Midwars is so fkn Frustrating

Every game falls into one of three possible outcomes:

1. Enemy Team picks the Imbalanced Heroes that totally break the game and the game is lost instantly

2. Your Team picks one of the 30 imbalanced Heroes that totally break the game and the game is won instantly

3. Your team takes imbalanced heroes as well as the enemy team, and the guys in your team are russians that cant even play the most broken easy imbalanced heroes
So u are forced to lose no matter how good u might play.

As long as there are much more Imbalanced heroes that there are possible bans, this will not change.
Is there any chance that Midwars balance could get any love?
(it would be easy give every player 3 bans and make all bans visible so no hero gets banned twice)

If you want only balanced heroes, play Foc.
If you want to do something about your "Russian problem", you probably have to play more HoN games in general to realize that bad and good players have all different nationalities. You might have had a point if you complained about not all of them speaking English, but in terms of skill, they are not really different - just their image is.

There have been a lot of threads about either of those topics and there has never been any valuable outcome. Heroes will always be balanced around Foc, there will be no region-lock and nothing similar.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Manu311 said:

If you want only balanced heroes, play Foc.
If you want to do something about your "Russian problem", you probably have to play more HoN games in general to realize that bad and good players have all different nationalities. You might have had a point if you complained about not all of them speaking English, but in terms of skill, they are not really different - just their image is.

There have been a lot of threads about either of those topics and there has never been any valuable outcome. Heroes will always be balanced around Foc, there will be no region-lock and nothing similar.

Yeah i know this sore excuses already.

Thats why i brought a solution right with me:

13 hours ago, Lifewaster said:

(it would be easy give every player 3 bans and make all bans visible so no hero gets banned twice)

Do that and u will see how most of the million midwars is unbalanced (because its true)
threads will just vanish.

Poof problem gone

PS: i don't want to play FoC because i want to have fun.
FoC is when u want to sleep.
I don't wanna play 60+ minutes with a total of 5 kills in the game
and the highest hero level is 10

there is a good reason why FoC sounds like some other F-Word

Edited by Lifewaster
5 hours ago, Lifewaster said:

FoC is when u want to sleep.
I don't wanna play 60+ minutes with a total of 5 kills in the game
and the highest hero level is 10

Most people I know choose to play MidWars when they are too tired to play FoC 😂.
And I don't think that more than 2-3 games of my 10 000ths games of Foc ended with the highest level being at or below level 10. Even I myself was above level 10 in most of those games (and I usually play support nowadays).
Same for kills. the games where there is not at least one player that has 5 kills is extremely rare - let alone 5 kills in the entire game.

I'm assuming you're extremely exaggerating, but then what's even the point of discussing it? I mean I can join that team and assume that you want to play a game where you basically spawn fully equiped at level 25 to play 3 minutes until either team backdoored to win the game? I guess you can survive those 3 minutes with imbalanced heroes and bad players 😉.

But seriously, I'm not against a bunch of bans for MW. But then in the end it will just always end the same. Even if you ban half the hero-pool - those bans will be almost the same every game and there will always be the best heroes of what is left to pick. You can't fix the problem with more bans, you can only slightly mitigate it by preventing people from trying out more heroes and by reducing the amount of variety of games you get. Of course right now you get 5 of the same 20 heroes (or so) almost every game. But by limiting that pool of 20 to maybe 4, you'll always get those 4 - every single game (that assumes the votes being public and there being enough of them).

i played maybe 50 FoC games and 6500 Midwars games.

Midwars is just a ton of fun to me wile i would rather get a burning iron injected in my anus,
because to me there is nothing more boring than a game of FoC

On 3/3/2021 at 12:10 PM, Manu311 said:

Most people I know choose to play MidWars when they are too tired to play FoC 😂.
And I don't think that more than 2-3 games of my 10 000ths games of Foc ended with the highest level being at or below level 10. Even I myself was above level 10 in most of those games (and I usually play support nowadays).
Same for kills. the games where there is not at least one player that has 5 kills is extremely rare - let alone 5 kills in the entire game.

I'm assuming you're extremely exaggerating, but then what's even the point of discussing it? I mean I can join that team and assume that you want to play a game where you basically spawn fully equiped at level 25 to play 3 minutes until either team backdoored to win the game? I guess you can survive those 3 minutes with imbalanced heroes and bad players 😉.

But seriously, I'm not against a bunch of bans for MW. But then in the end it will just always end the same. Even if you ban half the hero-pool - those bans will be almost the same every game and there will always be the best heroes of what is left to pick. You can't fix the problem with more bans, you can only slightly mitigate it by preventing people from trying out more heroes and by reducing the amount of variety of games you get. Of course right now you get 5 of the same 20 heroes (or so) almost every game. But by limiting that pool of 20 to maybe 4, you'll always get those 4 - every single game (that assumes the votes being public and there being enough of them).

well another way to solve the picking problem would be to do some kind of each team ban 5 heroes
and then all Random mode.

But i guess you are right, the problem is not that there are these imbalanced gamebreakers
its those human trash that takes em every single game just to be sure to win easy or
to prevent them from trying out new heroes.

But what could one do against those?

I stopped playing FoC when all I had were players not wanting to play as a team. Too many lost games, one after another, too much shit making the map not fun at all. I don't mind losing if I had fun, almost equal chances like the enemy.

Long ago they tried to make Midwars hero stats different to FoC, but changed them back due to learning curve of new players.

Why don't they apply this to the items as well? Jade Spire, Icon of the Goddess, Grave locket. Midwars is already a fast paced, imbalanced mode. 

20 hours ago, Lifewaster said:

well another way to solve the picking problem would be to do some kind of each team ban 5 heroes
and then all Random mode.

I'm all for "All Random" or "Balanced Random" in all modes. Imo they are way more fun because this doesn't only apply to MidWars. However All Random has been removed from both game modes (even before single draft, in case of Foc) because apparently people find it worse to have an equal chance of having the strong heroes than to let people pick them 😉.
So I guess we tried that, but without way more players again, it's probably not gonna happen.
You could host public games with AllRandom I guess - if you're willing to wait for an hour for the game to fill up.

6 hours ago, Manu311 said:

I'm all for "All Random" or "Balanced Random" in all modes. Imo they are way more fun"

And when RNG gives the enemy team Flint, Devo, Prisoner, MoA, etc... such fun.  😄

Edited by Mefer
On 3/7/2021 at 6:39 PM, Mefer said:

And when RNG gives the enemy team Flint, Devo, Prisoner, MoA, etc... such fun.  😄

Chances are pretty small that this happens, but of course it can happen. And people tend to remind those rare games where it happens instead of all the others in between.
In MW if you play AR games are more often decided of how well you can use "bad heroes". No one would ever pick Parasite or Ophelia in picking modes MW, but it would make a totally different challenge if you have to play those heroes and play something like WB vs Parasite which would never happen otherwise. It might not increase balance, but it would increase diversity of games by a lot.

You can still solo q and rise in mmr in midwars, it's not impossible. Sure you're going to get some games where the other team plays better than yours and you lose.

What you should focus on is the only constant that's in your team every single game you play, that is yourself. Try to adapt and don't focus on your "bad" teammates.

I think all 20 bans should be visible though buuut as always FB has limited resources and MW is not a priority.

• Like 1
On 3/8/2021 at 8:36 PM, Manu311 said:

No one would ever pick Parasite or Ophelia in picking modes MW

I had an SD game, yesterday I think, and our Ophelia had 26 kills after the match ended, us winning. 

But I agree with you, AR is more challenging because it makes you, sometimes, play something you wouldn't usually play. However, having most of your team not accustomed to their heroes, along with the enemy having gotten some good RNG, equals a really shitty match. Which your mates don't want to concede. 🙂 

Edited by Mefer
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SupaPowaXXL said:

You can still solo q and rise in mmr in midwars, it's not impossible. Sure you're going to get some games where the other team plays better than yours and you lose.

What you should focus on is the only constant that's in your team every single game you play, that is yourself. Try to adapt and don't focus on your "bad" teammates.

I think all 20 bans should be visible though buuut as always FB has limited resources and MW is not a priority.

i just had a game, we had it clearly in our hands, i told them, we should end not mess around.

i got some "fk yourself suka blyat" and they started messing around ending up feeding the enemy team
and we lost a game that was a sure victory. 

in the end i had good stats, but what did it change?

This is every game since russians started invading european servers.
Winning in a solo queue is pure luck.

Get more Overpowered imbalanced gamebreaker heroes then the others
and get less russians, or u have already lost.

thats my experience 

Edited by Lifewaster
18 hours ago, Manu311 said:

Chances are pretty small that this happens, but of course it can happen. And people tend to remind those rare games where it happens instead of all the others in between.
In MW if you play AR games are more often decided of how well you can use "bad heroes". No one would ever pick Parasite or Ophelia in picking modes MW, but it would make a totally different challenge if you have to play those heroes and play something like WB vs Parasite which would never happen otherwise. It might not increase balance, but it would increase diversity of games by a lot.

Why not Pick Ophelia or Parasite in MW?
If the enemy team is not a gamebreaker like every game these days with 40 Overpowered Heroes, 
u can win with them if u perform good.

But as i said, not these days where everything is headed thowards 
more and more imbalance. Like giving Flint a fkn true strike aura for the whole team, who came up with this bullshit?

15 minutes ago, Lifewaster said:

Like giving Flint a fkn true strike aura for the whole team, who came up with this bullshit?

Yeah. Why don't they give him 1000 range from the start of the game, passive crit, teleport instead of Q and invisibility....

My opnion to improve mw

- The developer creat a heroes Tier list basic on win rate or their opnion. Split to High tier, normal tier, support tier

- Each match will ban random 2 of each tier, maximum of 6 heroes being banned

- This will be called random ban, together with player ban from two side. And it will show the resuit after banning phase end

Follow this rule: The heroes being banned will be minium at 10 and maximum at 16 each match with at least 2 heroes from 3 tier list from above.

---

It doesnt change the fact some heroes will be instant pick if they dont get banned. Just make the match a little interesting with more heroes appear

--- 

Another way give the player around 30 heroes to chose, like single draft but more heroes to chose

Edited by w3_StarBoy

HoN SEA Player

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ScrubFactory said:

"I dont want to play FoC because I want to have fun"

"Midwars is so fkn frustrating"

Well something that was fun turned frustrating,
wile something else sucked in the past and never changed that.

so hard to understand for you? you must be russian, hm?

Edited by Lifewaster
9 hours ago, w3_StarBoy said:

My opnion to improve mw

- The developer creat a heroes Tier list basic on win rate or their opnion. Split to High tier, normal tier, support tier

- Each match will ban random 2 of each tier, maximum of 6 heroes being banned

- This will be called random ban, together with player ban from two side. And it will show the resuit after banning phase end

Follow this rule: The heroes being banned will be minium at 10 and maximum at 16 each match with at least 2 heroes from 3 tier list from above.

---

It doesnt change the fact some heroes will be instant pick if they dont get banned. Just make the match a little interesting with more heroes appear

--- 

Another way give the player around 30 heroes to chose, like single draft but more heroes to chose

Thos tier lists would be very different at 1500 and 2000 mmr

15 hours ago, Lifewaster said:

Well something that was fun turned frustrating,
wile something else sucked in the past and never changed that.

so hard to understand for you? you must be russian, hm?

Lmao you are such an angry person. Have "fun" in your trash game mode. 

There are many problems that may happen when u play mw like other team have good pick and u have trash pick so how to evade it:

1. Ban most op heroes my list consist from devo,pris,thunder,flint, artillery,tarot,magm, pebbles and maybe moa ohh also doctor repulsor.

These heroes are extremely good because they can give you advantage in all phases of match by hooking or snowboaling.

2.Be more tolerant seriously you european meat are so proud of it.There are many reasons for russian people to abandon you in misery i do it too because i don t want to play with people who watch only their stats kda statistic and think they are great pro gamer.

3.It just a game no need to take it seriously

4. Made a bd build with pyromancer or riptide plus empath

And remember to worship my leg photos and tell other players that you are their ancestor. Every match u can find that you have one or two additional papa parents.

Want to know why people always rage when i bd their base;D