Jump to content

Tired of afk & random picks at picking phase. PLEASE IMPLEMENT A READY SYSTEM PRE-LOBBY


Recommended Posts

Anybody else tired of getting into a game just to see random picks and then people trolling each other along with remake vote requests because people didn't pick their heroes? There are many times people AFK while queuing for a match and then once they get queued up they random... I don't know about you guys but sadly it feels like EVERY SINGLE FRICKEN GAME always has a random and a pause or vote remake request as soon as you get into the game. 

I feel this issue can be easily remedied if there's some sort of pop up notification asking you to "READY" when you find a match... that way you enter the game and are NOT AFK. And if you fail to click the READY button (say 30 second timeout) then you get banned from being able to queue for 5 minutes... or something to that effect to discourage people from going AFK while queuing. PLEASE MAKE THIS A NEW FEATURE!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember it ever being implemented and I've played since it first came out when you had to buy the game. The game would end up getting trolled or remade anyway with the afk players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2021 at 12:02 AM, Buterfree said:

I don't remember it ever being implemented and I've played since it first came out when you had to buy the game. The game would end up getting trolled or remade anyway with the afk players. 

It used to be a thing for quite a while.
Numerous reasons it got removed, one being people not accepting for various reasons thus you constantly being thrown back into queue. It also made sniping streamers or particular players too easy. among others. But it did exist for quite a while

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

It used to be a thing for quite a while.
Numerous reasons it got removed, one being people not accepting for various reasons thus you constantly being thrown back into queue. It also made sniping streamers or particular players too easy. among others. But it did exist for quite a while

Ah yes thanks for reminding me why the one goddamn feature that's only the most logical thing to exist in any MOBA ever got removed because of no backbone nor desire to develop a mitigative temp ban for those that don't accept (can't connect) like we have now.

I mean, why would we have a requirement to be in front of the damn monitor when a game is found. It's totes better to have everyone be cooking their dinner during the picking phase.

OH. I SEE. It would RUIN some chucklefuck's blasted twitch broadcast. Well, we couldn't have that! We care about those more than regular people playing the m***f*** game after all.

Jesus f*** H. christ you sure know how to throw a complete stranger on a dead forum into a frothing rage, because I sure feel like my blood is about to reach the boiling point at a nice and round hundred celsius right now.

Edited by twoscoopsREE
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, twoscoopsREE said:

Ah yes thanks for reminding me why the one goddamn feature that's only the most logical thing to exist in any MOBA ever got removed because of no backbone nor desire to develop a mitigative temp ban for those that don't accept (can't connect) like we have now.

I mean, why would we have a requirement to be in front of the damn monitor when a game is found. It's totes better to have everyone be cooking their dinner during the picking phase.

OH. I SEE. It would RUIN some chucklefuck's blasted twitch broadcast. Well, we couldn't have that! We care about those more than regular people playing the m***f*** game after all.

Jesus f*** H. christ you sure know how to throw a complete stranger on a dead forum into a frothing rage, because I sure feel like my blood is about to reach the boiling point at a nice and round hundred celsius right now.

aight let's get through this one by one and when i am done with you, you may apologise for blaming me for something that is entirely up to you!
 

a) such a thing existed, didn't change the facts that alot of matches still failed which infuriated people even more than afk picks. even worse at a certain point queues got elongated because of excessive queue suspensions. also you can't just right away ban someone or suspend them from queueing if they do not accept or decline a match because whatever might have happened and they need another minute (how many times did i decide to go to the toilet and tabbed back into the queue to cancel it and just found myself conencting right that very moment). so you'd have to introduce a buildup system, which already exists too btw, so nothing changes for the better. period

b) true but that's how it is, people never cared ebfore, nor will they ever in the future, not even if you threaten to shoot them in the face if they go afk. that's a fact.

c) not sure why you take this as the main point or one of the main points, it was just a side note and fairly obvious at that and yes, if you don't attend community representatives, your community will eventually fall apart. not saying things ever have been or will ever be settled around them, but they are the ones that give the community an actual face and at a certain point receive recognition by the staff too. just another fact for you right there.

d) yeah i am by no means or in any way responsible for your little childish tantrum right there. get off your high horse and actually look at things from a neutral perspective and stop acting like shit will be settled around you, cause it won't. just like it ain't settled around any singular other individual. you ever considered that the mechanic in question had been removed because the MAJORITY of the community expressed concern or disapproval? ever considered that there are more opinions than just yours? ever considered that the devs are actually capable and keep trakc of what's happening in the game and how successful a newly introduced mechanic is?
 

the audacity to blame someone that just presented you with some facts for a childish tantrum you are throwing because mommy took away your candy because it wasn't healthy.

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

...

Why would you throw this poorly formated garbage post at me when you're still wrong on every point?

There's no goddamn reason whatsoever not to have a feature like Dota 2 does, regardless how much nonsense you dump in here. Especially now that we have a temp ban for those that can't connect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twoscoopsREE said:

Why would you throw this poorly formated garbage post at me when you're still wrong on every point?

There's no goddamn reason whatsoever not to have a feature like Dota 2 does, regardless how much nonsense you dump in here. Especially now that we have a temp ban for those that can't connect.

i'm not even gonna dignify your selfrighteous, arrogant and ignorant attitude any further than i already have.

go set up some fans to blow away a storm or shoot at incoming storm~

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I think they should implement a measure that allows only persons with the right hardware specs to properly run the game. The main issue I see is that persons with poor internet service/connections still get to log on to their accounts and even get into matches but later forced to leave because their connection isn’t up to par. Mitigating that issue should erase the problem to begin with. 
Even with the graphics and everything else set at its lowest, the issue is still there. So disallowing persons who don’t have the right operating criteria from logging in should be an option to improve the experience for those who do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mitigating that issue is not really possible, especially when it comes to connection/hw.

Also, I don't see hardware/connection as a problem here. This is just a rare case.

 

A solution could be similar to other games: You do not instantly random but lose some starting gold over time extending the timer for the picking. You only random when you lost your starting gold. The downside of this is that it can extend the picking phase by quite a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...