The cool iteration of King Klout!

I've mentioned this a few times before I think, but I thought I'd make a fresh new post, see what other people think about this.

So how would people like the idea of bringing back the King Klout version that we had for a brief moment, where his Q would target the closest target to him, and his ulti was a 700 range jump that would hit in a fairly large AoE?

I fucking LOVED that version of him, and I would definitely like to see him back in that form.

Anyone else share my sentiment, or am I alone in this? 😛

I can't remember that EVER having been a thing...
Not on retail at least.

PRISONER had a version where his Shackle would be applied to the closest nearby opponent hero.
GLACIUS had a version where Staff would allow his ult to teleport to a location and begin casting it.

spacer.png

I don't remember ever being another version of Klout. The auto-1st sounds nice, and it can even be implemented as a QoL change. The ult reads awful though, as the current double fear + teleport has a lot of utility and decent power.

Klout aside, I do remember a Gunblade iteration that turned critical damage into a DoT and could launch himself from far away. Was fun while it lasted, but I don't mind it never coming back.

i could say the current the King klout is one of the best hero design in HoN. He may not strong as a carry but you can almost build anything on him and it still work perfectly. Cast range, move speed, mana, hp, hp regen, Tanker, attack speed, Portal Key. And he is quite fun to play.

The only missing item he need is Staff of the master and it' been a long time we dont see any good suggestion about it

HoN SEA Player

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind adding that version of Klout through staff. But maybe that would be a bit lackluster?

I don't know, I just really enjoyed that version of Klout! 😄

I mean there is a variety of good reasons it never made it into Retail i guess.
For one the ult being absolute nobrainer, as it is now it gives you a form of global presence but you have to time and aim it properly so it is high risk high reward.
That version from PBT was just another (in my oppinion, no offence) brainless leftclicker.
And the Q autotarget mechanic was the worst part of it, cause you just spamclicked Q when chasing someone and they had no chance really of dodging or sidestepping it because even brief frames allowed you to target them without having to put in any effort whatsoever. Just another Armadon Spineburst which with all due respect I'd like to see changed too cause it is a braindead spamclick or autocast ability.

I have yet to actually see a proper explanation as to WHY you want this iteration to be a thing because as it seems to me, you want it to be as brainless as possible and to do as much as possible, essentially eliminating every aspect that is considered a drawback or trade and just make it ezpzspammysqueezy.

Might aswell just do the same to Thunderbringer and while we are on it every other hero too.

Like seriously, please provide some actual and elaborate thought process as to why this version was better. And please don't make it a shallow empty "it was cooler" because that more or less just confirms that you want to do more while doing less.

spacer.png

On 3/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, MerryHONmas said:

I mean there is a variety of good reasons it never made it into Retail i guess.
For one the ult being absolute nobrainer, as it is now it gives you a form of global presence but you have to time and aim it properly so it is high risk high reward.
That version from PBT was just another (in my oppinion, no offence) brainless leftclicker.
And the Q autotarget mechanic was the worst part of it, cause you just spamclicked Q when chasing someone and they had no chance really of dodging or sidestepping it because even brief frames allowed you to target them without having to put in any effort whatsoever. Just another Armadon Spineburst which with all due respect I'd like to see changed too cause it is a braindead spamclick or autocast ability.

I have yet to actually see a proper explanation as to WHY you want this iteration to be a thing because as it seems to me, you want it to be as brainless as possible and to do as much as possible, essentially eliminating every aspect that is considered a drawback or trade and just make it ezpzspammysqueezy.

Might aswell just do the same to Thunderbringer and while we are on it every other hero too.

Like seriously, please provide some actual and elaborate thought process as to why this version was better. And please don't make it a shallow empty "it was cooler" because that more or less just confirms that you want to do more while doing less.

Pretty sure it made it into retail, but it was there for like 4-5 days because of some massive bug associated with the change to his Q(Targetting nearest enemy).

But onto your question as to why I want it back - It's simple, I had more fun playing it!

Sure, it might be simpler, or stronger, but the bottom line is I had a lot of fun playing that version of him. Now don't get me wrong,  I still enjoy playing current version of King Klout as well, so I have no trouble with him staying the same. I'd just play him more if he got changed to that very limited edition of his skill set :P.

I made this thread to see if people agreed or not, and if maybe there is some way to bring him back. Doesn't mean it will happen ^^.

Either way, I miss him, and I want him back! ❤️