Deadwood Proposed Willowmaker Change.

Simple, yet more better version. So you don't need to wait till enemy growth strength to deal more damage. It will be weaker at early game, but more powerfull at late stages.
Let Deadwood truly punch enemies into the ground!

Current:
WILLOWMAKER RANGE: 150 | MANA COST: 100
Target an enemy unit to gain 45% of their Strength for 7 seconds and deal 200 / 400 / 600 Physical Damage plus bonus Physical Damage based on 45% the target's Strength.

Applies a 1.5 second Stun and applies a tapering 100% Movement Speed slow for 5 seconds.

Staff Effect: Strength Sap duration increased to 30 seconds. Cooldown reduced to 70 / 50 / 30 seconds.

New:
WILLOWMAKER RANGE: 150 | MANA COST: 100 Cooldown: 60 / 45 / 30 seconds.

Target an enemy unit to gain 45% of their Strength for 7 seconds and deal x2 / x3 / x4 critical attack.

Applies a 1 second Stun and applies a tapering 100% Movement Speed slow for 3 seconds.

Staff Effect: Strength Sap duration increased to 30 seconds. Cooldown reduced to 40 / 30 / 20 seconds.

RIght click to auto-cast.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess you got this idea from Tusk from Dota 2 so I'd prefer a static critical strike damage over increased critical strike per level of Willowmaker ability, the same treatment as Tusk's ability you got inspired from. if you wish to make leveling Willowmaker have a meaning, let the slow effect and cooldown scale with the level of Willowmaker.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, datfizh said:

I guess you got this idea from Tusk from Dota 2 so I'd prefer a static critical strike damage over increased critical strike per level of Willowmaker ability, the same treatment as Tusk's ability you got inspired from. if you wish to make leveling Willowmaker have a meaning, let the slow effect and cooldown scale with the level of Willowmaker.

Yeah i mean, increasing damage based on enemy strength sounds good on paper, but in game it's kinda meh. Why i should wait till enemy will get more strength to deal more damage? It's bad design. Also it was kinda like this back in 2018 in PBT, but sadly didn't got to retail. Oh and It didn't had auto-cast function doe.

As you can see current Ulti doesn't has stun or slow scaling, so didn't change it, just reduced a bit. Same goes for Tusk's ulti it doesn't has stun and slow scale, only crit multiplayer is goes up and i think crit multiplayer and cooldown reduction is enough reason to learn ultimate.

Edited by DemonSparda
On 3/28/2021 at 9:47 PM, DemonSparda said:

Same goes for Tusk's ulti it doesn't has stun and slow scale, only crit multiplayer is goes up and i think crit multiplayer and cooldown reduction is enough reason to learn ultimate.

I guess you're not up to date yet about Tusk's ultimate. Let me give you the link I referred: dota2.fandom.com/wiki/Tusk

I think the reason why Tusk critical strike now is static because the critical strike scales by itself. I think if Tusk has scaling critical strike like he used to, it'll be too weak when the critical strike is at early level and too strong when the critical strike is at peak level.

In the end, you decide what you propose. I just want to exchange some opinions with you. That's all.

Edited by datfizh
#3 edit

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com