, fayde use E spell, parasite comes in range of fayde and ult triggers.

Posted (edited)

What you have described above - I tried to re-create exactly that in practice mode and it didn't work.

I looked at the replay and it was specifically Fayde using her E, pause, parasite clicks his ultimate on Fayde while she is affected by her Immunity state, parasite ultimate triggers.

For further clarification - her E does successfully disjoints parasite ultimate while parasite's ultimate is in progress if she uses her E after parasite has started his ultimate.

I have had another game with Fayde, and had a strange and inconsistent experience with her E against a Voodoo Jester.

On one instance, I was able to completely disjoint Voodoo Jester's stun while it was mid-air, on another instance when I used E against voodoo jester's stun while it was mid-air - it stunned me. It is very strange, I am unable to re-create this scenario in practice mode, and it only seems to occur in some of the cases while in an active matchmaking game and not all of the time.

Edited by Lunarios

This will already be resolved for Fayde in the next patch (for the spell-queuing).

For autoattacking-near-the-target, for the time being this is intended & is considered a mechanical skill to take advantage of this.

VJ's bounce, when disjointed, checks in the area for a valid target after it hits the disjointed location - if Fayde is still there, it can still select her as the next bounce target.

Single-target immunity != autoattack immunity.

And this is why you report 1 bug per thread (as stated in the subforum rules) - it's being cluttered right now with all of the behaviours already being resolved and/or intended or some way.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1