Possible further development of Heroes of Newerth as in the old days ?

Tell me I wanted to ask about the fate of this game. Apart from some minor in-game balance adjustments, the game is not developing as before. I wanted to know why the Garena company left everything to chance as in 2017 . And there are some chances to get new investments in the development of this project again.

Zlapped mentioned Garena is squatting on the rights because they're using HoN assets for their mobile games, which are supposed to be providing rather massive income for them. I guess they have no reason not to let existing maintainers milk the dwindling playerbase, but I can't imagine the game not be destined to disappear following this course.

We are developing, it's just not in the areas players prominently see. 

Example: the 64-bit client, the 64-bit client for Mac and Linux, protecting HoN against exploits, cyberattackers and griefers. 

You don't see it, but we're doing it. We're focusing on what HoN needs and have been over the last year or so.

Also - what exactly qualifies as "development" to you? Because all these script-related bugfixes, hero balance and hero reworks that have been ongoing qualify as development to me.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Thanks 1

He said "development", but what he actually meant is growth, and HoN isn't growing. It's stagnating at best. There are no larger entities interested in funding the advertising. There are no "investments" being placed. Garena is just milking the dead husk Maliken left behind for its assets and makes good money off that. But the actual game that we love? It has no future under this reign.